Notices
Regional - Pacific South CA, NV

SCION NIGHT AT KNOTTS - LATEST ADVERTISEMENT - CHECK IT OUT!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 12:04 AM
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Originally Posted by SquallLHeart
Sorry David, I do realize that in the past artwork and promotions have been done thru outside companies which cost money.

however, you should realize that the scion community has plenty to offer in return. there is no denial the fact that you and Scion corp have given us owner's a wonderful time with events and a great deal of happiness

but, as mentioned here and i myself have to mention.. the flyer that you have created was poorly put together. (please take it as constructive criticism)

money is a concern nowanddays with the economy.. and i know from first hand experience car sales and the market aren't the best right now either.

pleaseeee. allow us to return the favor that you and corp have given to us. if you had needed help.. there's no shame in calling out to the community for that.

we all here love scion corp, and i know i would help out as much as i can to make sure things go well.

perhaps something to think about the next time though. you could ask the owners for their own designs.. and even hold a contest so that you can choose what design to use of the bunch. i'm sure many of the enthusiasts here would love to put something together.

i quickly did something that i posted up in the other thread as well, if you saw it.

we're all here to support
Does an event have to have extravagent artwork to be considered legit? Im sure all of us have heard the rumours that this will be the last Scion Night and reading the criticism here, i now understand why. Lets take Scion United for instance. There were some vehicles damaged during the 3 days that they had the cars to use for the campaign. Well next thing you know, alot of others are jumping on the bandwagon filing claims for things that had pre-existed prior to the event. I had some damage to my vehicle but it wasnt anything compared to what Scion gave us during that weekend. We dropped our cars off in the middle of nowhere, i expected nicks and scratches and felt no need to be compensated further for them. Scion as a whole has spent millions of dollars if not billions on us owners. To be criticized for something so minor would totally make me re-examine my relationships and make change where needed. Ive pushed many envelopes in the past 4 years that i have been a member of the scion community to show a brand i believe so whole heartedly about to the masses and just reading thru this thread disappoints me extremely
Old 10-02-2008, 12:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

x2 just be happy theres a scion night
Old 10-02-2008, 01:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scion_guru
My name is David Fontanella and I am the regional SCION Manager here at the LA Region. In the past we have utilized companies to create our artwork which cost us a large amount of money. I personally created this flyer to ensure that I was able to focus our funds on fun events for our customers (Car Show, Rock Band Contest, Halloween Club Contest, Vendor Displays, Multiple DJ's, Tickets, and much more to ensure we can enjoy our 5 Year Anniversary as a Company and with our Knotts Event. I thank everyone for their support and know that we will have a great time at Knotts.

Hey what's up David! Have fun at the event and have a funnel cake for me and tear up that Rockband dude. This guy has an awesome vocal high. haha. Sorry wont be able to make to make it because of work.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

i am very happy there is a scion night, and very grateful for what the brand has given back to its customers. i was simply pointing out that the flyer was poorly done. squail brought up great points in his post.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:21 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

it is not about the extravagance of the artwork... just the level of professionalism that is brought upon.

as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words..

such bandwagons i do also realize myself exist.. and there is no doubt that most of us here know how much Scion has spent on us owners. their ways to market the brand are still revolutionary as because the great treatment we get from corporate and others that we ourselves become the best way to advertise the brand.

i cannot recall one day ever since i've owned my Scion that I have not loved to tell people about it.. to continuously advertise it thru the accessories.. the apparel, shirts.. hats.. visors.. keychains.. that Scion has generously provided complimentary to its owners.

such criticism that has been made has been only to help provide feedback. it is all meant to be constructive.. cause the last thing i would really want is to see Scion not doing these types of events anymore..

however.. as the current economy stands... the rumor of this being the very last one... for the most part.. for now, is true... at least for a long time.

anyway.. before we all get butt hurt.. here's my contribution for the community:

Old 10-02-2008, 07:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^looks good, now lets just wait and see what the official word of the show is and when registration begins.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:31 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

yea, registration will be slightly hectic i'm sure, but we still have 3 weeks to the event.

also, just as the knott's site has also mentioned.. the construction on I-5 may cause delays and alternate directions are on the knott's site.
http://www.knotts.com/park/guest/parking.shtml

also, the parking area will be the same as last year (for those who went.. (which i actually didn't...) uhm. )

grassy.. area? east lot.. something..
Old 10-02-2008, 07:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if it is 200 cars for the show then it will be on the pavement because they probably all won't fit in the grass area with all of the vendors and expectally with that scion trailer with the game systems, for the scion night 06 it was in the same spot just on the pavement.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:59 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Kartel
Originally Posted by SquallLHeart
Sorry David, I do realize that in the past artwork and promotions have been done thru outside companies which cost money.

however, you should realize that the scion community has plenty to offer in return. there is no denial the fact that you and Scion corp have given us owner's a wonderful time with events and a great deal of happiness

but, as mentioned here and i myself have to mention.. the flyer that you have created was poorly put together. (please take it as constructive criticism)

money is a concern nowanddays with the economy.. and i know from first hand experience car sales and the market aren't the best right now either.

pleaseeee. allow us to return the favor that you and corp have given to us. if you had needed help.. there's no shame in calling out to the community for that.

we all here love scion corp, and i know i would help out as much as i can to make sure things go well.

perhaps something to think about the next time though. you could ask the owners for their own designs.. and even hold a contest so that you can choose what design to use of the bunch. i'm sure many of the enthusiasts here would love to put something together.

i quickly did something that i posted up in the other thread as well, if you saw it.

we're all here to support
Does an event have to have extravagent artwork to be considered legit? Im sure all of us have heard the rumours that this will be the last Scion Night and reading the criticism here, i now understand why. Lets take Scion United for instance. There were some vehicles damaged during the 3 days that they had the cars to use for the campaign. Well next thing you know, alot of others are jumping on the bandwagon filing claims for things that had pre-existed prior to the event. I had some damage to my vehicle but it wasnt anything compared to what Scion gave us during that weekend. We dropped our cars off in the middle of nowhere, i expected nicks and scratches and felt no need to be compensated further for them. Scion as a whole has spent millions of dollars if not billions on us owners. To be criticized for something so minor would totally make me re-examine my relationships and make change where needed. Ive pushed many envelopes in the past 4 years that i have been a member of the scion community to show a brand i believe so whole heartedly about to the masses and just reading thru this thread disappoints me extremely
Behind you 1000% Mike. How about we have those who don't approve of the flyer not go. That way there is more room for those of us who don't give a flying F what the advert looks like. Those who just want to have a good time and enjoy hanging with other cool Scion owners.

*off my soap box now*
Old 10-02-2008, 04:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Whoa. Un !%?@$#!$^$$*@$%? believable. Thanks Mike for not making me have to type out what I think. ha All we have to wait for now is the whining and biyatching from those who didn't win the contest at this event or why Scion isn't giving away 5 free tickets and only 4. Or isn't giving away 6 instead of 5.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:15 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Or why no one brought a trailer to pick up their car so they wouldn't have to drive it to the parking lot. And I'm sure we'll be hearing from those who are ticked they can't bring in some friends, drop them off and then drive out and pick up more friends to bring them in. (i worked traffic at last years show and got yelled at a bunch for that one) Sometimes no matter what you give people they always complain.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

We should all be thankful for everything SCION does for us, i have never seen no car company care so much for the community. Why does the flyer matter its not like the flyer will get you into the event, all the people complaining are just hating. instead we should all be glad that scion does this for us and its all FREE.

David if you need anything just hit me up on here, email or give me a call.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DODGERXA
We should all be thankful for everything SCION does for us, i have never seen no car company care so much for the community. Why does the flyer matter its not like the flyer will get you into the event, all the people complaining are just hating. instead we should all be glad that scion does this for us and its all FREE.

David if you need anything just hit me up on here, email or give me a call.
x2 for sure!!
Old 10-02-2008, 09:44 PM
Revoluscion
SL Member

in the defense as well for scion corp all i got to say to all those hater is this... do we or you have them spend $3k to $30k in creating a flyer or for them to do something simple and spend that money on us? i rather have a simple logo and a very successful event. but everyone has there opinion but i just say lets be fair with corp, they have done so much for us...look at united!

anyways i look foward on seeing everyone there and having a blast!

Old 10-02-2008, 11:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yay scion nights again!! hi everyone i just came out of hiding lol.. can't wait to signup i just hope i can drive my car to the event =)
Old 10-03-2008, 06:25 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

i have stated my opinions, and just like i expected myself. alot of you blew it out of proportion. there are a few people out there that have a legitimate concern and when you see something like this on the front lines.. it is a very NOTICEABLE that Scion corp and regional are having problems.

I stand behind David's decision, and you all would, in thanking him for routing the budget more to the actual event itself vs to some other company to put together a flyer. (which yes.. i do realize those professionals out there get paid omfg amounts of money on something that minuscule)

goodness, when it all comes down to it.. it's just a flyer guys... but for those really concerned.. it shows that there are problems financially and economically behind the scenes.

I know about United.. and I know how much Scion has spent over the years for us.. even along with Miami back then.. (which for the record I didn't attend either)

but don't think for one second i don't wake up each day.. get in my car.. and thank Scion for everything that they've done for me.

some of you really need to calm down though... as pretty much many of you are taking it in the wrong direction.

yes, i know not everyone can be pleased, a few people are greedy, and the facts of life where you can't get everything you want. you don't have to bring those guys up. you can ignore them.. continuing to address them only fuels the fire. but yes, valid point to people that we should enjoy what we do get.

however.. i'd let them whine... who cares? who seriously... really cares?
i think many of you believe it is because of those owners that Scion and the rumors of these such events will come to a halt..

if they're true.. then yea.. life sucks. they suck.. and you can then join them in the whining room after dinner.

i know i'll be coming to this event.. spending the gas money.. time.. driving to a place 360 miles from my house.. to ENJOY what that Scion has generously provided without complaints

(besides it's my own fault that i'm spending all that gas money.. not Scion's.. seee?? thinking... right direction... lol. )
Old 10-03-2008, 04:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^your the one who started about the flyer not looking professional and so on and then created one to your taste of liking. everyone just let it go and let scion throw the event the way they want to and like they always have in the past. If you don't like it then you can either not show up at all or just show up for your free tickets and have fun without any drama..
Old 10-03-2008, 04:18 PM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

me? started it?

you need to recheck yourself buddy... i only came out into the open to offer help and constructive criticism because too many people were either curious or wondering what was going on.

and there were plenty other people in that bunch who brought up that well before i did in a different manner.. so i came in to resolve and clarify things.

geeeez.

you guys can talk all you want.. but i'm planning to have fun.
Old 10-03-2008, 04:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Enough with the flyer sheesh, Kartel & Taz couldn't of said it better... This is event is gonna be great regardless of what you thinkof the flyer. I thought it was good and looks scaryish, perfect for the holiday!
Old 10-03-2008, 05:06 PM
5 Year Member

I have to refrain from saying what I'm really thinking...so I'll go easy:

I've seen good flyers...I've seen less-than good. Fall where they may, the same is true with some of the Scions rolling out there. Not every one's trophy-worthy. Go Easy.

The Founding Fathers of the Scion Community (some may argue, but two of them are certainly one Nilo and other Verone, to name a few...) would certainly not be pleased to see that SOME members of the best community of enthusiasts...on the planet...would use this platform to cry/complain or just flat out bang on somebody else's work or efforts...when, ultimately, they're 100% dedicated to making you happy.

Thanks to those of you who took it upon yourself (and the rest of/majority of GOOD Scion family) to point out the good intention of it all.

In the words of the immortal Don Cornelius...
Peace. And Love.
JB

Quick Reply: SCION NIGHT AT KNOTTS - LATEST ADVERTISEMENT - CHECK IT OUT!