Notices
Regional - Pacific South CA, NV

Must Read! Dealer Caught Red Handed THRASHING MY CAR!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 12:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Isn't that what you're supposed to do in Customer's cars!

I didn't think so either.

Good case, great witnesses, poss stressed motor.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:57 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Too bad he didn't include his offer of taking care of any future problems - when he leaves his position at the dealership there you lose that, since the dealership is not obligated in any way.

Now, perhaps it is time to speak to the general manager or owner about not only the behavior of the lot boy, but being lied to by the service writer. The dealership as a whole needs to step up and back taking care of any problems potentially caused by the mis-handling of a customer's property by one of their employees. (I also note that there is no mention of the multiple lies told to you by the service writer - per his letter the SM only spoke to the driver...Does that mean he just lied, to?)

(Where's your next-nearest dealership? Are they within reasonable distance for at least the oil changes?)

If you ever go there for warranty service (or ANY service) keep in mind that even if you deal only with the service manager, your car will likely go to that same service writer's team...I would object to that since you KNOW he will lie directly to you (and no telling what sort of service his team would give...).
Old 12-03-2005, 01:08 AM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Sorry to hear this happened to you, but believe me, Big Brother has already seen this and you know what rolls down hill.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:27 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

What was wrong with your seat cover? I have the extended warranty but I didn't know seat cover were covered. Mine are starting to rip a bit near the headrest.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Terrible

yes I know this prob should be in the dealer experience forum but not everybody knows it exists
Uh...where is the dealer experience forum?????
Old 12-03-2005, 01:43 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by blimey
Terrible

yes I know this prob should be in the dealer experience forum but not everybody knows it exists
Uh...where is the dealer experience forum?????
Old 12-03-2005, 01:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

If it were me, I'd be letting the heads roll and the witch hunt begin. There is no reason at least a few asses should be in slings and fired without question. I'd do a lot of what Tomas suggested, as you seem to have already done. I'd also be finding your dealership's owner and having a 'come to jesus' talk as was suggested (i like the phrase, btw). Next, to boot, I might, just might, shotgun sue the whole damm place and see who coughs up the kind of guarentees and paperwork to assure that you'll never have to worry about this car. Ever. period. At the end of the day, people understand you mean business when you make a dent in their wallet. Sometimes thats the only way. I might even set the place a blaze just to drive the point home.

but in reality, IMHO, if there are not a few heads hanging from the garage walls in the service dept, the lesson has not been learned.
Old 12-03-2005, 02:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

After reading the 'letter', It doesn't state anything to help you out. It's all your word against theirs. I would deffinitely get the statement from the girl at the rental place AND talk to the owner/general manager whoever is at the top! The person should have been fired, the writer should be reprimanded, the dealership should do more to assure you there are no problems with the car. If you decide to take your business elsewhere, you said you would lose out on the tire rotation and oil changes....Well, they should lose out on the sale commissions for the sale. Dealers get awards for meeting quotas and other 'goodies' for GOOD jobs done within the dealership from Toyota itself! Why should YOU be the only one to lose out because you feel this dealer did you wrong? Take this to the TOP! Do everything you can to show, not only TOYOTA, but other customers that this has happened and it is UNACCEPTABLE!
Good luck with it!
Old 12-03-2005, 05:52 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

same thing happened to my rsx. i was getting a maitenance check and was outside talking on my cellphone. all of a sudden i see this white rsx zooming, obviously redlining. i went back and complained got lots of apologies and thats about it.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You know something?? Maggard Toyota/Scion has a pretty nice ring to it.....

And I like the sound of Steve Manier, lot boy.
I'd also be sure your salesman, and his mgr saw this thread. With this, they will know the story is out and you aren't one to be pushed around. Because right now, the story is all over this huge country of ours.

Seriously, that letter they gave you is just a dirty diaper, Something to cover their butt and full of sh*y. Go looking for the GM. I thought you said that the SM also lied to cover the SW for covering for the porter.... Or did I mis-read?
Old 12-03-2005, 08:38 PM
5 Year Member
Scinergy

Default try emailing someone at scion

I would try to find someway to talk to or email someone at scion HQ. Because scion is all about the whole deal from the sale to the repairs of the car. Deff try to get the word to the heads over at scion.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Welcome to 99.5% of dealerships WORLDWIDE. That's what happens at car dealerships ALL the time... you just happen to witness it.