Notices
Regional - Pacific South CA, NV
View Poll Results: How Many Games Will The Lakers Last?
Suns in a SWEEP!!! (4 Games)
13.95%
Suns in 5 Games
11.63%
Suns in 6 Games
11.63%
Lakers take them the distance! (But lose in 7 Games)
9.30%
Uh, excuse me? I think the Lakers can win this thing!
53.49%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Suns in 5 Games!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 05:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

god..i have a headache from all the yellin

GAME 7!!!

JC
Old 05-05-2006, 05:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Basedan10
I have to say. Whoever first said that if Kobe scores 50 points the Lakers lose was dead on the money.

but still, that was a thriller

JC
Old 05-05-2006, 05:47 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

IF it wasnt TIM THOMAS ...................................

IM CRYING
Old 05-05-2006, 05:48 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by LA-tC
IF it wasnt TIM THOMAS ...................................

IM CRYING

LOL Yea Tim Thomas has been clutch with his freaking 3's. I hate it. It seems like he never misses.
Old 05-05-2006, 05:51 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Kobe did his best but it was 2 late

plus freakin D George missed 2 of the 3 freethrows in the OT and Lakers lost from there
Old 05-05-2006, 05:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, if it wasn't for Tim they'd be packin' their bags...i like what Kenny the Jet Smith bout what Tim was thinkin' as he was takin the 3:

"..I'M NOT GOIN HOME!, I'M NOT GOIN HOME!!.."

JC
Old 05-05-2006, 05:54 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Kobe did his best but it was 2 late

plus freakin D George missed 2 of the 3 freethrows in the OT and Lakers lost from there
He had to fall some where...He's been money on 3's!
Old 05-05-2006, 05:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Saturday. 5:30PM. Gut-check time.

Raja returns.

Kobe steps it up.

This has been one helluva series. Either way, I'm almost sad to see it end. I feel like, if the Suns pull it out (and they will), we're going to back to square one with LA for the Clipper series.

What a game! What a game! What a game! What a game! What a game! What a game! What a game! What a game! What a game! What a game! What a game!

What a game!
Old 05-05-2006, 05:55 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

This game is crazy but so bad after these LAKERS vs SUNS series are done, we wont be seeing anything close to this .............................

jus imagine SPURS vs PISTONS again ..................................PLEASE NO
Old 05-05-2006, 05:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

This game is crazy but so bad after these LAKERS vs SUNS series are done, we wont be seeing anything close to this .............................

I keep hoping for Kurt to come back. A little more muscle in the middle wouldn't hurt us. First we got to get past L.A. though.

Dam. What a game!
Old 05-05-2006, 05:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so true man...i mean, those clubs are hella good...but man, it's hard to top this series...it feels like this is the Western Conf. Championship

JC
Old 05-05-2006, 06:00 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree this game/series is crazy! by far the best series ever! Now onto game 7 in phoenix! GO SUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-05-2006, 06:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Geeeze... I HAVE to sleep. No way will I be able to for a while and 5:30 comes early!!!

What an unbelievable finish. THis game topped the triple overtime game with the Bulls in the Finals in my book.

Now.... the return of Raja. Hopefully they'll just play ball now.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:15 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I can't sleep after what an incredible game that was also! I'm so anxious to see game 7 already. I have to thank Tim Thomas for an incredible shot. He is da game saver!
Old 05-05-2006, 06:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

I better try. Night all.

Wow. Thanks for a great series LA!
Old 05-05-2006, 06:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

tim thomas owed us that 3 ball after he missed 2 clutch shots before that
Old 05-05-2006, 12:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

GAAAHHH! HEART-BREAKER! That was a sweet game but geez, I don't understand why they didn't use Devean George more, he was money when he was actually given time to play. And Smush Parker annoyed me this game, making dumb plays and turnovers. Suns were on their A game again and that first quarter was scarying me. I gotta give it to them, they played well and Tim Thomas came in clutch. But something i do wanna say is that i'm disliking the suns more and more each time their character comes out and by that I mean, their sportsmanship. Tim Thomas when he drilled that 3 to take it to overtime, turned around into the Lakers bench and said or did something and then mocked Kobe's move by pulling his shirt. Kobe may be arrogant when it comes down to his game but he hasn't done anything in this series to deserve the kind of disrespect he's got from the suns. Just that whole Tim Thomas thing, what happened with Raja and when Nash talks to the media about kobe being very borderline with the things he says. The Suns def. seem to have a chip on their shoulder and this series may just be a birth of a rivalry like the lakers/kings a couple years back. Anyways, the momentum has definately turned AGAIN and the suns have to be the favorite for game 7. But I still wanna stay optimistic that the Lakers will pull through this. The suns can't keep playing this way consistently against a team like LA much longer. Game 7 may be the game they completely choke and the fire burns out. GREAT series. Either way this series turns out, it's be fun guys. Onto game 7!!
Old 05-05-2006, 02:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

damn, i guess there's might not be a hallway series in LA. Ah well off to AZ we (Clipps) go. Well IF it does happen, the Suns will be one of the few teams to come back 3 games down. WOW.... I want a hallway series damnit! Thats one of the best games I've seen, next to Jordans shot over Criag Eihlo back in the day.
Old 05-05-2006, 03:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn it!!!! oh well, game seven.
Old 05-05-2006, 04:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by FNslow
But something i do wanna say is that i'm disliking the suns more and more each time their character comes out and by that I mean, their sportsmanship. Tim Thomas when he drilled that 3 to take it to overtime, turned around into the Lakers bench and said or did something and then mocked Kobe's move by pulling his shirt. Kobe may be arrogant when it comes down to his game but he hasn't done anything in this series to deserve the kind of disrespect he's got from the suns. Just that whole Tim Thomas thing, what happened with Raja and when Nash talks to the media about kobe being very borderline with the things he says. The Suns def. seem to have a chip on their shoulder and this series may just be a birth of a rivalry like the lakers/kings a couple years back. Anyways, the momentum has definately turned AGAIN and the suns have to be the favorite for game 7.
Kobe's an angel, we know.

As for Tim Thomas saying something to the Laker's bench it was probably just a response to something they said first. Probably taking their queues from Jackson, trying to play the head games. Thomas in not a garbage talker, that's a Laker's thing, the Suns were just answering them.

It has been an amazing series, thanks to the Lakers playing way above their season norm. I credit that to Phil Jackson. I've never been impressed with anything he's done but I do think he's managed Kobe well. Will Kobe believe in him next year if they don't win this series or, will he go back to "my ball" because that's his true self?

I hope game 7 is a fitting finish to the series. Nail-biting, edge sitting, jumping for joy basketball with the Suns winning another well-played game.

But, I think, the Lakers know it's over for them. If the Suns come out hot in Phoenix and jump out the Lakers will not have the energy, or faith, to come back again. The magic left them at the end of game 6.

We'll see though. Won't we?

Remember: Phil Jackson has NEVER won a series where his team came in as the underdog.

Remember: The last time the Suns played/faced three elimination games against the Lakers they won the series and ened up in the Finals.

Remember: Raja is back for #7 and that might just be too much for Kobe to deal with if the pressure is on. Personally, I hope he drops 50 on the Suns.

Quick Reply: Suns in 5 Games!!