SL Member

yeah but i dont want to sell anything i want to do paper work for them
Old 11-10-2005, 02:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sdtcqueen
yeah but i dont want to sell anything i want to do paper work for them
That should be no problem, your username lists you as 17...... Not sure on the age requirement thing for service writers, dmv clerks,etc..... I believe 21, but I've been wrong before!
Old 11-11-2005, 10:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

theres _____es that work in there service department that look like there sstill in high school and there not the most professional either. im gonna stop going there because every time im there i always catch them giveing me dirty looks and this one girl was talking ____ about my ____in hair in spanish and was acting like i didnt know what she was saying. it ____ed me off sooo much.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Don't hurt 'em!!

Besides, it's they're loss. For me, the service after the sale is just as important if you want to keep me as a customer, ya know? Oh well, between those guys and Frank Toyota,........ maybe I'd better check around!
Old 11-11-2005, 11:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I bought my Scion from Poway Toyota. They weren't good or bad. They sold me a car, I left. The fleet guys there sold me the car, and they knew very little about Scion. One fleet sales guy tells me, as we test drive the xB i bought "this has a 6 disc in-dash changer... " I told him "no it doesnt!" lol Also, to F with him, I asked him if there were air conditioning vents in the back seats. "Yes, there are." He put the vent control to "floor" and told me to feel under my seat, in the rear.. "see, air is flowing".. I couldn't believe he said that. Anyway, he didnt have to "sell" me on the car.. but it's hilarious how some dealers will BS you.

Overall, my sales experience at Poway was neutral. Don't go there if you want your a** kissed, because they wont... at least the fleet dept wont...
Old 11-12-2005, 03:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Longoscion
its not the same without Drew Becker
yup this is the truth !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-12-2005, 07:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah same with Mossy Toyota dont go there if ya want to be treated like gold cause they look at you like you just walked off the crazy bus
Old 11-13-2005, 03:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

lmao thats funny I wonder if this is going to hurt scion sales all there dealers are getting that way
Old 11-13-2005, 04:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm thinking that due to the fact that there is no price gouging and it is harder to "rip" people off.. maybe sales reps don't work on customer service and "winning" the customer's business. Now, I'm not saying that ALL salespeople that sell Scion are negative, but this could be one explanation of why some of them are. Since Scion has "Pure Pricing," it's much harder for sales and finance people to pull the wool over our eyes. Now if we can get everyone to say "NO" in the finance office.... lol

Laters
Old 11-13-2005, 05:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nooooo way.... I just went through a 2 month process of buying my xB. I spent the first month shopping around... called Mossy, Toyota of El Cajon, San Diego Scion, etc. I had the worst service and made no progress at all. At one place, I told them: "I want an '06 BSP xB Auto." And they would call me with "We just got a nice PW Manual in... when can you come pick it up?" It was horrible.

Then I went to Kearny Mesa Scion. The service was.... WONDERFUL. First of all, they have a dedicated Scion department... and the guys there are great (Wayne and Rich). They took excellent care of me: I picked out exactly what I wanted, they ordered it, and it came in. The only hang-up was that the shipping company caused a delay of about a week, so they installed the satellite radio package for me and gave me 9 months of Sirius free.

Seriously... after going through such frustration talking to other dealers, I wish I would have gone to Kearny Mesa first. Those guys are TRUE customer service orientated people, and funny/cool guys too. I had a great time filling out paperwork and hanging out while picking up my car.

GO TO KEARNY MESA SCION and save yourself the trouble.
Old 11-13-2005, 05:06 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

MY bad experience with Scion of El Cajon
I bought my car for Scion of EL Cajon and it started as a good experience and then a week later turned bad. Two days after graduating from UC Berkeley , I went home to visit my parents. When there I heard I got a job offer so I took my job offer letter and took it to the dealer to show what I would be making for the next year since I currently had no money. They had a loaded FM TC on the lot that had most of what I wanted. I told them that I had no money for a deposit and I would start working in two weeks. They said cool and I left with the car. I borrowed some gas money from my dad and I drove back up to Berkeley.

A week later I get a phone call from the dealer telling me that they can not find anyone to finance my loan and that I need to deposit $2,000 . I was like no; the deal was no money down. Well they told me to return the car and I told them they could come pick it up. They said ok. I told them to come up to the Berkeley and get it. I guess cause they realized that the car coudl not be re-sold new any more they told me they would search some more to get me financed. Well they got Toyota to finance me the next day.

They were so nice when I was looking at buying a car but then they tried to play games afterward. I wouldn't buy a car from them again.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ouch that sucks ^^^^ who did u deal with?
Old 11-14-2005, 08:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by moore
I talked with a Filipino gent named Sal when I popped in there a week or two ago, he was pretty cool too, he drives rs1.0 tc, he told me they didn't have any in stock, but we could order one the way we wanted it and it would arrive in about two weeks. He didn't try to "upsell" me ( I didn't tell him I did internet auto sales before), he seemed pretty honest, trust me, I can spot a "lot shark." I will take your advise and at least give him and his team a chance........ it shouldn't take more than 45 minutes to set-up my deal. I have no love for the back end, gap insurance is all you need, everything else is useless imo.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:18 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by dtrain619
Originally Posted by moore
I talked with a Filipino gent named Sal when I popped in there a week or two ago, he was pretty cool too, he drives rs1.0 tc, he told me they didn't have any in stock, but we could order one the way we wanted it and it would arrive in about two weeks. He didn't try to "upsell" me ( I didn't tell him I did internet auto sales before), he seemed pretty honest, trust me, I can spot a "lot shark." I will take your advise and at least give him and his team a chance........ it shouldn't take more than 45 minutes to set-up my deal. I have no love for the back end, gap insurance is all you need, everything else is useless imo.
I didn't meet Sal, but I hope he's as great as the other guys. This was my first car buying experience on my own, and it was great. There was NO pressure to add extra stuff, ZERO. When I ordered my car, I got it completely stock, and they didn't try to push any add-ons. When I did the paperwork, I got what I wanted and nothing more, there was no pressure for GAP, undercoating, and all that other random stuff they try to add-on. It felt like I was just hanging out with a friend going over the paperwork, and not being pressured by some random shark. I know I won't shut up about these guys, but it honestly was a great experience and completely different than what I was expecting (based on the general reputation of car buying and dealerships).

-jm
Old 11-14-2005, 03:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Wayne and Rich are awesome. Wayne sold me my xA last year and I had the same experience... had my mother there to help me... I was green when it came to buying a new car...Since then I have dealt with there Service and Parts teams and they both rawk. I really only take my car to the guys up @ KM... maybe that's why they are on my speed dial.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Okay you know what you all suck cause you guys all had somewhat good luck when buying your first car and going there by yourself and i didnt! maybe they just saw me coming and usually im really good at negotiating but this time i was like a fish downstream. it sucked! I STILL DONT HAVE REGISTRATION AND IVE HAD MY CAR FOR 3 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-07-2005, 07:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Thanks guys for all the props. I never saw this thread before today and it was nice to see those nice comments, they really made my day!

I'm bummed to hear El Cajon flipped the other way, that's really too bad. Frank Marquez kind of took over for me after I left and he's a great guy, but he's not 100% focused on Scion like I was. He has a strong focus on the Fleet and Internet Toyota sales.

El Cajon service guys were always pretty cool, I recommend going to see Simo, that guy is AWESOME. Ruben in parts, and the parts manager Todd are great guys too. Tell them I say hi if any of you go see them.

Wayne and Rich from KM seem to be solid guys. I've spoken to them over the phone and corresponded with them through scionlife, but never had the pleasure of meeting them in person. Their customers only have positive things to say about them though.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz

Scionetics
SL Member
Scinergy

i take it you are drew?? i met frank. i won my b+g springs from him in a raffle at one of their events. he was supposed to set up another event and contact me so that i could get my crew to show up but they never set anything up... oh well!

i just talked to simo and todd a couple weeks ago when i went in there for an oil change. whenever i am there waiting for something i usually just hang out and talk to todd. i have to go in there soon for the wind deflector recall so i will try to remember to tell todd and simo you said hi. i have never met ruben... i dont think anyway.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Yup, I'm Drew. That's cool that you won some springs, I heard about that event. I guess they even raffled off our old show car.

Yeah, Todd was one of my favorite guys at the dealership. He and the parts guys helped me with Scion a lot in terms of going to events and putting that demo car together.

Ruben is the dude usually working the parts counter. He's there pretty much every day but Saturday, a funny guy.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah I just now had to stop going to Toyota of El Cajon cause i started to feel uncomfortable with some of the guys. I really like the way the service dept. treats you though but I wasnt down with dealing with the little girls and there attitudes. Does everyone think it would be too extreme to contact there human relations?! Or should i just leave it alone?

Quick Reply: Scion/Toyota of El Cajon