Turbonetics Scion tC Enthusiast Open House |March 18th 2006

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 06:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Ok, i've got a question... in order to attend the event, do you have to be registered? i've got a few more friends other than the one that i've already registered that are interested in coming. is that possible? thanks!
Old 03-08-2006, 07:10 PM

If you are a SCion tC owner and want to be eligible for the giveaways and free turbo kit then you have to be RSVP'd.

We do this for a couple of reasons, one is to know how many people to feed and have goodies ready for and the other is for the parking situation.

Please only bring one guest per tC owner that is attending. This is for Scion tC enthusiasts not the general public. Maybe later this year we will have a full blown open house.

Tyler Tanaka
Marketing Manager
Turbonetics

Old 03-08-2006, 07:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

I had the impresion that XA's and XB's were invited also..
Old 03-08-2006, 07:54 PM

Well, all of the information said Scion tC Enthusiast Open House (See link) http://tcopenhouse.turbonetics-spearco.com/

But we will not turn you away if you want to come and enjoy the day here. xA's and xB's that show up will just not be entered into the contest giveaways and prize drawings - plus we can only feed so many people before going broke

Old 03-09-2006, 02:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by racerXa
I had the impresion that XA's and XB's were invited also..
Yea same here or I wouldn't have registered.
Old 03-09-2006, 02:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by turbot2
Well, all of the information said Scion tC Enthusiast Open House (See link) http://tcopenhouse.turbonetics-spearco.com/

But we will not turn you away if you want to come and enjoy the day here. xA's and xB's that show up will just not be entered into the contest giveaways and prize drawings - plus we can only feed so many people before going broke
So basically if an xA and an xB show up they are just there for looks. They won't get a chance to enter for the prize drawings or be able to eat? I understand the turbo winning is no go.

I found the thread that gave the impression it was for all scions but focusing on the tC..
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=100082
Old 03-12-2006, 06:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

yup that's is why I register and alot of others did, but oh well.. its your decision not ours but thanks anyways

does any one know of any other show or event that is going on for this day let me know I have the day off...
Old 03-12-2006, 08:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by racerXa
yup that's is why I register and alot of others did, but oh well.. its your decision not ours but thanks anyways

does any one know of any other show or event that is going on for this day let me know I have the day off...
HIN in San Diego
Old 03-14-2006, 03:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Is anyone going to let the xB's and xA's know why there's one thread inviting ALL scions, and now you are stating we aren't invited. I don't want to waste the time driving my box there get turned away... So please, someone give an answer

I found the thread that gave the impression it was for all scions but focusing on the tC..
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=100082
Old 03-14-2006, 04:42 PM

I am very sorry about the misunderstanding but every piece of RSVP info says tC. The link says tC Open House and the entry page says tC enthusiast open house and in the details of the RSVP it asks if you are a tC owner or guest, what year your tC is, all of the confirmation emails that were sent out were about the tC, and the original post is in the tC Forced Induction board. I did not post that thread that you linked to above, so I do not have an answer for that one.

As I explained in a previous post, the raffle/giveaway items are all for tC's, so it would not be good to have an xB owner win an exhaust system for a tC.

We expected people to show up with other Scion models and we are glad to have you be here and see our facility, take the tours, visit vendors, and just enjoy the day. I wish that we could afford to feed everyone with a Scion in SoCal as well but that is not the case. I promise, if we make that turbo kit for the xA/xB that we once looked at, I will organize a day just for you guys too.

Best regards,
Tyler Tanaka
Marketing Manger
Turbonetics Inc.

Old 03-14-2006, 04:49 PM

Did everyone read the title of this thread that they are in?

I don't mean that in a condescending or mean way at all either. I just want everyone to know that we did our best to make sure that it was as clear as possible that it was a tC day.

Old 03-14-2006, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

then you need to speak to the person that started the thread that I linked. That was the thread people here saw, Which you can see there are people that said they want to support the cause. That is where everyone got the impression that is was SCION day. Yes, this thread you put scion tC.. That would be why people are asking what the deal is. Not very cool to make people take the time off for this, then tell them it's just for tC. The xA and xB owners aren't asking to try and win the turbo. we wanted to show up for a scion event and show support.

"Well right now Turbonetics only make the Tc turbo kit but that doesnt mean you can show up or that they wont make one for the XB in the future. What better way to show your interest in one then to show up. Good grub for free either way.."

Wow look at that... that's what you mean by doing your best to make sure it's clear it's a tC day?
Old 03-14-2006, 05:13 PM

Again I apologize. That was not my post. I tried to make it as clear as possible in everything I placed in this forum and in the online details page that everyone should have read before scrolling down to fill out the online RSVP form.

Old 03-14-2006, 05:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I see where you are coming from.. but do you see where other scion owners are coming from?
Old 03-14-2006, 07:05 PM

I do, I would be excited to attend any events having to do with high performance and good times as well.

Again, you are welcome to come and hang out with us for the day, I just have to stick to the original plans for the event which are detailed on the link below.

http://tcopenhouse.turbonetics-spearco.com/

Old 03-15-2006, 02:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i don't know, when i say this months ago, it did say it was for TC. i alwasy thought it was for TC only. i guess some people saw "scion" and that it was open for all
Old 03-16-2006, 07:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cant wait! looks like it might rain or not!
Old 03-17-2006, 06:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damm alot of drama!...anyways I will be there with a clean car or dirty car nonetheless
Old 03-18-2006, 06:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its going to rain... is this going to be an outside event? i don't want to get wet