Notices
Regional - Pacific South CA, NV

Scion/Toyota of El Cajon

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 05:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You should contact HR imo, maybe even the GM. You may get something out of it, depends on whether they value you as a customer or not. Maybe you should even ask them that!!
Old 12-12-2005, 02:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

The GM is named Gary Kaminsky, he's really a nice guy. Who are the people at the dealership giving you problems though? If it's sales guys they'll probably direct you to Harold Deem, the GSM, also a pretty nice guy. They used to have a lady there named Mary Patton who handled customer complaints and who was really really cool but she left about the same time I did. I couldn't imagine them not having a new CSR though. That may be the first person to go to.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DibujoB
The GM is named Gary Kaminsky, he's really a nice guy. Who are the people at the dealership giving you problems though? If it's sales guys they'll probably direct you to Harold Deem, the GSM, also a pretty nice guy. They used to have a lady there named Mary Patton who handled customer complaints and who was really really cool but she left about the same time I did. I couldn't imagine them not having a new CSR though. That may be the first person to go to.
No its not the sales dept that i have problems with its all the girls in the service and parts department. One of the girls was flat out talking ____ to me in front of my face in another language thinking i didnt understand. it was pretty crude. I dont really want to complain because Ruben never makes me pay cost for any of my items but I just cant go tthere n e more. I mean i take my car in alot for mods and such and cause ive had a few problems but i feel like everytime i take it there everyones like here comes that girl who always comes in. And i dont want to feel uncomfortable anymore. Im running out of dealerships! THe new HR is Michelle Shumaker. IM a little bit too scared to contact her.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You can find another service department if you have to, but as far as going there for your mods........ you can save money by hooking up with some of us SD peeps. We are always up for an install party!! You can always check us out (SE SD) at Fusion Cafe on Clairemont Mesa Blvd on Saturday nights around 6pm. We've got a few tC's in our chapter, check for meetings in the Pacific south section, or log on to scionevolution.com for more info. Or you can also check with SoCal tC's, not sure if they have a site, but I know they're here on SL. and they have a local chapter.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz

Scionetics
SL Member
Scinergy

yes we do have a site. check my signature :D socal-tc-club.com

socal tc's representin deygo.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cool sounds good. No its not the install i dont pay cost for its the expensive parts that i get really cheap and cheap isnt a thing to pass up ya know what i mean. but hell if you guys are good at instalations i might as well pay u guys!
Old 12-13-2005, 09:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Originally Posted by moore
Originally Posted by dtrain619
Originally Posted by moore
GO TO KEARNY MESA SCION and save yourself the trouble.
I talked with a Filipino gent named Sal when I popped in there a week or two ago, he was pretty cool too, he drives rs1.0 tc, he told me they didn't have any in stock, but we could order one the way we wanted it and it would arrive in about two weeks. He didn't try to "upsell" me ( I didn't tell him I did internet auto sales before), he seemed pretty honest, trust me, I can spot a "lot shark." I will take your advise and at least give him and his team a chance........ it shouldn't take more than 45 minutes to set-up my deal. I have no love for the back end, gap insurance is all you need, everything else is useless imo.
I didn't meet Sal, but I hope he's as great as the other guys. This was my first car buying experience on my own, and it was great. There was NO pressure to add extra stuff, ZERO. When I ordered my car, I got it completely stock, and they didn't try to push any add-ons. When I did the paperwork, I got what I wanted and nothing more, there was no pressure for GAP, undercoating, and all that other random stuff they try to add-on. It felt like I was just hanging out with a friend going over the paperwork, and not being pressured by some random shark. I know I won't shut up about these guys, but it honestly was a great experience and completely different than what I was expecting (based on the general reputation of car buying and dealerships).

-jm
Everything you're hearing about KM is true. They are simply the best Scion dealers. I bought my tC there in mid-Nov. I've spoken to Rich also. But Sal, or Buddy as he calls himself, was who i dealt with. Nice guy. If I didn't understand anything, he clearly explained it to me (First-time buyer =] ) He made it as easy for a 19-yr-old as he could. Also, my car was COMPLETELY STOCK. Well, other than the alarm and the floor mats, but he had them take the alram off and i kept the mats (i was going to get them anyway). To this day, my car is still stock except for the tint. But not for long because I'm getting my spoiler installed this week and my ground effects kit some time between this week and next. Congrats on everyone's cars. And to those who haven't bought them, good luck.

GO TO KEARNY MESA SCION. YOU WON'T REGRET IT. =)