Notices
Regional - Pacific South CA, NV
View Poll Results: How Many Games Will The Lakers Last?
Suns in a SWEEP!!! (4 Games)
13.95%
Suns in 5 Games
11.63%
Suns in 6 Games
11.63%
Lakers take them the distance! (But lose in 7 Games)
9.30%
Uh, excuse me? I think the Lakers can win this thing!
53.49%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Suns in 5 Games!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 10:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What happened to the Matrix? I think he got lost in it. Lamar by far is outplaying him. With the suns if you make Nash a scorer they will lose. Since he is not creating any easy shots for his team. You know it's sad when KWAME is beasting the little suns in the post. HAHA!
Old 04-27-2006, 10:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Matrix is spending too much energy on Lamar, too tired to score...IMO
Old 04-27-2006, 11:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by fastandcurious
Originally Posted by bbcrud
Good job Lakers. If the Suns keep playing like crap you might even win a second game!
haha!! you're so funny! you're talking like nash. what you mean is, good job suns. you thought you had it easy like your first 3 games against the lakers.

you must have watched too many interviews when the sun's players *cough* nash *cough* and coaching staff insinuate to the media that the lakers only won because the suns were not playing "their game", etc etc. the reason they're not playing their style of game is because the lakers are outplaying them and dominating them. the lakers' defense is tougher and is forcing them to take bad shots. i'm sorry nash, but it's not a coincidence. the lakers are making you guys SUCK!
This is the first time the Laker have beaten Nash as a Sun when he played. I think the Lakers got an awesome performance from Odom and the rest of the supporting cast but... if that was their norm, they're the team that would have won the division.

Let's not get all excited by one off-game by the Suns (caused by the Lakers and crappy shot selection) and wait to see what happens Friday night.

Just wasn't the Suns night. That's all it was, plain and simple. I'm still down for a 5-game series and a Suns win.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Good job Lakers. If the Suns keep playing like crap you might even win a second game!
haha!! you're so funny! you're talking like nash. what you mean is, good job suns. you thought you had it easy like your first 3 games against the lakers.

you must have watched too many interviews when the sun's players *cough* nash *cough* and coaching staff insinuate to the media that the lakers only won because the suns were not playing "their game", etc etc. the reason they're not playing their style of game is because the lakers are outplaying them and dominating them. the lakers' defense is tougher and is forcing them to take bad shots. i'm sorry nash, but it's not a coincidence. the lakers are making you guys SUCK!
This is the first time the Laker have beaten Nash as a Sun when he played. I think the Lakers got an awesome performance from Odom and the rest of the supporting cast but... if that was their norm, they're the team that would have won the division.

Let's not get all excited by one off-game by the Suns (caused by the Lakers and crappy shot selection) and wait to see what happens Friday night.

Just wasn't the Suns night. That's all it was, plain and simple. I'm still down for a 5-game series and a Suns win.
i'm not a stats buff, but the lakers won something like 10 or 11 out of their last 14 games. they finished the season strong. many argue that they are just now playing their best basketball going into the playoffs. good thing it carried over. granted they didn't play like this when the season started, but if they had we definitely wouldn't be in seventh place. i guess in the end it all comes down to who makes it out of round 1, not what place you came in with. watch out suns!
Old 04-28-2006, 12:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The suns were just outplayed in game 2. No ifs ands or buts about it. When you lose one of two at home and are going to the oppositions arena for the next 2 games, there's no room for error anymore. Lakers are now easily playing their best ball in the last 2 years. I will say tho that Nash is a beast...but he got posterized by kobe...bad...Game 3 will probably be a nail biter and wouldn't doubt that it goes into OT. The lakers are indeed ready for the suns. Bring it.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:15 AM
5 Year Member

I think it will go to game 7 unfortanetly. I'm a big laker fan, but Nash is just to good. He makes things happen.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:31 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

ya nash is good cause he is rooster eyed he can see 2 directions at once. he is a fruity hippie long haired like a girl canadian hahaha. he doesn't even deserve mvp this year i think its either like wade, kobe, james or billups. he didn't even deserve it last year should've been Shaq.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:35 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by invascion
ya nash is good cause he is rooster eyed he can see 2 directions at once. he is a fruity hippie long haired like a girl canadian hahaha. he doesn't even deserve mvp this year i think its either like wade, kobe, james or billups. he didn't even deserve it last year should've been Shaq.

Rooster eyed???????

Anyways until Shaq starts making his free throws he'll have a hard time being a definate MVP. And correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't MVP mean Most Valuable Player. So that is supposed to mean that it goes to the person that contributes most to the team. Kobe is just a ball hog, nash can get 12 assists a game and still avg 20 points a game. Not to mention his shooting percentage is probably higher!
Old 04-28-2006, 03:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Basedan10

Rooster eyed???????

Anyways until Shaq starts making his free throws he'll have a hard time being a definate MVP. And correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't MVP mean Most Valuable Player. So that is supposed to mean that it goes to the person that contributes most to the team. Kobe is just a ball hog, nash can get 12 assists a game and still avg 20 points a game. Not to mention his shooting percentage is probably higher!
Kobe a ball hog? He does what he needs to do to win games. Last year and most of this year, he had a team that was worth jack. He would pass them the ball and they would do nothing. They would dribble around and run down the shot clock, then they would give him the ball and hope for a miracle. WTF? Remember that 81 point game? The lakers were losing that game. That's when he got ____ed and turned it on. If it wasn't for his one-man performance, the lakers probably would have lost that game. Talk about passion for the game. Nash would have thrown in the towel and gone back to america jr (anyone get the simpsons reference? ).

Take a look at the last two games. Kobe is doing what he's been trying to do all year long, pass the ball to his teammates. What's the difference? They're actually doing something with the ball!! They're finally playing! 20 points from Kobe against the Suns during the regular season would have been disastrous, now that's all he needs.

Amen.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Basedan10

Rooster eyed???????

Kobe a ball hog? He does what he needs to do to win games. Last year and most of this year, he had a team that was worth jack. He would pass them the ball and they would do nothing. They would dribble around and run down the shot clock, then they would give him the ball and hope for a miracle. WTF? Remember that 81 point game? The lakers were losing that game. That's when he got ____ed and turned it on. If it wasn't for his one-man performance, the lakers probably would have lost that game. Talk about passion for the game. Nash would have thrown in the towel and gone back to america jr (anyone get the simpsons reference? ).

Take a look at the last two games. Kobe is doing what he's been trying to do all year long, pass the ball to his teammates. What's the difference? They're actually doing something with the ball!! They're finally playing! 20 points from Kobe against the Suns during the regular season would have been disastrous, now that's all he needs.

Amen.

+1
Old 04-28-2006, 08:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Amen.
Just think if Kobe had been able to co-exist with Shaq.

Nash deserved the MVP last year and he deserves it again this year. The Suns were going to be a .500 team without Amare and Thomas. Look where they ended up.

Props to the Lakers for their finish this year, 11 of 14 to end the season, but they were basically already in the play-offs at that point. Win or stay home.

**This is turning into a good thread! Wish you guys were this interested in the Vegas Run.**
Old 04-28-2006, 08:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

Wish you guys were this interested in the Vegas Run.
I am interested but I would like to see a date before I say yes... :D
Old 04-29-2006, 12:16 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

game 3 tonight! SUNS need to play like how they usually play! run da floor guys. but we'll see.
Old 04-29-2006, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

I'm monitoring the game on sportsline and it looks like Steve's trying to get the team going before he does.

Hope to catch most of the second half at home.
Old 04-29-2006, 04:53 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

4th quarter 6 mins to go LAKERS leading !!
Old 04-29-2006, 05:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if Kobe keeps playing team ball like this, the lakers may pull it off:
  • Parker 18
  • Walton 17
  • Bryant 17
  • Odom 15
  • Brown 13
  • Cook 9
  • Vujacic 6
  • George 4
Old 04-29-2006, 06:04 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

dammit suns! what's going on here.........
Old 04-29-2006, 06:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

lakers all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-29-2006, 06:22 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

BECAUSE Suns CANT and WONT win again in LOS ANGELES
-- as i said b4 we will finish it @ our HOME
I believe Lakers flags will be on most of the cars here in LA
Suns a great team but when KB, Larma and the NY kid play fo real, we r ONE tough team.
Also gotta LUKE, he starts to understand the game.
Old 04-29-2006, 06:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific

SL Member

Originally Posted by keoki
dammit suns! what's going on here.........
The Lakers are playing like they should have been all season. If they play like they did tonight and step up their offensive rebounding, the Suns will be in deep trouble.

Quick Reply: Suns in 5 Games!!