Notices
Regional - Pacific South CA, NV
View Poll Results: How Many Games Will The Lakers Last?
Suns in a SWEEP!!! (4 Games)
13.95%
Suns in 5 Games
11.63%
Suns in 6 Games
11.63%
Lakers take them the distance! (But lose in 7 Games)
9.30%
Uh, excuse me? I think the Lakers can win this thing!
53.49%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Suns in 5 Games!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 05:57 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Basedan10
Originally Posted by bbcrud

Then Nash starts crying just because he picked up his dribble, turned to the ref and screamed "Time-Out" about 4 times while the two Lakers mugged him. I can see how the ref could have missed both plays.

No I couldn't.

Pretty sure you have to give the hand signal for a timeout. You can't just yell it, because when its that loud in a arena, They can't hear crap.
Ande clearly you don't either. Tonight was game 5 not game 4.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Raja admitted he was wrong, and he got caught in the heat of the moment and could've cost the Suns the win...and Kobe sees it as a challenge, and that's how the playoffs are, and he says he hopes Raja's there in Game 6...

if the league suspends Raja, i think they will be a little bit inconsistent with the suspension calls they've made so far...they didn't even suspend Reggie Evans for the "loose ball" ( ) foul he committed on Kaman..but i do believe there's a chance Raja will be suspended

JC
Old 05-03-2006, 05:59 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by bryoninscion

Have seen any of this series?
Are you are freaking idiot? Why don't u go through and read the posts before jumping in on the last page! And starting asking me questions like that!
Old 05-03-2006, 06:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

one more thing, what Raja did was both a negative and positive for the Suns:

negative: Raja gets suspended and there's no one to get into Kobe's head...

positive: but then again, the Suns can use that to have Kobe be Kobe, let him loose and let Kobe try to beat them and not the supporting cast

JC
Old 05-03-2006, 06:02 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have been. What's that have to do with what game we're in? Quit crying over old $h#t.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by LA-tC
oh dont ya worry, Mr BELL will be fined BIG $$ and will be suspeneded for at least ONE game FO SURE. Just wait for tomorrow news.
If they suspend him then the series IS fixed. Walton should have been suspended when he F2'd our guy while he was airborn and the series has been physical. If the NBA decides to grow a backbone at this point of the Play-offs and sit Raja down then it just fuels the feelings that TV does control the league.

If Kobe was playing clean ball, not throwing the elbows, Raja would have cushioned the fall for him. But, Kobe being Kobe, it's not good enough that he has all that talent, he has to get in his cheap-shots too. (Then quit when he knows they've lost) I think Kobe is smart enough not to come out with an attitude in game 6. Don't know about their newest sex-offender though, he seemed to be getting frustrated. Will be calm down Thursday?

I think the Lakers are going to either crush us or lose a close one in LA. If the Suns win, look out, it'll be 1993 again.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by az_pinoy
Raja admitted he was wrong, and he got caught in the heat of the moment and could've cost the Suns the win...and Kobe sees it as a challenge, and that's how the playoffs are, and he says he hopes Raja's there in Game 6...

if the league suspends Raja, i think they will be a little bit inconsistent with the suspension calls they've made so far...they didn't even suspend Reggie Evans for the "loose ball" ( ) foul he committed on Kaman..but i do believe there's a chance Raja will be suspended

JC
That reggie evans deal was horrible... and the league would be stupid to suspend raja bell.. .it wasnt a hard foul... i would much rather get that than an elbow to the dome... and if they suspend raja then they probably should have suspended luke or smush for the gang rape on tim thomas.. but the nba has never been consistent so who knows... it will be interesting
Old 05-03-2006, 06:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

oh dont ya worry, Mr BELL will be fined BIG $$ and will be suspeneded for at least ONE game FO SURE. Just wait for tomorrow news.
Why? Cuz he clotheslined princess Kobe. It's no different than any other play that's been going on this series, Quit being a primadonna.
There is a small difference. He got caught and ejected! Flagrantly trying to hurt someone is serous, and should carry a fine and a 1 game suspension.
Okay. Fair enough. So, when the NBA reviews the tape, and sees the elbow Kobe threw that DIDN'T get called, they can sit his butt down too. Let them both think about their bad behavior for just one game.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^

yeah it'll be a close Game 6...don't forget about the blocking foul that was called on Diaw, and while down on the floor, Kwame went ahead and stood over him staring him down looking to do something...nothing called on that one either

JC
Old 05-03-2006, 06:08 AM
5 Year Member

I have been. What's that have to do with what game we're in? Quit crying over old $h#t.
Dude you must not be the smartest person on your block. First you start going off on me saying that i posted game 4 not game 5. Never said that. 2nd you asked me if I have been watching the series, and If you read some of the other posts you would have noticed that I have! 3rd your not even making sense in anything you say!

Oh btw to keep on topic. GO LAkers!
Old 05-03-2006, 06:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Then Nash starts crying just because he picked up his dribble, turned to the ref and screamed "Time-Out" about 4 times while the two Lakers mugged him. I can see how the ref could have missed both plays.

No I couldn't.
Pretty sure you have to give the hand signal for a timeout. You can't just yell it, because when its that loud in a arena, They can't hear crap.
The announcers on TV heard it. It was actually Diaw calling for it (I stand corrected). Standing next to the Ref that called the jump ball.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Diaw was awesome tonight. I think he could be the key to game 6. If he can get in there and draw contact and get to the line the Lakers are going to have to adjust thier game with Kwame and/or Odom sitting too much.

I also think the Matrix is on the pad, ready for launch.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:19 AM
5 Year Member

Why? Cuz he clotheslined princess Kobe. It's no different than any other play that's been going on this series, Quit being a primadonna.
There is a small difference. He got caught and ejected! Flagrantly trying to hurt someone is serous, and should carry a fine and a 1 game suspension.
Okay. Fair enough. So, when the NBA reviews the tape, and sees the elbow Kobe threw that DIDN'T get called, they can sit his butt down too. Let them both think about their bad behavior for just one game.

Straight from NBA.com

To be unsportsmanlike is to act in a manner unbecoming to the image of professional basketball. It consists of acts of deceit, disrespect of officials and profanity. The penalty for such action is a technical foul. Repeated acts shall result in expulsion from the game and a minimum fine of $1000.

A flagrant foul-penalty (1) is unnecessary contact committed by a player against an opponent.

A flagrant foul-penalty (2) is unnecessary and excessive contact committed by a player against an opponent. It is an unsportsmanlike act and the offender is ejected immediately.

The offender will be subject to a fine not exceeding $35,000 and/or suspension by the Commissioner.

See Rule 12B-Section IV for interpretation and penalties.

Looks like theres a good chance of no Raja.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, Diaw, Marion, and Thomas were key tonight...Diaw and Thomas got it started in the first half, then Nash and Marion got it started in the 2nd half...and as Nash said, Diaw is starting to figure out how to get inside the Lakers D

also, with James starting and Thomas coming out of the bench is a good move...Thomas gives a big boost coming out of the bench instead of starting

JC
Old 05-03-2006, 06:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the "and/or" part is what will come into play...either way, no Raja doesn't mean the end for the Suns...D'Antoni: "..if Raja'a there (Game 6) we'll win it with him, if he's not there we'll win it for him..."

JC
Old 05-03-2006, 06:25 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dude you must not be the smartest person on your block. First you start going off on me saying that i posted game 4 not game 5. Never said that. 2nd you asked me if I have been watching the series, and If you read some of the other posts you would have noticed that I have! 3rd your not even making sense in anything you say!

Oh btw to keep on topic. GO LAkers!
The time out issue was in game 4 not 5. Step away from your computer dude, go outside, and catch breath of fresh air. oh, and I promise I'll stay on topic.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No I couldn't.
The announcers on TV heard it. It was actually Diaw calling for it (I stand corrected). Standing next to the Ref that called the jump ball.
it doesn't matter if Diaw called a timeout or not. He could have written "timeout" on posterboard and it still wouldn't matter. walton had his arms wrapped around the ball. THAT's why the refs couldn't call it. read the rules.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:32 AM
5 Year Member

the "and/or" part is what will come into play...either way, no Raja doesn't mean the end for the Suns...D'Antoni: "..if Raja'a there (Game 6) we'll win it with him, if he's not there we'll win it for him..."

JC
Yea it all comes down to how the comissioner is feeling.
Even without Raja, Barbosa is still pretty good, but he aint no Raja.
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

JC
That Mike D'Antoni, he reminds me of someone else that coached the Suns against the Lakers in the Play-offs.

Oh, I know!!! Paul Westphal.

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by fastandcurious

No I couldn't.
it doesn't matter if Diaw called a timeout or not. He could have written "timeout" on posterboard and it still wouldn't matter. walton had his arms wrapped around the ball. THAT's why the refs couldn't call it. read the rules.
i guess not too many people saw the image that surfaced from abc.. it was on page 2 in the sports section of the az republilc... first luke fouls nash then the picture shows lukes hand on the ball with his left foot out of bounds and two refs staring at his foot... read the rules

Quick Reply: Suns in 5 Games!!