Regional - Pacific South CA, NV

UPDATED: Longo Triathlon 6.27.07

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 03:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

I just wanted to let everyone know that i had a blast at the event. Congrats to all the winners that won. To my fellow Alphasquad winners Dodgerxa and Emokid for takin some home for the "click". Its not always about winning at these events. I go to these events to get some laughs in, throw some Nilo jokes, pose for Jay Jay and hopefully catch a ticket in the raffle. the show is one of least of my concerns. I did know however how much it cost to rent the strip at Irwindale and its a pretty penny. If I did win, even if it was a Chia Pet, I can still say "check out my Water Buffalo Chia Pet Son". lol. but really, it was a good show and next time you may get to see me own those ricers on the track. Not really, but I can try.

Kirby rep'in the Alphasquad "We 5 teams deep Son!"
Old 06-29-2007, 03:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea kirby! great seeing everyone! had a blast.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by thatSCIONgirl
This was a great show I really had a great time meeting everyone ( dimi, dan, jason & emokid did i meet you as well ??) and talking to you about your cars & the Scion Racing program. Thanks SE for putting on such a well organized event.

Hope to see everyone out in Vegas !!

-Leslie A
hhhmmm...Ms Leslie ?....haha...thanks much...

We truly appreciate all the kind words everyone, but being in the game from day one, I know that we cannot always please everyone no matter how hard we try. All we try to accomplish doing these events is to gather everyone together and to enjoy each other's comapny no matter who you are or what Sclub affiliation you are with. As long as most of you had fun and enjoyed, we can pat ourselves on the back for a job well done. "Good Times"and unity has always been our motto when putting these events together...and you are all right winning awards and trophies for self recognition is not everything.

It's the Scion cars that bring us all together, but it's the PEOPLE that keep us all in this Scion community...Peace to all and see you all at the next event.."Good Times"
Old 06-29-2007, 06:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

KK so listen up! Thanks to SE and Nilo I was able to create another great gallery of car show photos! .Pictures are on there way !!!!!! Gotta represent like no other well the best I can at least, heh. So keep a look out for them Friday Just gotta find more server space again. Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Oh and yes Brian I have pics of you racing. But only ones with you and the Celica. I was not positioned right nor did I have the right camera body for that kind of action. But they are fine pics never the less. Just I only do like 3 frames a sec when taking Raw+JPEG and can only get about 5 continuous shots so I have to be sparing.

When I get hired for more work I can afford to bring better equipment.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:20 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

all i have to say is that im sorry for what i said i didnt mean for it to get this out off hand, plus if i affended any body i really am sorry, the stuff that i said was not to bring any one down or to affend anyone but i guess i was wrong for what i said and once agin im really sorry for those that i have affended, i hope the people can find it in them selves to accept my apoligy, if not i understand. sincerliy bryan fransen from quality toys and formily alpha squad.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:30 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Thank you to everyone who participated in this years Longo Tri Athlon. See what you started "V"!!
A special thank you to LA Region, Jeff Bal, LA Region DM's, Paul Kim of Longo, Leslie Durst-Armendariz, Troy Sumitomo and all the sponsors, for your most gracious appearances and support of this event.
To all our fellow Scion clubs, thank you for attending this event, we hope you had a great time, as Nilo said hopefully one in the near future on the weekend for those who could not make it out this time around.
Look for more things to come at the next Tri Athlon.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 626scionxb
ya i heard that thay gave away stupid stuff as trophies, and plus its not to shocking to see the same people win over and over agin when there are people really trying to do stuff to there car and they just get over looked by people and when the normal people show up you already know who is going to win!
You need to think twice about your wording. The prizes were not stupid. I’m happy with the simple recognition that I won a few categories. Also, take into consideration this is a FREE show & it’s evident that people have put a lot of time & effort into putting it together. Heck, they didn’t even have to give away prizes, or raffles, OR placement. I think what you said is incredibly disrespectful. Calling something “stupid” is really offending when you think about it seeing how they worked hard to put this show together. You try putting a show together & see how hard it is & once someone mentions something they didn’t like about it, & they knock it down, we’ll see how you feel.

Also, my car is my LIFE, my everything. I’ve been working my butt off for my car for the last 10 months nearly every day. I rarely spend money on anything other than my car because that’s what my passion is. My car has been in & out of a good 10 shops & it’s WORTH it to me & I feel as though I DESERVE to win. I have a good 75 mods on my car. Everyone has different tastes in what they like in cars, & I’m just lucky that judges can see how much time has been put into the car. Heck, my car was in the shop for 5 weeks just for my system & when I drove it off the shops lot my tire flew off (they didn’t torque the lugs down) & I had to watch parts of my car crumble into pieces & have my life put into jeopardy (I was on my way to getting onto the freeway) so I’ve gone to hell & back for that car. If you’re not placing then obviously that says something like other people have worked on their cars more-so than others. What’re we supposed to do? Dump $20k into our cars, win 3 shows & then not win anymore because it’s not fair that other people have added 5 or so mods on their car & are being overlooked? I’ve built my car to win shows. & as of right now, I feel like since I’m not winning Best of Show that I need to change something, so starting next month I’m rebuilding my entire car from front to back with the exception of 2 things (my supercharger & my tail lights). I don’t mean for you to take offense to this but maybe your car’s not up to par with the other competitors cars, & judging by your profile/mod list, you’re no where near what Cynce, Jay Jay & my tC’s are at.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kiss_kiss_kill
ya i heard that thay gave away stupid stuff as trophies, and plus its not to shocking to see the same people win over and over agin when there are people really trying to do stuff to there car and they just get over looked by people and when the normal people show up you already know who is going to win!
You need to think twice about your wording. The prizes were not stupid. I’m happy with the simple recognition that I won a few categories. Also, take into consideration this is a FREE show & it’s evident that people have put a lot of time & effort into putting it together. Heck, they didn’t even have to give away prizes, or raffles, OR placement. I think what you said is incredibly disrespectful. Calling something “stupid” is really offending when you think about it seeing how they worked hard to put this show together. You try putting a show together & see how hard it is & once someone mentions something they didn’t like about it, & they knock it down, we’ll see how you feel.

Also, my car is my LIFE, my everything. I’ve been working my butt off for my car for the last 10 months nearly every day. I rarely spend money on anything other than my car because that’s what my passion is. My car has been in & out of a good 10 shops & it’s WORTH it to me & I feel as though I DESERVE to win. I have a good 75 mods on my car. Everyone has different tastes in what they like in cars, & I’m just lucky that judges can see how much time has been put into the car. Heck, my car was in the shop for 5 weeks just for my system & when I drove it off the shops lot my tire flew off (they didn’t torque the lugs down) & I had to watch parts of my car crumble into pieces & have my life put into jeopardy (I was on my way to getting onto the freeway) so I’ve gone to hell & back for that car. If you’re not placing then obviously that says something like other people have worked on their cars more-so than others. What’re we supposed to do? Dump $20k into our cars, win 3 shows & then not win anymore because it’s not fair that other people have added 5 or so mods on their car & are being overlooked? I’ve built my car to win shows. & as of right now, I feel like since I’m not winning Best of Show that I need to change something, so starting next month I’m rebuilding my entire car from front to back with the exception of 2 things (my supercharger & my tail lights). I don’t mean for you to take offense to this but maybe your car’s not up to par with the other competitors cars, & judging by your profile/mod list, you’re no where near what Cynce, Jay Jay & my tC’s are at.
Nicely said Tina.

I didn't make it to the show, but from most people's comments and pictures it looked awesome.

As for judging and stuff. People are always going to be unhappy with the judging...cause thats exactly what it is judging. People like Tina, Cynce, JAY JAY, Dave Moulton, Mike Ma and a few others have built their respective cars to win shows and get recognition from different vendors/media. So just because you have a new mod @ this show means nothing sometimes. Just throwing some wheels/a head unit/ and a some vinyl and/or stickers isn't going to win you awards either. And these people are usually the ones complaining @ the shows when the "Big Guns" win. personally haven't seen your car so do not take my last 2 statement personally 626 ScionxB.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:43 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

like i said i was sorry for what i said.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:53 PM

I don't think you guys read his apology did you? He didn't even show at the event. Maybe you should think about it from an underdog perspective, all the people who bust their tushies to make ends meat and with what little money they have on the side they put into their car. And he said that this was something he heard from someone else, so this is not his opinion, he just didn't know the facts. And it's true, you practically know who is gonna win before you even get to a show. I mean those guys cars are awesome they work hard on their cars, probably have sponsers and friends that get them noticed, but for the rest of us who don't have sheer luck and money in our pocket who will overdraw their bank account just to be in a show for a chance to be in a picture next to the guy who got first place, don't forget those guys.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

like i said i was sorry for what i said.
Hey not everyone can say sorry and even mean it. I give you mucho credit for that dude. Even though I was not really offended some were.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jaxter
I don't think you guys read his apology did you? He didn't even show at the event. Maybe you should think about it from an underdog perspective, all the people who bust their tushies to make ends meat and with what little money they have on the side they put into their car. And he said that this was something he heard from someone else, so this is not his opinion, he just didn't know the facts. And it's true, you practically know who is gonna win before you even get to a show. I mean those guys cars are awesome they work hard on their cars, probably have sponsers and friends that get them noticed, but for the rest of us who don't have sheer luck and money in our pocket who will overdraw their bank account just to be in a show for a chance to be in a picture next to the guy who got first place, don't forget those guys.
I am one of those guys that work and use my money to pay for School, phone, my car, gas, insurance, etc. and whatever i have left over i save and save just so i can get my next big mod. I spend more money on my car than my GF of 5 years...

And I never said anything directly to 626scionxB, if you read my post carefully. i was making a generalized statement about people going to shows and being upset that they didn't win because the car that is done up correctly and has had hundreds upon hundreds of hours put into them win. I'll say it again Judging is just that JUDGING. One judge may say hey that is a nice car i love what he's done to it, where the next one says wow what a hunk of junk. It is all based upon opinion. Just like a dance competition or a cheerleading comp. One judge may like it the other may say

As Mike Ma once said "if you are just modding your car to win trophies then you are doing it for the wrong reasons. You should mod your car so that it fits your needs and likes." Who cares what the person next to you has done. The main question is Do you like your car and what you've done to it.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:13 PM

I agree with you on the judging part, it is all a matter of opinion. But what you didn't know or realize is "formerly alpha squad" that alpha squad voted him out of the group because of what he said.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't think you read my other post. I am one of the Underdogs (for real!) and I won 3rd place. Read my other post about it.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

Originally Posted by CamoTrav
Originally Posted by kiss_kiss_kill

Nicely said Tina.

I didn't make it to the show, but from most people's comments and pictures it looked awesome.

As for judging and stuff. People are always going to be unhappy with the judging...cause thats exactly what it is judging. People like Tina, Cynce, JAY JAY, Dave Moulton, Mike Ma and a few others have built their respective cars to win shows and get recognition from different vendors/media. So just because you have a new mod @ this show means nothing sometimes. Just throwing some wheels/a head unit/ and a some vinyl and/or stickers isn't going to win you awards either. And these people are usually the ones complaining @ the shows when the "Big Guns" win. personally haven't seen your car so do not take my last 2 statement personally 626 ScionxB.
Trav, it was nicely put, but also Bryan's car will never be able to compete with their cars...He has an xB so comparing it to their tC's is like comparing a tC to a civic, they just aren't the same.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
Team Sushi
SL Member

100% true sometimes people need to be more realistic and not be ignorent about things and like if you read it right he clearly wrote " i heard" so why put him on blast it was a comment that he said and he really didnt ask us for a opinion so why are we blasting about this he said "sorry" twice what more or how many more times do we need to hear "sorry" i hear so much rumors that i just laugh about them.. so lets just drop it and worrie about other things then just a comment that someone "HEARD"
Old 06-29-2007, 07:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

YO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PICS PART ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread link!!: https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...688902#2688902
Old 06-29-2007, 07:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

I don't see what the fighting is all about. The show is over, people got trophies/awards it was a free show and it was fun!

I mean sure, i felt it was unfair when the scinergy xA came to the show in elsinore, but you know what...that's a really nice car and they put a lot of effort into it. if i were a judge i would always choose the car that looked more show than just a modified daily driver. hell, steve could have entered his bbist xB and gotten a trophy too if he wanted, but he didn't. which gave everyone else that much more of a chance.

Nobody should be looked down upon for having a nice car, and no judge should be looked down upon for giving the nicest cars a good score. Honestly if i saw that a highly modified car took second place to a slightly modified car, I would assume it was rigged and would never go to one of that associations shows again.

I'm getting lost now, but...my favorite part of this show was the drag strip, and the fact that they had trophies for it! I wasn't planning on walking away with trophies because I didn't enter the show, but instead I got two trophies from the races. I mean come on, this is the only show i've been to that had races, it makes this truly unique and I think that Longo and SE did a great job with that.

I'm done rambling now. Who knows, maybe we should start having shows with mid/wild trophies more often so that the people that don't have highly modded cars can win as well.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

yay for pics!
Old 06-29-2007, 08:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

just what really herts me the most is that all of my friends kicked me out of a click that was all strarted by friends i guess i really know who my true friends are!

Quick Reply: UPDATED: Longo Triathlon 6.27.07