Notices
Regional - Pacific South CA, NV
View Poll Results: How Many Games Will The Lakers Last?
Suns in a SWEEP!!! (4 Games)
13.95%
Suns in 5 Games
11.63%
Suns in 6 Games
11.63%
Lakers take them the distance! (But lose in 7 Games)
9.30%
Uh, excuse me? I think the Lakers can win this thing!
53.49%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Suns in 5 Games!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 06:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by fastandcurious
it doesn't matter if Diaw called a timeout or not. He could have written "timeout" on posterboard and it still wouldn't matter. walton had his arms wrapped around the ball. THAT's why the refs couldn't call it. read the rules.
You're right. If the call for the timeout came after Walton got his arms around the ball, then no timeout.

Just seemed like too much for the ref to do. Missing the mugging in front of him, not hearing the time-out being called, then finally calling for a jump when one of the two Lakers on Nash get their hands on the ball.

Anyway... that call is water under the bridge and fuel for the fire that's coming back to LA for GAME 6. What a series!!!
Old 05-03-2006, 06:48 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bryoninscion
Originally Posted by LA-tC
oh dont ya worry, Mr BELL will be fined BIG $$ and will be suspeneded for at least ONE game FO SURE. Just wait for tomorrow news.
Why? Cuz he clotheslined princess Kobe. It's no different than any other play that's been oing on this series, Quit being a primadonna.
JUST WATCH ,and u can do NOTHING about it -- HE WILL BE SUSPENDED. HE was ejected directly after that play. it wasnt even a second technical, that was a completely mothafucckin ___ unsportsmanship act !
And yes KOBE is in another level im so sorry. Thats why nobody ever talk about your Raja, in fact, Raja is not even in BRUCE BOWEN LEVEL as a defender of KOBE

WE WILL FINISH YALL SUCKERS IN OUR L.A.

Also r they still playing baseball ???? hahahaaaa sorry i never watch that sport.
Only NFL and NBA
Old 05-03-2006, 06:57 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bbcrud
oh dont ya worry, Mr BELL will be fined BIG $$ and will be suspeneded for at least ONE game FO SURE. Just wait for tomorrow news.
If they suspend him then the series IS fixed. Walton should have been suspended when he F2'd our guy while he was airborn and the series has been physical. If the NBA decides to grow a backbone at this point of the Play-offs and sit Raja down then it just fuels the feelings that TV does control the league.

If Kobe was playing clean ball, not throwing the elbows, Raja would have cushioned the fall for him. But, Kobe being Kobe, it's not good enough that he has all that talent, he has to get in his cheap-shots too. (Then quit when he knows they've lost) I think Kobe is smart enough not to come out with an attitude in game 6. Don't know about their newest sex-offender though, he seemed to be getting frustrated. Will be calm down Thursday?

I think the Lakers are going to either crush us or lose a close one in LA. If the Suns win, look out, it'll be 1993 again.
Raja's one is the most ridiculous in the whole series. And if that makes you feel BETTER , then keep thinking that way, LAKERS win cuz NBA IS FIXED

RAJA HAS BECOME THE BIGGEST FLOPPER IN THE WHOLE LEAUGE
He wins the OSCAR fro Manu Ginobili

ROFLMAOOOOO ALSO GG FOR YOUR LAME EXCUSE
Old 05-03-2006, 07:00 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Shocker

i guess not too many people saw the image that surfaced from abc.. it was on page 2 in the sports section of the az republilc... first luke fouls nash then the picture shows lukes hand on the ball with his left foot out of bounds and two refs staring at his foot... read the rules
I'm trying to find the pic on the net. Can't find it. Do you have a link. I wanna see it.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by bryoninscion
Why? Cuz he clotheslined princess Kobe. It's no different than any other play that's been oing on this series, Quit being a primadonna.
JUST WATCH ,and u can do NOTHING about it -- HE WILL BE SUSPENDED. HE was ejected directly after that play. it wasnt even a second technical, that was a completely mothafucckin ___ unsportsmanship act !
And yes KOBE is in another level im so sorry. Thats why nobody ever talk about your Raja, in fact, Raja is not even in BRUCE BOWEN LEVEL as a defender of KOBE

WE WILL FINISH YALL SUCKERS IN OUR L.A.

Also r they still playing baseball ???? hahahaaaa sorry i never watch that sport.
Only NFL and NBA
Unsportsmanship? Like Kobe's elbows?
Old 05-03-2006, 07:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Basedan10

i guess not too many people saw the image that surfaced from abc.. it was on page 2 in the sports section of the az republilc... first luke fouls nash then the picture shows lukes hand on the ball with his left foot out of bounds and two refs staring at his foot... read the rules
I'm trying to find the pic on the net. Can't find it. Do you have a link. I wanna see it.
^^^ Me too.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well. The lakers got served. The Phoenix Suns outside game was pretty much perfect. Anyways, whats with all of the cry babies on the board about this elbow stuff with Kobe and Nash getting mugged. Kobe does throw a few elbows here and there but Raja is a drama queen. Kobe doesn't throw those elbows with much force and if he was looking to injure someone he'd go straight to the face with his elbow and lay em out. Raja's sole intent was to hurt kobe and put him the ground and that was evident. The play against Nash in game 4...it looked like a mugging didn't it? But you don't see much of a foul on the lakers end and if there was a slight body push from the lakers, the refs aren't gonna let a minor shove decide the game in the last 6 seconds because really it's about who has the cajones to win under such conditions. Nash might have called a timeout verbally but it was nuts in the arena, the ref may not have heard it, plus the lakers were on that ball like bears on honey. Like i said before, you can't call a damn time out when both teams have their hands on the ball therefore no one has possession. And bryoninscion, i think you have the whole primadonna stuff all mixed up. No one here has really been whining about the officiating toward the lakers when there have been many questionable no calls as opposed to how many people on here have been crying about the officiating towards the suns. The officials have not determined any of the games in this series and i'm sure none of you know how hard it is to officiate a game, let alone a playoff series. So how about quit complaining about the calls, sit back and watch the better team win(lakers or suns). End of discussion.

On another note, Lakers gotta step it up at home, if not, then I fear for the worst. Go Lakers!
Old 05-03-2006, 03:13 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Only NFL and NBA
Come talk to me when you've become a well-rounded sport's man.
Old 05-03-2006, 03:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by bbcrud

^^^ Me too.
Can't find the picture but I found this on ESPNs site (Owned by ABC):

You can understand, though, why the Suns are nervous. They remain convinced that they've been dealt several scroogies in this series, most notably the midcourt tie-up in overtime of Game 4 from which replays suggest that (A) Steve Nash was fouled before a jump ball was forced; (B) Boris Diaw should have been granted the timeout he was screaming for just a few feet away from Nash and referee Bennett Salvatore and (C) Luke Walton's foot was out of bounds when he tied Nash up. But they also know how vicious Bell's hit looks when you watch that replay.

Which is why Bell, in another unusual response to such situations, showed up unannounced to the interview room here to take a turn on the dais, too.

To apologize.

"It was a bad play on my part," Bell said. "I overreacted. . . . It's been a pretty physical series and at that point in time I had caught another elbow in my jaw. I lost my head and overreacted to it. I can't really blame anybody for what happened."

Said Nash: "Everyone on television [Charles Barkley, namely] asks for more physicality and all the critics say we aren't tough enough, and then push comes to shove and now you want to say [Bell's hit] is disrespectful to the game. . . . It's a very fine line and I think a lot of guys make plays they regret.

"In this series, we haven't had many calls go our way," Nash continued. ". . . Kwame Brown elbowing Raja or standing over Boris or Kobe pushing Boris into Smush Parker . . . I don't understand what the real difference is in all these plays. But they're going to single out this play because it's against Kobe, and that's just a real shame."
Here's the entire article: Bell's toll could be suspension
Old 05-03-2006, 03:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this series definately have given everybody their money's worth...and this series have shown a lot of questionable calls that can turn any game around...what's funny is, Stern recently gave an interview to ESPN.com and admits that the refs miss "5% of calls"...but don't you think the 5% calls missed are the important ones?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...ory?id=2430769

and you're right Basedan, Barbosa ain't no Raja and in no way can get into the head of Kobe like Raja does...so how the Lakers approach that i think will be the key to both teams...the question will arise again: will Kobe be tempted to be the old Kobe or stay with the Zen Master's plan?

and as Nash put it...every critic (mostly the old school ballers) say the playoffs are supposed to be physical and the refs should let players be a bit physical...but to what extent?...we've clearly seen it in this series where someone (Raja) ends up getting pushed to the edge...the NBA definately needs to look into how games (especially key playoff games) are approached and called

JC
Old 05-03-2006, 03:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by FNslow
Anyways, whats with all of the cry babies on the board about this elbow stuff with Kobe and Nash getting mugged. Kobe does throw a few elbows here and there but Raja is a drama queen. Kobe doesn't throw those elbows with much force and if he was looking to injure someone he'd go straight to the face with his elbow and lay em out. Raja's sole intent was to hurt kobe and put him the ground and that was evident.
The elbow Kobe threw was toward Raja's head and it connected. No call.

Looking at the photos of Kobe breaking his fall with one hand while trying to hold the ball with the other, while Raja stands by (instead of taking Kobe to the floor) tells me it was to send a message and not to hurt. Raja had him dead-on and could have slammed Kobe on his back had he wanted too. He just stopped him (hard) then dropped him. If the NBA suspends Raja, so be it, but they should call a tight-a$$ game on Kobe and his elbows in #6 just to be fair.

Originally Posted by FNslow
The play against Nash in game 4...it looked like a mugging didn't it? But you don't see much of a foul on the lakers end and if there was a slight body push from the lakers, the refs aren't gonna let a minor shove decide the game in the last 6 seconds because really it's about who has the cajones to win under such conditions.
Read my other post and the article on ESPN. Seems there was more to the Nash mugging than just appearances. That game was basically won by the Suns and it evidently took THREE mistakes by the officials to hand it over to the Lakers.

If Jackson and Kobe mean what they say about wanting Raja in the game for game 6 and the NBA suspends Raja I think, being men of ethics and having a sense of fair play, the Lakers should voluntarily sit Kobe for the game too. Okay, that's reaching!
Old 05-03-2006, 05:09 PM
5 Year Member

So maybe Nash was fouled, maybe diaw did call a timeout, and maybe Waltons foot was out bounds. But when you are ref'ing a game like that its hard because everything is going so fast. It easy to criticize the Referee after the game when you get all these replays and stuff. But I but you 10 to 1 that you didn't know that Walton's foot was outbounds, or Diaw was calling a timeout. YOu were caught up in the moment. And So were the refs.
Unless the implement some review thing like football (GOd i hope they don't) there are going to be missed calls like that. Its always easy to criticize, after the game than during the game.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

So maybe Nash was fouled, maybe diaw did call a timeout, and maybe Waltons foot was out bounds. But when you are ref'ing a game like that its hard because everything is going so fast. It easy to criticize the Referee after the game when you get all these replays and stuff. But I but you 10 to 1 that you didn't know that Walton's foot was outbounds, or Diaw was calling a timeout. YOu were caught up in the moment. And So were the refs.
Unless the implement some review thing like football (GOd i hope they don't) there are going to be missed calls like that. Its always easy to criticize, after the game than during the game.
I agree with you. No one knew about Walton's foot until replays were seen. But... for the other two calls to be missed when the ref was looking right at the play with the players standing not running.

LOOKING RIGHT AT THE PLAY AND ALL HE SEES IS A JUMP BALL? Please.

It's his job NOT to get caught up in the moment. It's his job to LISTEN for timeouts being called and to WATCH for fouls being committed and to PAY ATTENTION to the sidelines when the play goes near them. He managed to fail on three counts even when announcers, further away from the play and closer to the crowd, heard the timeout call and saw the foul being committed. It should gripe every fan that the refs decided the game. Sure Kobe hit a great shot; but Nash should have been at the line or the Suns should have had the ball out. Either way, the Suns win.

The ref should NEVER get caught up in the play. This is the play-offs and they're supposed to elevate their game as well.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:55 PM
Banned
SL Member

LAKERS WILL WIN IN 6...KOBE is gonna drop 50 points on em
Old 05-03-2006, 06:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by VDUBER-XB
If Kobe scores more than 35 the Lakers may lose. It might mean he's trying to take over the game. If he does that then the rest of the team is less involved. If the rest of the team is less involved the Suns will force a seventh game back here in Phoenix.

Besides, Diaw, Marion and Nash are starting to click again.

Let Eddie House play him. He needs some minutes anyway and his three ball would add more pressure to the Lakers.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by VDUBER-XB
that would be great if he drops 50, as Mark said, the Suns most likely will win if he does score that much cause the other Lakers won't play any role

Game 6 will be another physical game...look for the Suns to be more physical and as with the Lakers...i also think the refs will call a couple technicals in tomorrow's game

JC
Old 05-03-2006, 08:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

If Kobe should be considered the MVP he'll keep his game in check and the Lakers will be in it.

If he doesn't:

Suns 122 Lakers 112
Suns 106 Lakers 93
Suns 107 Lakers 96

Games where Kobe did his thing and Nash played in the game this year.

I think Kobe's probably learned how to play team ball by now so I don't expect him to relapse into his old ways. I think he's got a lot more confidence and faith in his team mates.

But... if they come out slow and turn the ball over again.

Look for the Suns to take it to the hoop with Barbosa, House and the starters. Let's get some early fouls on Kobe's little helpers.

Also... will the LA media leave Kwame alone to play? Will the police interview him? That whole thing sucks. If he did it he'll have to ask Kobe for advice and a pay-off recommendations. If he didn't do it is he mature enough to shrug it off?
Old 05-03-2006, 08:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

The Lakers, as of today, have more votes to win the series than the Suns.

They're up by 1
Old 05-03-2006, 09:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well, word is in...Raja is out of Game 6...which means Leandro is gonna be on Kobe tomorrow...we'll see if Leandro learned anything in guarding Bryant from the last game against the Lakers in the regular season

now the question of how the Lakers will approach this is up again...the leash is off Kobe now that Raja's out...as a Phoenix fan i hope he switches back to the old Kobe and keep the other Laker role players out of the game...Phoenix will be playing at a hellish atmosphere tomorrow, but not as bad (i think) if Raja is actually playing tomorrow

JC
Old 05-03-2006, 09:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

one more thing too as i posted earlier, the refs are gonna have to call this game tightly (bad news for the Suns)...but i think it wouldn't have had resulted to this if they hadn't missed "5% of calls" in this series

JC

Quick Reply: Suns in 5 Games!!