Notices
Regional - Pacific South CA, NV

LONGO Tri Athlon March 2008...

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 11:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My time slips beg the differ sir! And wouldn't you know it I checked right now and it even has the time stamp on my time slips! Next time you guys need to get everything right and explain the rules to everyone before the awards!

Dosent really matter to me anyways, I know what I ran!
Old 03-17-2008, 11:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Thanks to all the racers..we'll have to do it again soon..Peace
Old 03-17-2008, 11:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

I agree with Sliver007 FULLY. Him and I are where the 2 fastest cars out there on the track that day.

I myself was a little upset about not being told that the so called second round wasnt going to count. I didnt even know there was a second round. We were all told that it was just a break. My best recorded time should have been 9.387 and Sliver007 and I should have gotten 1st place and 2nd place in the top speed and ET.

I got 1st in ET and 2nd in Top Speed.

Cooldude got 2nd in ET which was definitely not the case. Sliver007 should have gotten that award as he ran a 9.448 ET.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I did forget to write down 2nd and 3rd place on the sheets but it was a quick fix as my team had already reviewed the results and had all the top times and speeds identified. I just had to place them in order for the medal presentation.
i was there also...
no i dont have a turbo and was there just cause ive been going the last few years its been happening...

This year was the worst in my eyes...

1st - the day, if it were any other day im sure there would have been a better turn out like last year and years before that
2nd - the time, in the middle of traffic - any wise man knows the 5 and 605 are bumper to bumper from begining of the day - and luck me i had an accident to deal with and was told that they wouldnt let ppl race if i didnt get there by a certain time (i pretty much had 5 min to go and gps said 10min surface roads)
3rd - the "session", yes i didnt get there on time - why???? gee... the time it was organized at and accident....but got there, put in a few runs and then they stopped it saying it was a break. NO ONE informed anybody AGAIN (if they did before it all began) that only the first session would count....i didnt think much of it and carried on trying in the second session and got some nice numbers.
4th - when i saw the break down for results on my forum - it only mentioned best et, best reaction time.....dont know if that was a typo but none the less thats not wat was handed out at the awards stand.

i was there till the last min.... yes, i saw jasons slips personally and his reaction time was .001 off of 1st place - .503
someone else got 2nd place for that for some reason...

i dont think this event was well organized AT ALL!!!!
it was also a mess at the awards table trying to figure out who was where and wat class and so on....
Old 03-18-2008, 01:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow......I'm really sorry to see and hear all this. We really tried to put on a GREAT event.
As i have learned from running around Scion shows the last couple years..... No one will ever be able to make everyone happy.
I'm sorry things didn't work out the way you thought they should have.....
But the shows over and life goes on...... Please feel free to blame me for everything! My name is Chef aka Andy.

P.S Thursday nights is open racing at Irwindale if ya need to settle the score.
Your all Racing Rock stars to me......C=:{
Old 03-18-2008, 02:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yay Chef!
Old 03-18-2008, 03:49 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by dbgchef
Wow......I'm really sorry to see and hear all this. We really tried to put on a GREAT event.
As i have learned from running around Scion shows the last couple years..... No one will ever be able to make everyone happy.
But the shows over and life goes on...... Please feel free to blame me for everything! My name is Chef aka Andy.

I don't think you should take the blame for anything Andy. If any once a year racers want to get butthurt because they didn't win that awesome 5.00 medallion, oh well. I think you did a great job. Maybe if some of the whiners ever put on a show they'll understand what is involved and be more understanding.

On the other side of the coin, I guess they have a right to complain since they didn't get their money's worth...oh wait...that's right...this event was FREE!
Old 03-18-2008, 04:40 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by surfcitylocal
Originally Posted by dbgchef

I don't think you should take the blame for anything Andy. If any once a year racers want to get butthurt because they didn't win that awesome 5.00 medallion, oh well. I think you did a great job. Maybe if some of the whiners ever put on a show they'll understand what is involved and be more understanding.

On the other side of the coin, I guess they have a right to complain since they didn't get their money's worth...oh wait...that's right...this event was FREE!
lol ...i feel you guys...i was racing...i think this was a awsome event...andy i seen you going back and fourth working ur but off! i would like to congradulate you for working hard to make sure peepz know where there going n stuff! i personally think this was a awsome event and cant wait for the next one!!!

i was the guy in the camo xb with sportmax 504s racing here was 2 pics of me!

Old 03-18-2008, 04:50 AM
SL Member

also are there any one with videos that had recorded the racing??
Old 03-18-2008, 05:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Sorry to hear about your bad time,Phoinix, one thing we've learned from organizing shows and events for the past 4+ years, is that you can't please all the people all of the time, but if you please most then it's a job well done...

Don't take any blame Andy, you did a awesome job brotha....remember, all we tried to do is to put on a FREE event for all and for all just to have a good time, I think we did pretty good.

Now life moves on...Peace
Old 03-18-2008, 05:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Andy, don't take ANY blame for anything. Without those who were involved there would have been NO event. You guys put in a lot of time and effort into this. And thank you to all of you who were involved!

If you want a medal, let me know. I'd be glad to buy you one.

These events are supposed to bring us together because we have the same interest - SCION.

I'm tired of hearing people complaining that they didn't get an award, place or whatever at shows. Next time, there shouldn't even be awards. No medals. No placing. No judging.

If you go to to events, I hope you're going to be with people who have the same interest as you. Not because you desperately want an award. I, along with many others drove from San Diego to have a good time and to see those whom I haven't seen in a while and to meet new people. Ask yourselves this..Why'd YOU go?

Again, let me know if someone wants me to buy them a medal. I will.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Keep in mind, this was FREE!
Old 03-18-2008, 05:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Exactly, Chris.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

People shouldn't complain, maybe constructive criticism, but no complaining.

Glad you guys had fun though!
Old 03-18-2008, 06:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thank you Jose and Juicy Hollister Zoolander Boy. I had no planning whatsoever in this or any event for that matter and it seems there are always a few who find a mole hill and make a mountain out of it. I would hope that as time goes by people realize there are more pressing things in life rather than talkin' down about an event they had a choice to either go to or not. "Why did you go?" That was exactly what I was thinking when reading some of the negative comments.

It was great to see a lot of people having a good time here. I even took 1,528 shots to prove it. Great production on SE and Longo's end.

By the way everyone, Edwin V. could not possibly put up all the pics I gave him. If you did not see a pic of your car on the track on AIC, PM me and I'll try to see if I can find a shot. I did shoot some cars at the finish line and will post those up at a future time. I was only on the track for the first 1-1.5 hours and after that I had to cover the vendors......and ummmm.................the entertainment.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha Edwin! wish I could've made it, you needed some model pictures.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ hey Edwin, you have pm.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Edwin, who's Jose?

I haven't gotten that in a long while now. I guess it was due time.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well now you will get JOSE all the time. hehe
Old 03-18-2008, 06:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

question is there sumthing wrong why am i chirping till third...is it because of my tires or the track? i have nitto neo gens btw..

Quick Reply: LONGO Tri Athlon March 2008...