UPDATED: Longo Triathlon 6.27.07

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 08:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
Team Sushi
SL Member

hahahaha i am going to go but just for a bit cause i have to do some other things later tonite
Old 06-28-2007, 09:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Can some one ask about killer glass on a 1.5L and if it's really a problem? I really want to test my egg on the track just for the hell of it.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
Team Sushi
SL Member

just cover it with a bigger diameter rubber hose
Old 06-28-2007, 09:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by INFINI
What did get with the 3rd place title? I am just curious
i think you got a toy or some giveaway lol.. i got a jada toy for my 3rd place.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I missed it. I wanted to go soooooo bad.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jay_jay_n
Originally Posted by INFINI
What did get with the 3rd place title? I am just curious
i think you got a toy or some giveaway lol.. i got a jada toy for my 3rd place.
Heh wow ok
Old 06-28-2007, 10:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

if this does happen again this year, i think i may need new tires haha, i think i've got about half the tread now from what i had before the show O_o
Old 06-28-2007, 10:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

I'm scared to look but I did feel them last night...the rubber was granulated
Old 06-28-2007, 10:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by emokid158
if this does happen again this year, i think i may need new tires haha, i think i've got about half the tread now from what i had before the show O_o
If they were the stock tires yeah they will not last long with racing
Old 06-28-2007, 10:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

oooh and i need to take my wheels off and inspect everything, something is squealing, and it's not my brakes. it's when i'm turning very slowly with the brakes off...i noticed it everytime i had to get onto the water bogs yesterday.

my friend said i should check the axles, rack and pinion assembly and something else. maybe i'll start a thread about this, i hope noone else had problems.

by far, the best show i've been to yet!
thanks nilo and SE and longo for putting this thing on!
Old 06-28-2007, 11:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Thanks for the props guys, we organized it, but all made it happen, just wanted to thanks youall for all your enthusiasm..will for sure have to do it again soon..maybe the next on a weekend so everyone can make it out..=) at last count there was over 300 cars that rolled through during the afternoon and evening..thanks much..

but before we forget we just wanted to thank Jeff Bal and the Svion L A region for brining out the Scion rig and for thier on going support of Scion Evolution and the whole Scion community...they are truly the BEST !!
Old 06-28-2007, 11:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

ya i heard that thay gave away stupid stuff as trophies, and plus its not to shocking to see the same people win over and over agin when there are people really trying to do stuff to there car and they just get over looked by people and when the normal people show up you already know who is going to win!
Old 06-29-2007, 12:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Driven Girls
SL Member

Well that was my last show so you don't have to worry about competing against "Her tC" again. ;)

But a side note, I don't think "stupid stuff" was given away as trophies. The medals were way awesome and the misc. prizes for each make category were a last minute addition when so many cars ended up showing. And it wasn't like they were cheap prizes either - first place in the categories got full underglow and stuff! I think it was really awesome of SE and Longo to break those categories up and give more people the opportunity to be recognized for their hard work.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 626scionxb
ya i heard that thay gave away stupid stuff as trophies, and plus its not to shocking to see the same people win over and over agin when there are people really trying to do stuff to there car and they just get over looked by people and when the normal people show up you already know who is going to win!
I'm not going to start a heated debate about this, but let's look at what you are saying and I will give you MY perspective about your point of view. You or anyone else can sit here and trash my point of view but this will be the only post I put up here about this.

"I heard they gave away stupid stuff as trophies". First of all you said "I heard". Maybe to the person you heard it from thought they were stupid. But the night's top winner Cynce mentioned somewhere she was very happy for the medals because she wouldn't have been be able to transport plastic trophies she would have one in her car. What do you think the chances are of the medals actually having more metal in it than the plastic trophies? Glass trophies are nice. Why glass wasn't given out we'd have to ask Longo/SE peeps. Whatever the case is, a win is a win right? At least they didn't give out paper certificates!

"plus its not to shocking to see the same people win over and over agin when there are people really trying to do stuff to there car and they just get over looked by people and when the normal people show up you already know who is going to win!"

Why do you think the same people win over and over again? You think it's fixed? The politics of car shows? I'd be interested to hear what Cynce, Mike Ma, Tina, Jay, Dave Moulton, OMC, and Jerry to name a few would have to say to you. I know those people put a lot of money, time, and effort to build a unique ride AND maintain their cars the way it is. These people have very special looking cars and are not "normal". I'm not discrediting the efforts of others however if judges see Mike's xB or Steve ****'s bBist xB and have to compare it to Kirby's or Nilo's xB (Sorry to include you both as an example but everyone knows you two.), who do you think they are going to score higher? Those are true show cars. "Normal" or even slightly fixed up ones ones are not.

Good luck to everyone on this summers show circuit.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
SL Member

^^ Nicely said
Old 06-29-2007, 01:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think the awards were fine, i really wanted lighting but at least i won some lighting components in the raffle so i was happy with that, Evelyn let me kno if you would sell me your lighting lol.., and i try my hardest at each show to prove my self to the judges and the scion community, I AM FLAT OUT BROKE, on weekly gas for all the shows i attend from back to back shows from san diego to l.a. to simi, to everywhere its hard and now i just put in 4k+ on new mods this month for my car. I hope i prove my self to the scion community even though i don't need to but i want to just to get accepted in the group of people that make us a family, and because of that i'm proud to own a scion and be a part of the family.

also i kno that cynce was broke and tina is GOING to be when her car goes into the shop, so we really put our lives into our lil hobby.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

got back from work, checked my tires, and thanks alot.. now i am going to need new ones pretty soon.

they only have 7k on them and they are practically shot, stupid stock turanzas!!

once again, thanks for all the good times.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 626scionxb
Dude it's taken me a while to win anything and I have done ALLOT of modding since stock in November 06. I will barely scrape by $$ wise and do half my mods myself, beg friends to install for me or pay the high prices for all this stuff. I am grateful to win, even if its not a trophy it's simple recognition for work done and time spent I think (could be wrong).

By this time next year my xA will not be the same car I am sure or I will have upgraded and will be modding that Scion I think me winning proves your point a bit wrong since I am the underdog here in competition in the xA category
Old 06-29-2007, 02:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

This was a real good show and Thnx to longo and SE for having this event for all of us and beast of all it was completely FREE. All i know is that i had a good time and it was fun watching fellow scion owners on the race tracks and i liked my SIRIUS radio reciever i won.

Once again thnx LONGO and SE for thsi event i hope to go again next year and a weekend would be reall cool Nilo

and congrats to all the winners
Old 06-29-2007, 03:11 AM
5 Year Member

This was a great show I really had a great time meeting everyone ( dimi, dan, jason & emokid did i meet you as well ??) and talking to you about your cars & the Scion Racing program. Thanks SE for putting on such a well organized event.

Hope to see everyone out in Vegas !!

-Leslie A

Quick Reply: UPDATED: Longo Triathlon 6.27.07