Notices
Regional - Pacific South CA, NV

Scion United Poster Cars

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 12:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Same here nick.......That was freakin awesome!! Scion Rawks!
Old 08-01-2008, 04:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by dp-_-
who cares about being in a commercial...i'll let them take my car again for a free butt weekend in vegas again anyday... ANY FREAKIN DAY
x2
Old 08-01-2008, 10:24 AM
SL Member

its like a honor to be on that poster haha
Old 08-01-2008, 04:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm INCREDIBLY disappointed to see that they photoshopped my sponsor logos when I provided release forms for every single one.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Look on the bright side, at least your car is up there. Many people didnt make it and would love to have their car on there, regardless if they had things taken off.
Old 08-02-2008, 05:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Any one save the pics when the scion united website started where they were setting the cars up?
Old 08-02-2008, 05:34 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

hmmm.. i wish i could've gone..

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh... ARGH.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kiss_kiss_kill
I'm INCREDIBLY disappointed to see that they photoshopped my sponsor logos when I provided release forms for every single one.
It's ok girl....you're on the poster!!!!!
Old 08-05-2008, 09:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

I just want to add my comments on this situation. I actually was invited as well but had a family vacation that was planned out. Sure im bummed i couldnt make it out there. But hey what can you do. It just amazes me on how many people i read are so incredibly disappointed or angry that certain things didn't happen. Comon guys Scion made this event happen. Do you think Scion could make every owner happy in THEIR marketing plan. I was just honored to be invited, even though i didn't go. You have to remember too how many other manufactures do anything like this for the owners. I am thankful that Scion has supported all of the owners for so many years.

Look up north here we aren't going to have a Scion Night, also there might not be much events up north here anytime soon. Just from what I have heard.

Just a few thoughts i would throw in their.

Congrats to all that made the commercial and the print ads.
Also congrats to all the owners that got invited.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Did I say I didn't enjoy myself and wasn't honored that I was invited? I feel I have a right to be upset. I took the time to contact every sponsor directly to get a release form signed, some I mailed out, and waited for a return. The fact that I went and did that and told them about the event and what was going on is somewhat of an obligation to a certain extent on my part. I did what Scion asked, but they went against what they said they would do as well. M2-Motoring, Coastline Concepts, Memphis Car Audio, and VIP Modular Wheels all gave me release forms and expected their logos on the car, when/if they see this, how does that make me look in the eyes of the sponsor when they did their part, too?
Old 08-06-2008, 05:17 PM
Banned for NON PAYMENT

Our is
Old 08-06-2008, 05:21 PM
Banned for NON PAYMENT

Default Our TC

Originally Posted by M1_AutoSport
Our is

I kinda have to agree w her , We had a blast , but I did the same ...

I have to contact all our sponsors, If you know the car that is ,like 20 or more a lot of work.........

Oh Well we had fun and you can clearly see our Yellow TC in camercial

Thx

Aj
Old 08-06-2008, 05:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I understand your POV's but hey your car still got used and it clearly stands out with or without stickers (not sure why some cars sponsors were left on though hmmmmmmm). I had gone through some issues with getting clearance on stuff, having my car damaged at the event and my car isn't in any ad's BUT I'm not complaining. Maybe the SF company that did all this is hating on my Dodger xB Either way, it was still aworth while trip and something none, if any, other car companies do for their customers who spend a lot of time and money fixing up the cars.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

This is how i see it. I personally signed many many release forms for our logos....I didn't see one in the commercial, or in print ad's....Is Weapon-R disappointed. No were not!
I even had my releases done too. Just to cover my car if i chose to have someone else bring it out there for me. I eventually didnt have the car brought out there while i was on vacation.
We know how it is and its the luck of the draw to have a logo show on a commercial or a print ad. Some cars didn't even make the print ads and the commercials. Well being sponsored is a lot of work! We both know it as in sponsoring and being sponsored. We have double duty. You accept that responsibility at the time you accept the sponsorship.
Doing all the work to obtain releases is work. But thats a responsibility of being sponsored, even if Scion doesn't use the vehicle with the logos or not.

Against what Scion said they would do?
I am one of the eyes of a sponsor! 99% of sponsors understand how marketing works and i am pretty sure aren't disappointed. Some are very happy about what love was given from a couple cars though.

Once again hats off to Scion!
Old 08-07-2008, 04:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree with cee-dub.....I mean yeah bummer I dont see my xB in the ad's and just in the commercial and no stickers really show except Konig. I had a lot of papers to get signed to release the decals and they all did it for me. The sponsors that have responded after seeing the commercial didn't seem mad at all. They were happy to just see the car they sponsored in the commercial and it was only for less then 2 seconds that it was in the commercial.

I was just really happy to be able to have met new people and hung out with a lot of Scion owners. Scion paid a lot of money to put this event on for all of us and it was a blast. Thanks to Scion!!!
Old 08-07-2008, 05:15 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nyte_ryder
I agree with cee-dub.....I mean yeah bummer I dont see my xB in the ad's and just in the commercial and no stickers really show except Konig. I had a lot of papers to get signed to release the decals and they all did it for me. The sponsors that have responded after seeing the commercial didn't seem mad at all. They were happy to just see the car they sponsored in the commercial and it was only for less then 2 seconds that it was in the commercial.

I was just really happy to be able to have met new people and hung out with a lot of Scion owners. Scion paid a lot of money to put this event on for all of us and it was a blast. Thanks to Scion!!!
X10000000

It is petty to be upset that you had to fill out so many forms to get a free vaction to Vegas and have your car on a print ad. Who cares. Sponsers are still happy because you can see their product. Scion is amazing.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey everyone (Congrats to all whose cars made it!) -

I got some background info on the whole Logos and Sponsors not being used- Basically, Team Logos were erased because the idea was to show one Scion community, not teams within the community, so all team names were taken off the vehicles.
Also, for the sponsor release forms, once they were submitted, they were actually re-confirmed by the marketing company to confirm with the sponsors that it was ok to leave the logos on the vehicles. If there was any doubt what-so-ever (even the smallest amount of doubt), the logo was not used.

Hope that clears it up a bit, and I hope nobody lets that ruin the experience for them!
Old 08-08-2008, 07:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by IntegreS_350
Hey everyone (Congrats to all whose cars made it!) -

I got some background info on the whole Logos and Sponsors not being used- Basically, Team Logos were erased because the idea was to show one Scion community, not teams within the community, so all team names were taken off the vehicles.
Also, for the sponsor release forms, once they were submitted, they were actually re-confirmed by the marketing company to confirm with the sponsors that it was ok to leave the logos on the vehicles. If there was any doubt what-so-ever (even the smallest amount of doubt), the logo was not used.

Hope that clears it up a bit, and I hope nobody lets that ruin the experience for them!
I call bullhockey on that one. The only logos are my car are umm... mine, and they're photoshopped out of every pic. Which is a bummer, I would have liked the free advertising. But I ain't complainin'.

Oh, and to everybody else-- they're adding more solo cars on the website-- mine just made it into the tC section a few days ago. I know I made on print ad, I think I made the other, and my bro-in-law swears he saw my rims when he saw the commercial in the theater-- but I've only seen the lower-res online versions. Logos or not, she is pretty...

Old 08-08-2008, 07:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Mine was added in the recent update as well! :D

My Volk and Rays decals were PS'd off as well. :?
Old 08-08-2008, 02:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I remembered reading somewhere, when we originally signed up, to have club logo's on in order to "rep". I think originally they wanted to do something with that but plans changed.

Quick Reply: Scion United Poster Cars