Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 05:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by INFINI
Originally Posted by P-Shooter
Originally Posted by MADMANPHOTO
eyyyyyy very nice shots we sirously need to get together and start having a photographers choice award at our shows
I can see how fun that can be. But I also see how it can cause drama. I learned from a friend a long time ago that "competition breeds excellence". And I run my business with that always in mind. However, if having a "choice awards" of peoples pictures in somewhat of a competitive setting, I'm afraid some people would take it the wrong way if they didn't "win", get their egos crushed, and cause drama. Kinda like car shows at times.

I'd be interested in knowing how you would like to set this up. But to maintain my drama free life within the Scion scene, I'd sit out anything like this. I can always help judge. And I can be bought. hahaha j/k
lOl x2. Good god please don't try this on ScionLife. Sheesh I don;t even post anymore on the Pseudo Pro photography forums in contests. Some ones friend always makes sure they get a good vote or wins something I would leave the competitions to forums like Smithsonian or some High end Auto mag.
i mean all the photographers join together and pick a car you like a car that was very photogenic you know how sometimes your just going along and you find a car that is parked just the right way the lighting around is perfect and the shot just comes out beautiful i didnt mean the photographer are competing i meant the cars you know push them to set there cars up nice know what i mean
Old 10-28-2008, 05:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh dude I LOVED that guy who danced! In a strange and very weird way, he was hot. Also loved the guy running around with the "xB" saying how he was special and got in for free

Old 10-28-2008, 05:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Maybe,

My experience says it's better to have Photo outings where there is no competition. Allot of people on diff. levels of skill but every one gets a chance to ask questions and or take there own shots. In NYC there were Photo meets at places like the Brooklyn bridge and so on.

To be frank too many people here think WOW nice camera! When it really have very little to do with a good photograph.

So I am Def. up for a Photo Meet. Maybe another subject besides cars?

PS: Edwin it's about time for you to cough up some pics of your own from Knotts yourself there buddy Hehe
Old 10-28-2008, 11:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

Originally Posted by OG_XB
mr helicopter him self aka CHRIS GARAGE
Look at this, caught in the act of sitting on my car and someone leaning on it, WTF!
Old 10-28-2008, 01:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MADMANPHOTO
i mean all the photographers join together and pick a car you like a car that was very photogenic you know how sometimes your just going along and you find a car that is parked just the right way the lighting around is perfect and the shot just comes out beautiful i didnt mean the photographer are competing i meant the cars you know push them to set there cars up nice know what i mean
A classical example of how one person (me) can misinterpret the true meaning of what was said. I totally ____en this up. My apologies to you Madman for misreading the real intentions of your idea. It happens a lot on these here forums. Me FTMFL!

James, my pics are still not ready. Hopefully by tomorrow or Thursday.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SEXB909
This had got to be the ugliest go go dancer ever at an event.
Hmmmmmm......I must have missed that sniper shot. Maybe you should have gone up there then. You like to dance and you got the freak gear:

Even Wheel boy aka "I forgot the Mayo" has some gear:
Old 10-28-2008, 04:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

here are some of my pics...didn't take too many

Old 10-28-2008, 04:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by P-Shooter
Originally Posted by SEXB909
This had got to be the ugliest go go dancer ever at an event.
Hmmmmmm......I must have missed that sniper shot. Maybe you should have gone up there then. You like to dance and you got the freak gear:

Even Wheel boy aka "I forgot the Mayo" has some gear:

LMFAO!! Nice nilo!!
Old 10-28-2008, 04:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have a link to my picasa web album for Knotts. But because of security reasons, if you REALLY want to view it, please PM me.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

DonNguyen great stuff man thanks for sharing
Old 10-28-2008, 08:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

thanks man...

i'm kinda over shooting shows because there's just too much going on:

people walking in front of you shooting
can't control lighting
can't really choose your background

just not my thing
Old 10-28-2008, 08:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

True..... but it keeps me involved in the scene and in Jan I will be out of site in school most likely. Commercial Photography FTW But I figure why not give back and get as many decent memories as possible I think I have about 35 scion shows I have covered over the past 2yrs. under my belt. 90% free....
Old 10-28-2008, 09:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

geez...i used to shoots clubs 3 times a week...got old real quick...

thats why i loved shooting surfing, because i got to travel and no two places or waves are the same
Old 10-28-2008, 09:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lOl, well you sure have a larger canvas at a beach than at a show But night club stuff yeah gets old. Shows do too, but glad I never did 2 or three a week! I would have needed to get paid for that.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for posting my close up Don. lmao
Old 10-28-2008, 09:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

lOl, well you sure have a larger canvas at a beach than at a show But night club stuff yeah gets old. Shows do too, but glad I never did 2 or three a week! I would have needed to get paid for that.
for sure i got paid...plus free drinks...plus meeting tons of chicks...but clubbing gets super boring after a while
Old 10-28-2008, 10:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

True..... but it keeps me involved in the scene and in Jan I will be out of site in school most likely. Commercial Photography FTW But I figure why not give back and get as many decent memories as possible I think I have about 35 scion shows I have covered over the past 2yrs. under my belt. 90% free....
Okay, I've been holding my tongue for a while now.. But I guess I'll just say it..

I keep seeing you post up about how you're covering shows and such for free.. And that people need to give you credit for your shots and all. I understand the credit part, and and I agree. It should be done with all pictures. Credit should be given where credit is deserved.

I think most of us just take pics, and post them to share with others for the joy photography. Although some people's coverage may not be "professional", it still is coverage. And those who missed out on the show still get to see what they missed out on. There are usually several threads, and tons of people contributing to the coverage of shows, but I really don't notice anyone else asking for credit and such, besides you. When others post, it's just simply "Here are my pics from the show. Enjoy." But when you post, it's about credit and how it keeps you doing what you do for free... May I ask why? If you'd like, I'll give you a dollar each show I see you at.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

???? wow dude. Hmmm, I guess you felt the need to share your thoughts. Well for this entire time I never really put my Logo over my images. So it's kind of common sense to ask for credit. I figure maybe your jumping the gun and kind of really need to think a tad before posting on a public thread.

I DID not ask for Credit this time or last

I Praise almost everyone on there photos and make some comments where yes I have been around the photo scene about as long as you have been alive So why not PM me and ask me instead of posting on a thread? Hmmmm kind of makes me wonder. I don't post all my work here, just my car stuff. Cars are easy to shoot. Most of the work is already done for us the the millions of $$ put into designing the darn things. It's not a big challenge.

If you like go check my Gallery online and we can talk shop at some point if your interested.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Honestly, credit doesn't count for anything, but it does ease your mind when you know that people know you took the shots...

it's even more so when the audience gets larger and larger...even then...it still counts for nothing but contributing to your ego which doesn't put money in your pocket or food on the table...

it is nice to know that people recognize that you put in the work though...

in the end...its about the ego
Old 10-28-2008, 10:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

also...joe...are you on AIM ever?

Quick Reply: Scion Nights/Knott's Scary Farm pics