SL Member

Old 12-08-2008, 02:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

Originally Posted by B1uEsC1uEs
PacMan FTW!
It seemed like he played with De La Hoya in the corners. Cant beat his speed, he's the "Mexicutioner" lol.
not to take anything from manny but he has only fought mostly guys on their way out, he hasn't fought any fighter on their prime.

De La Hoya has always been a joke of a fighter IMHO the guy ran most of the time in his fights also and has never faced any big challeges in his carrer, and for him to used as an excuse that he lost because manny was left handed is just lame.. even his trainer said in an interview " Oscar lost because i had an strategy from him and he refused to follow"

Originally Posted by AWOL
Agree he didn't go down but if it wasn't stopped he would've like Diaz. You could see his legs buckling at he end of each flurry but it seem liked Manny backed off as if he didn't want to finish him off. I can't believe our radio stations (power 106) up here just cause they're boy lost they were calling the fight fixed.
i have to agree, the guy got about 26+ mil for just going up on the ring.. I really didn't see him put up a fight it was just another pay day for him..

remember names sells, people just like to see the "super star" even if there fighting and has been boxer..

Originally Posted by Ace83
for sure i will watch his fights, its crazy pacman is going up and down with his weight lol
If he goes up and down like that and is victorious he'll literally be the best pound for pound boxer.
i think him going up and down like that its going to be his down fall, to be the best pound for pound boxer he needs to prove it by defending the titles..
Paquiao has a huge road ahead...
Old 12-08-2008, 03:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

just props to Pac Man i dunno whats up with oscar he did not even defend himself i guess he did it all for the $$$ but its all good

if anyone missed the fight or wants it i have it straight outta my Tivo on DVD so just PM Me and we can work something out
Old 12-08-2008, 03:42 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by racerXa
not to take anything from manny but he has only fought mostly guys on their way out, he hasn't fought any fighter on their prime.

he fought Erik Morales 3 times beating him 2 out of the 3. fought marco antonio barrera twice and won both times. fought david diaz in a 9th round TKO. fought juan manuel marquez winning once and drawing another.

you can't say he didn't fight anyone in their prime. he beat people out of their prime...that's what happened.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

barrera retired then came back, the guy should have never came out of retirement but his pride got the best of him. Diaz isn't really a big contender has heart but not a great fighter. Marquez was robbed on the second fight. IMHO

this are boxers on their last years who had or are pushing their career to long..
Old 12-08-2008, 04:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

RacerX knows what he is talking about, not to take anything away from Pacman, a win is a win, but he did beat these guys on there way out, keep in mind Morales, Barrera, and DeLaHoya all had more then 40 fights under there belts. I am sorry after 40 fights you are never the same again. But that is what boxing is ALL about the young guys put the old guys to sleep, that is how it always been and forever will be. Let's just give props to Pacman and the Pinnoys and not make this into a STUPID Mexican vs Philipinos war, remember we both have the same SPANISH blood in us, it came when the Spaniards raped and pillegd our cities and countries. But we ALL know Pacman would have had NO chance vs Del La Hoya in his prime...Wink Wink.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so wat if mayweather comes out of retirement just to fight manny and looses....would that count? mayweather is at his prime right now ( or would at least think he is...never liked the dude anyway) and they say he is the best pound-for-pound on his way out......
Old 12-08-2008, 05:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Edzone_xB
RacerX knows what he is talking about, not to take anything away from Pacman, a win is a win, but he did beat these guys on there way out, keep in mind Morales, Barrera, and DeLaHoya all had more then 40 fights under there belts. I am sorry after 40 fights you are never the same again. But that is what boxing is ALL about the young guys put the old guys to sleep, that is how it always been and forever will be. Let's just give props to Pacman and the Pinnoys and not make this into a STUPID Mexican vs Philipinos war, remember we both have the same SPANISH blood in us, it came when the Spaniards raped and pillegd our cities and countries. But we ALL know Pacman would have had NO chance vs Del La Hoya in his prime...Wink Wink.
Dude no one in here ha tried to make it race vs. race in fact it wasn't even mentioned. You totally contradict yourself one minute you say a win is a win and that no one can take that away and how just give props then you end it by saying he can't beat him in his prime. Pick a side of the fence give him his props or don't. I didn't give him the nickname of being the best pound for pound people in the boxing world that matter did. So obviously he's done something right. And Racer XA that is stupid to say it was fixed because Oscar just stood there the poor guy just couldn't catch thats why he looked stagnant and regardless what I think of Oscar I think he would have more pride that to throw a fight especially when the winner got an extra 10 percent because the split was 60 - 30 and the remainder goes to the winner. Oscar did the same thing as manny everyone gave him credit for destroying JCC but I bet not one of you guys mentioned that he beat them on their "way out" along with half his opponents as well. I know names sell but Oscar was able to market this fight more than others because Manny is not a small name. So ya'll hate as much as you want but truth remains Manny is the best pound for pound and he humiliated the golden boy like no other has done before. Yes he does have a tough road especially if he fluctuates like that but thats what will make watching it unfold all the more fun.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

he lost all credibility & street credibility when his pany wearing photos popped up on the internet. I'm mexican and I laugh at all the dumb mexicans that bet money that he would win. why bet on someone just because of race which, most mexicans do when it comes to lation boxers agaisnt another race
Old 12-08-2008, 06:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

Dude no one in here ha tried to make it race vs. race in fact it wasn't even mentioned. You totally contradict yourself one minute you say a win is a win and that no one can take that away and how just give props then you end it by saying he can't beat him in his prime. Pick a side of the fence give him his props or don't. I didn't give him the nickname of being the best pound for pound people in the boxing world that matter did. So obviously he's done something right. And Racer XA that is stupid to say it was fixed because Oscar just stood there the poor guy just couldn't catch thats why he looked stagnant and regardless what I think of Oscar I think he would have more pride that to throw a fight especially when the winner got an extra 10 percent because the split was 60 - 30 and the remainder goes to the winner. Oscar did the same thing as manny everyone gave him credit for destroying JCC but I bet not one of you guys mentioned that he beat them on their "way out" along with half his opponents as well. I know names sell but Oscar was able to market this fight more than others because Manny is not a small name. So ya'll hate as much as you want but truth remains Manny is the best pound for pound and he humiliated the golden boy like no other has done before. Yes he does have a tough road especially if he fluctuates like that but thats what will make watching it unfold all the more fun.
wow dude no need to start calling names here.. its just a discussion, all im saying the guy made or 25+ mil just for showing the guy did a great investment with his money (golden boy promotions) if you read what else i said it would make sence if you don't agree just say so..

and I agree with you on the whole JCC thing hes fight with him was about 3-4 rounds (if remember right) due to a cut on his eye but Chaves was way over his prime he should of retired when he was on top. Once the divorce with his wife, and everything else was going on the guy just continue with what he new best...

its rare to see a boxer go out on top, if some of you are still around we might even have a talk about manny and some new up and comming boxer..

Originally Posted by ocrida
he lost all credibility & street credibility when his pany wearing photos popped up on the internet. I'm mexican and I laugh at all the dumb mexicans that bet money that he would win. why bet on someone just because of race which, most mexicans do when it comes to lation boxers agaisnt another race
that just betting dumb
Old 12-08-2008, 07:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow dude no need to start calling names here.. its just a discussion, all im saying the guy made or 25+ mil just for showing the guy did a great investment with his money (golden boy promotions) if you read what else i said it would make sence if you don't agree just say so..

and I agree with you on the whole JCC thing hes fight with him was about 3-4 rounds (if remember right) due to a cut on his eye but Chaves was way over his prime he should of retired when he was on top. Once the divorce with his wife, and everything else was going on the guy just continue with what he new best...

its rare to see a boxer go out on top, if some of you are still around we might even have a talk about manny and some new up and comming boxer..

that just betting dumb
lol its true u know there dumb @$$ mexicans that bet on hoya just cuz he was mexican and was going up agaisnt pac cuz he was another race. i dont really care for boxing that much anyway but whatever just like the stupid fex ex driver that came into our work today thats mexican and was like "man i lost $200 on the fight"
Old 12-08-2008, 10:20 PM
SL Member

manny has more than 40 fights? does that count?
Old 12-09-2008, 01:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

that just betting dumb
Yo let RacerXA let me clarify, sorry if it seemed like I was calling you names I don't do that and all that stuff is childish I was just stating my opinion that's all. I was saying that the notion of it being fixed was "stupid" what you said did make sense but I give Oscar more credit than that I doubt he would disgrace himself or his company by throwing a fight. So on that I disagree. But I do agree that boxers or any athlete for that matter go out on top for the main reason of that they cannot accept their time is done only the wisest will stop while their on top the rest will keep fighting till they have no more at all. I certainly hope we won't have to talk about Manny going out that way but if we do I'll be around.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Who cares!!! AWOL is right, RacerX is right, all I know is that De La Hoya got beat down and Pacman did it and the Pinnoys have a "real" national hero, not like the dorks in Philadelphia with a statue of a fake "Rocky"!!! Hahahahahah!!!! I like when people take all this crap seriously and start writing with anger and try to be right, I just wrote that crap to see if I get a reaction......and I did!!!!
Old 12-09-2008, 05:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

that just betting dumb
Yo let RacerXA let me clarify, sorry if it seemed like I was calling you names I don't do that and all that stuff is childish I was just stating my opinion that's all. I was saying that the notion of it being fixed was "stupid" what you said did make sense but I give Oscar more credit than that I doubt he would disgrace himself or his company by throwing a fight. So on that I disagree. But I do agree that boxers or any athlete for that matter go out on top for the main reason of that they cannot accept their time is done only the wisest will stop while their on top the rest will keep fighting till they have no more at all. I certainly hope we won't have to talk about Manny going out that way but if we do I'll be around.
thanks for clearing that out. :D I will also be here, I just hope manny does retire on his own he does alot for the community..

if your ever in covina and there's a fight hit me up im always down to meet up with other people who know about boxing hee hee
Old 12-09-2008, 10:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I like it when every1 gets along in d end
Old 12-09-2008, 11:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 12-10-2008, 10:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

thanks for clearing that out. :D I will also be here, I just hope manny does retire on his own he does alot for the community..

if your ever in covina and there's a fight hit me up im always down to meet up with other people who know about boxing hee hee
Dude I live in Covina
Old 12-11-2008, 03:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ha everyone got along,i was suprised not see a bunch of filipinos going " filipino!filipino!" if only my dealership was as nice as u guys. we have 3 hispanic salesman and 3 filipino ones including me. i went over to them the day after the fight and said "ha see the fight!" and they all did that thing where u look like your boxing someone to look tough and said" just bc one filipino can fight dosent mean all of u can"

Quick Reply: Pacquaio vs De la hoya