Notices
Regional - Pacific South CA, NV
View Poll Results: Which would you prefer?
Photoshoot meet only
34.43%
Cruise only
4.92%
Photoshoot AND cruise
60.66%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

SoCal tC Photoshoot - PICS PG 31

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 05:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Aurora
^^That's what I'm talking about...very high quality and detailed!^^

Originally Posted by bluaeon
i can do that as well... i have been doing video programming for 5 years and i only use premiere pro.

the only downside i see is that people have to bring vid cam and they have to send the file to the person whoever will do the video editing. please no p&s video cuz the quality sux. a hard drive vid cam is a must. or an HD cam would even be better. but if people are willing to bring vid cams, the better. i know i will bring both dslr and my vid cam.

which parking lot were you thinking about, Roja?

You and I need to team up on this then. Looks like we've been playing around with video editing for a while now then. Just remind me to post up my video to show you guys what I did a while back. Perhaps you can do the video editing and then send it to me for sound editing...I have sooo many trax I'm dying to mix up on throw to video.

I'll have to check what camera I have, but I don't have HD or a hard drive one...it predates those by about one year I think.

Anyone got mounts or tripods?
sounds good... and one advantage too is that my GF lives in bakersfield too. HAHA... i might have seen u guys had a meet last friday night at Ca ave and Stockdale. we passed by there at around 8pm when that cop pulled over some guy in the middle of the street..

i have 2 tripods... one stays in my car all the time and the other in my gf's car. i can always borrow her's.

that pic under the pasadena bridge looks good, but would it be able to accommodate more than 30 cars though? if it was just a few cars, maybe. oh, and good find on that thread roja. hahaha..
Old 02-13-2009, 07:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that bridge in pasadena is called suicide bridge because people commit suicide there. Not sure if you really want to take you car there and take pics, kinda creepy.

aside from that pasadena is pretty strict with photographers and street photography(so ive heaerd). It'll definately raise some questions from possibly city folk if they see a bunch of people with dslrs taking photos on tripods and such.

Make sure you dont get fined and so on.

there's all this about filming permits and such, some people may think its a commercial shoot, so you have to keep that in mind.

I think usually if its on public property and its only one guy walking around, its easy to assume its non-commercial, however if there are multiple people with tripods and other mounting equipment, not too sure about that. But it will most likely raise some questions.

just something to keep in mind when picking a location.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bluaeon
sounds good... and one advantage too is that my GF lives in bakersfield too. HAHA... i might have seen u guys had a meet last friday night at Ca ave and Stockdale. we passed by there at around 8pm when that cop pulled over some guy in the middle of the street..

i have 2 tripods... one stays in my car all the time and the other in my gf's car. i can always borrow her's.

that pic under the pasadena bridge looks good, but would it be able to accommodate more than 30 cars though? if it was just a few cars, maybe. oh, and good find on that thread roja. hahaha..

Awesome, yeah we were kicking it at the corner of CA and Stockdale. You should have stopped by and said sup! Its funny too, cuz after that cop got done with that guy, he rolled through slowly by our rides, lol.

Yeah, I'd grap your GF's tripod for sure. We can never have too much stuff. Oh, and here is the link to the video I did about two years ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du1V9Gxj7AE

Its a bit old, but still was a sick show. Lemme know your thoughts though, I'm sure between the both of us, we can make a really sick video of this whole thing.

Originally Posted by RnB180
I think usually if its on public property and its only one guy walking around, its easy to assume its non-commercial, however if there are multiple people with tripods and other mounting equipment, not too sure about that. But it will most likely raise some questions.
Naw, we'll be fine. Even if they did think we were shooting a commercial, we're within our complete legal rights to make our on video's for our own enjoyment. Now if we are stopping traffic to get that perfect angle, then we may have problems.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha... yeah i shouldve stopped by, but we were both hungry and the food was kind of stinking up her car inside. as for the tripod, i will grab it from her car definitely once its close to the meet. also, i have a in-car camcorder holder that you put in between the headrest and the seat, but i dont know where it went. i might need to find that quick or i can just make another one. i made it with acrylic. although the one i made was not as stable, so i might just go ahead and make another.
as for the video, what editing software did you use? it looks good so far.

you know what we need? we need a 2 way radio so that we can keep in touch with everyone. just a cheap 2 mile 2 way radio will do.
Old 02-15-2009, 02:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So, when you go to the photoshoot, will you be rolling through Bakersfield? If so, we could hit the road together since I'm leaving from here. If you make this in-car camcorder holder, could you make one for me as well? That'd be pretty awesome to have. When I shot the video I posted up earlier, it was a tripod that was set up with one leg in the center concol cup holder, and the other to resting on the back seats. Interested to do, but pretty easy. It wasn't stable at all cuz if you hit the gas, it'd fall backwards, lmao.

editing software was windows movie maker actually. Rather crude, but it got the job done. I did multiple files and them merged them all in the end.

You should go get a 2 way for sure! My crew runs like that. I have one in my car that goes about 10 miles I think, but they do work best when you're within eye contact. Plus 2 ways are better than running up your min's on the cell.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

BUMP
Old 02-20-2009, 04:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Any updates?
Old 02-21-2009, 03:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I drove the PCH today for the first time. Sooooo nice. I saw so many large parking lots too. I'm sad because it's perfect, but it costs money to get in.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

burb-ank
Old 02-21-2009, 04:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol
Old 02-21-2009, 04:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

*cough* I think we found our meeting place.

http://www.myg37.com/forums/southern...e-burbank.html

Meet there, do our shoot, then have lunch at Big Boy's burgers. Sound good with everyone?
Old 02-21-2009, 04:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

perfect
Old 02-21-2009, 04:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

works for me!
Old 02-21-2009, 04:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Actually, I just googled the location and there's a Chevy's, In N Out, and CA Pizza Kitchen right across the street from the garage, so we may not need to drive to Big Boy's.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Now before this is set in stone, is there any way we can get permission from the owners of the parking structure? We don't want this to turn into the Presidents day Lexus Meet (Shut down by 5.0). If Lexus' can get shut down by cops, think about what they would do to the 2nd most ticketed car in the nation...just food for thought
Old 02-21-2009, 04:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's public property, no? I'm under the impression that cops can't ticket on public property. But sure, I'll call Burbank PD tomorrow and find out.

EDIT: Just sent the City of Burbank an email asking for contact info on who owns the parking structure.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ummm anyone got a time?
Old 02-21-2009, 07:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the thing is, mid day always gives crappy shots
Old 02-21-2009, 07:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Exactly. It all depends on how early would people be willing to come out. LOL I'm planning on being there around 8-8:30.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ro_Ja
Exactly. It all depends on how early would people be willing to come out. LOL I'm planning on being there around 8-8:30.
I always wake up at around 6ish, so I could be there at 7, if needed lol

off topic but the burbank mall sucks *****! lol (glendale galleria FTW )

Quick Reply: SoCal tC Photoshoot - PICS PG 31