Notices
Regional - Pacific South CA, NV

WARNING: Stay away from Costa Mesa Scion on Harbor Blvd!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 05:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default WARNING: Stay away from Costa Mesa Scion on Harbor Blvd!!!!

I am so furious with my latest service from Scion of Costa Mesa on Harbor Blvd. I will recommend to STAY AWAY at all costs from getting serviced at this dealership. I have now gone through 2 bad experiences, the later one being the kicker. This is what happened- I schedule my 15,000 service, and to have my wheels rotated as well. (very simple). I go in and drop off the car, and this time they put a cap on the car immediately and my car was actually taken back within 5 minutes of sitting in the service bay. My last visit, the car sat for 45 minutes- no cap, nothing and 4 cars after me came in and were sent to the service bay before my car which had an appointment, after having to tell my service advisor 45 min. later that it was not moved and 4 cars after me came in and were serviced with priority it finally was done to my car. This time it was speedy (thank god). Roughly an hour later I get the call to pick up the car, I do so. I pay the bill (for rotation) and leave. Getting on the 55-S the cars steering shook terribly and had to actually go 50 on the freeway to be a t a safe speed due to the massive vibration. I called the dealership and told them the car was unsafe to drive and I was brining it back in to be fixed. I also had a midterm to attend within that hour as well.
I bring the car back, and a guy asks me why im back and explain to him- he then tells me that and I quote "its not our responsibility your car is messed up, your going to pay for all this- you need your tires flipped back", even though I had just payed $20 for the work to be done. I mentioned that sometimes the tuner lugs can not be tighetened all the way and COULD POSSIBLY be the cause and that should be checked as well. He told me I didnt know what I was talking about and that since he had done wheels/tires for 2 years he knew that it was not that. However my family manufactures these tuner lugs and it can be the case sometimes if not torked properly. He still told me I didnt know what I was talking about (this being a guy who works there in service) He then walks to my service advisor and talks to him, then my advisor takes the keys and says "Ill take care of this". So I thought it was all good and they were going to balance the wheels as that is what needed to be done as I told him over the phone. He agreed and said he would take care of it.
I got a ride to the college for my midterm and from 11:53 am till 4:30pm not a single call was made to me regarding the status of my car. I called service around a quarter till- no one in service picks up, call back and finally they pick up telling me its been taken care of. I go down there sign the paper and for some reason got my $20 back. Upon leaving the service dept. it was stated in my paper that I had said to "rotate the wheels back to original, front back to rear, and rear back to front) THIS IS NOT WHAT I ASKED TO BE DONE. I asked to have the new fronts BALANCED, not having the whole job reversed as a short cut to get done. They never told me that is what they were doing as well, and just told me it was taken care of now.
So I flipped a _____ and headed straight back to the dealership to get this fixed the right way, spoke to the head service manager and explained my case and it was finally being taken care of. I then was put into a rental car since this original service and roation at 10am has now gone into 5:30pm and too late to be done that day. I was placed into a rental for the night. I got the car back the next day, mid day, not morning as guaranteed by the service manager. He told me he took my car to 80mph on the freeway....80.....and told me how bad the wheels were out of balance and even used profanity while explaining it. Absolutely uncalled for. I may be young, but I am still a customer regardless. Upon getting my car FINALLY back, they did not compensate me for the gas he used while going 80 on the 55-S AND they didnt bother to wash it again, which it was now literally dirt spotted and splatted all over again from the test drive.
I WILL NEVER go back to this dealership, I will be writing a letter to Toyota of North America and will take this as far as it needs to go in order to make sure I, or any future scion owners get treated this way. My brother who also owns a scion tells me how great of service he gets at his dealerships out in Arizona- unlike out here. So PLEASE do stay away from SCION OF COSTA MESA on Harbor Blvd. at all costs!
Old 03-25-2007, 05:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

You will get a survey from the dealer and or Toyota--fill it out accordingly.......I have had great service from Crown Toyota in Ontario and Scion of Glendora.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

Yep, fill out the survey.
I had a great experience from Scion of Santa Monica.
Filled out the survey AND called the dealership to thank them.
Old 03-25-2007, 11:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I had great service at Scion of West Covina.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sounds good, but i live in Irvine, so whats closer that people would recommend? Im thinking about trying Scion of Lake Forest maybe next time
Old 03-26-2007, 01:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I see you're in Irvine... The best one I've seen around there is Power Toyota, nice dealership too, freakin huge!
Old 03-26-2007, 02:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Psyco565
I see you're in Irvine... The best one I've seen around there is Power Toyota, nice dealership too, freakin huge!
x2

thats where i got my tC from.
great service!!!
Old 03-27-2007, 06:41 AM

power toyota in irvine off bake and toyota of cerritos is really good as well.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:56 PM
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

I read like half of that before I went cross eyed from the TEXT BLOCK OF DOOM

Seriously though...Hrm, I get great service over in Toyota of Kearny Mesa in SD but that is prolly a good drive for service =p
Old 03-29-2007, 06:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Man... You're a pretty patient person.. I would've yelled and burst into flames!!!

FLAME ON!
Old 04-02-2007, 04:31 PM

I live in Laguna Hills and before i got my car an 07 scion tc i wento power toyota in irvine and the one is tustin and i didnt like the service so i went to RSM toyota and i love the service there and i will not take my car anywhere else, my seat stiching came off after two months and i got a whole new seat replacements. They are the best oh they're also owned by Penske which is the company that owns longo toyota.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

daym that sucks i kno how that feels man i went through shiet with hammer toyota, but it was during when i purchased the tc.. but daym that sucks.. really bad customer service.. i hate places like that.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:36 PM

yeah i do to if im a customer i expect to be treated at laeast with common courtsey went to the dealer in san juan las night to get a shift **** and they suck also i am never going there again
Old 04-06-2007, 05:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i get service from Toyota of Glendora..twice so far....service is fine...but i use my own fully sythetic oil...one time they forgot to reset the maintainance light...only that....always double check everytime they done servicing ur car....btw..they always give free spotless car wash...still in sastify level...
also...went to Longo dealer before at El Monte ...try to buy a Tc..but no one wanna service me and sitting on that lazy chair...like i can't afford to buy one..even said "if u wanna a TC....u got to wait for at leat 6 weeks"...wth?..an hour later..bought a brand new RS 2.0 at Toyota of Glendora...RS 2.0 ..u see it Longo? where the 6 weeks? yeah..watever..dun like going there no more...
Old 04-13-2007, 02:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I got mine at the huntington beach dealership and have always had pretty good luck with them. If they told me that they where doing 80 in my car I would have f**ked someone up.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I bought the car from HB, however I went there to get my interior lights installed at 8am one day, and the car was never even moved till 2:30pm after I had gone to the service manager over 3 times. *UPDATE as well- the xb has been totaled in an accident where I was rear ended. There is a black xb on the way as its replacement- upside is I have a 100,000 warranty from toyota on it. saweet!
Old 04-15-2007, 07:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I live in orange and these are the dealers i go to.

1. Longo
2. Tustin
3. Orange
4. Irvine
5. Elmore

Ive used all those before and they are all great. My buddy bought his tC from costa mesa scion and they raped him.