Notices
Regional - Pacific South CA, NV

Powder Coating-Pics on Pg. 4-7,9,10,12,14-19

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 01:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Stupid question, but I assume that the tires must be dismounted before coating?
Old 03-08-2010, 04:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionFreak08
u do very clean work man keep up the good work super clean job....=]..how much for 18 in rims just the face painted like a goldish look leavin the polished lip alone??i can provide pics to if u wana see wut i want painted??
Thank you i try my best to make my customers happy

For 18 inch rims its usually $60 each, but yours might be a bit more or a bit less +/- about $10 just because of the masking.

A picture would be great

When you say you only want the face gold, do you also want the back of the rim gold? meaning from the hub back

Originally Posted by crush02342002
work looks great...got a job for ya...air diversion panel. intrested?
Yes sir

Is it a 1 piece or 2 piece? what brand?

what color do you want it?

If you want a single color it should be about $30-$40, candy colors are 60

Originally Posted by Thorium06
might be interested in a valve cover in wrinkle red...
Awesome, it will cost $60

I even have a core I can do the job on so you wont have any down time with your car.

Originally Posted by tCtCtC
Stupid question, but I assume that the tires must be dismounted before coating?
not stupid at all, this is the question I get asked the most lol

but yes they must be removed I have a shop right next to my house that charges $50 to dismount them, Ill coat them and they will remount them and balance them, that is a great deal

Thanks for everyones interest and support

Ill be doing ceramic coating within the next 2 months. So if you have any turbo/manifold/downpipes ill be able to do it cheaper than most anyone
Old 03-08-2010, 04:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sweet i may go ahead and have you do that, two questions though. first, eventually i would like to have a few intercooler pipes done in the same color, would it be hard to match the color of the valve cover if I have someone local do it? I would have you do the pipes too, but i cant afford to have any down time.

the other question is my current one is painted with high temp paint, it comes off really easily though, will that cost me more since you will have to strip it to use as the core?
Old 03-08-2010, 07:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sweet i may go ahead and have you do that, two questions though. first, eventually i would like to have a few intercooler pipes done in the same color, would it be hard to match the color of the valve cover if I have someone local do it? I would have you do the pipes too, but i cant afford to have any down time.

the other question is my current one is painted with high temp paint, it comes off really easily though, will that cost me more since you will have to strip it to use as the core?
I buy my powder from www.powderbuythepound.com

if you want, ask your local powder coater if can buy the powder from this web sight, or ask to see a sample of his wrinkle red and see how well it matches up to mine.

Normally I charge a stripping fee of $10 but Ill charge you only $5 if you do decide to go through with it.

i do charge a $50 core fee, but it is 100% refundable.

let me know if you have any more questions
Old 03-08-2010, 10:15 AM
SL Member

this is wut i want painted inside the red circle thats it, only the part u can see u get me ??

Last edited by ScionFreak08; 03-08-2010 at 10:35 AM.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:16 AM
SL Member

^^^how much would that b lmk man?? like a goldish color
Old 03-08-2010, 12:28 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

one piece, its polished now but got a couple of scratches

Name:  IMG_1276.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  121.7 KB

Name:  IMG_1778.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  185.3 KB

im thinking black chrome. depending how the color turnes out id like to do my VC and turbo compressor housing
Old 03-08-2010, 07:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^how much would that b lmk man?? like a goldish color
Are those rims painted or just polished with a clear?

I can do gold no problem

You have a few choices here. What I can do is mask off the lip and sandblast the paint or clear coat off the face and then powder coat the face

Or

I can clean and scuff up the face and powder coat over the existing paint or clear coat

I ALWAYS recommend the first choice, raw metal is the best surface for powder to stick to but it cost the customer more because it is more work for me. I have done a few set of rims by cleaning and scuffing the existing paint up and going over it with powder, and I have not had one customer come back with any problems.

If you want me to mask off the lip and have them sandblasted It will be about $85 a rim.

If you want me to just clean and scuff an exiting paint and go over it with powder and mask your polished lip it will be about $50 a rim

I dont give 100% final prices until the piece is in my hands

Where do you live?

Originally Posted by crush02342002
one piece, its polished now but got a couple of scratches

im thinking black chrome. depending how the color turnes out id like to do my VC and turbo compressor housing
awesome Ill give you your options and how black chrome works

I have this color called solar rain in stock, its a type of black chrome.

http://www.powderbuythepoundwest.com...roducts_id=151

In order to get the black chrome look, the metal piece must be chromed, polished or have a chrome powder coat applied as a base.

The solar rain is just a black tinted clear really. So as shiny as your metal surface is, that how shiny the black chrome will be.

So if you get the diversion plate polished or chromed it will look amazing with a solar rain top coat. It will still look great with a chrome powder base coat just not as shiny as real chrome or polished

So if you want to polished it up before you send it to me you will save yourself some money.

It will be $30 if you polish or chrome the diversion plate and then send it to me for the solar rain top coat

OR

Its $60 if you want a chrome powder coat as a base coat and solar rain over that.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:34 PM
SL Member

[quote=NVMyTc;3497701]Are those rims painted or just polished with a clear?

I can do gold no problem

You have a few choices here. What I can do is mask off the lip and sandblast the paint or clear coat off the face and then powder coat the face

Or

I can clean and scuff up the face and powder coat over the existing paint or clear coat

I ALWAYS recommend the first choice, raw metal is the best surface for powder to stick to but it cost the customer more because it is more work for me. I have done a few set of rims by cleaning and scuffing the existing paint up and going over it with powder, and I have not had one customer come back with any problems.

If you want me to mask off the lip and have them sandblasted It will be about $85 a rim.

If you want me to just clean and scuff an exiting paint and go over it with powder and mask your polished lip it will be about $50 a rim

Where do you live?

they look to be painted on the face with a grey an the lip is clearcoat wutever it is its cheap paint cuz it has scuff marks like a **** thats y i wana paint them instead..i was thinkn if u could do the lip chrome an the face gold how much would that rum me?
Old 03-08-2010, 08:38 PM
SL Member

i stay in riverside too by the way .. how long would it take u for all four rims usually?
Old 03-09-2010, 12:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[QUOTE=ScionFreak08;3497774]
Originally Posted by NVMyTc
Are those rims painted or just polished with a clear?

I can do gold no problem

Or

Where do you live?

they look to be painted on the face with a grey an the lip is clearcoat wutever it is its cheap paint cuz it has scuff marks like a **** thats y i wana paint them instead..i was thinkn if u could do the lip chrome an the face gold how much would that rum me?
Just so you know, chrome powder needs a clear coat and once chrome powder has a clear coat on it, the shine dulls out a lot. Your polished lip will look much shiner

but if you want a chrome powder with a gold center with a clear over it all, its going to be about $120 each wheel
Old 03-09-2010, 01:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey, im still interested in the valve cover but im looking for a spare. Ill hit you up asap once i get a spare.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Stevemg
Hey, im still interested in the valve cover but im looking for a spare. Ill hit you up asap once i get a spare.
Ok cool man

Here is a valve cover and tow hook I made for Thorium06, The valve cover is wrinkle red and the tow hook is mirror red. The threads do not have powder because it will not allow the hook to be screwed in

Name:  IMG_7049.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  89.7 KB
Name:  IMG_7051.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  88.1 KB
Name:  IMG_7052.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  103.7 KB
Name:  IMG_7050.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  84.7 KB
Name:  IMG_7053.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  145.7 KB
Name:  IMG_7054.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  88.2 KB
Old 03-10-2010, 04:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL i went through this whole thread. I'm definitely gonna hit you up when my tires are done. Got some 18x8 MB Weapons that need a new face. Where in Whittier are you?
Old 03-10-2010, 04:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

whooohooo!! those look so sick! i cant wait to put them on!
Old 03-10-2010, 09:10 AM
SL Member

wut if i masked off the lip myself how much would u charge me for the 4 rims just the face gold?? sanblasted an powder coated?
Old 03-10-2010, 02:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tCrease
LOL i went through this whole thread. I'm definitely gonna hit you up when my tires are done. Got some 18x8 MB Weapons that need a new face. Where in Whittier are you?
Awesome

Im near the Whittier Home Depot, off the 605 Freeway

whooohooo!! those look so sick! i cant wait to put them on!
Im shipping them today

wut if i masked off the lip myself how much would u charge me for the 4 rims just the face gold?? sanblasted an powder coated?
That really wouldnt work

Well I use Duck Tape when Sandblasting then I use blue painters tape when I shoot the powder

Half way through the cure cycle i pull the rims out and remove the tape to make sure it has a clean line, then back in the oven it goes for a full cure.

Are these rims on your car right now?
Old 03-10-2010, 02:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey NVMyTc! Do you have trouble with orange peel on the valve covers sometimes?
Old 03-10-2010, 04:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scion71tc
Hey NVMyTc! Do you have trouble with orange peel on the valve covers sometimes?
Only with certain sheens I have light to moderate orange peel. Satins always have orange peel no matter how thick or light my coat is.

Going to thick or thin on the powder will cause orange peel

I have a method that gives me very smooth result with most my powders. I leave the part in the oven @ 225* then once it flows out, I give it 10 minutes and then i put my oven temp to whatever the powder needs to be at. so then ill bump it to say 400* until the part reaches it desired temp. and start my timer

make sense? haha
Old 03-11-2010, 06:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A customer just dropped off some more parts for his dragster

So ill be posting pics soon

Quick Reply: Powder Coating-Pics on Pg. 4-7,9,10,12,14-19