Notices
Regional - Pacific South CA, NV

Xclusive Scions Show Upseting Results

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 09:11 PM
5 Year Member

Default Xclusive Scions Show Upseting Results

Today was a big upset for many car enthusiast who spend alot of time and money only to be beaten by cars of lower caliber. The vibe the show had was excelent the weather was perfect and it was nice to get out of the house to go to the beach. To the winners of the trophys i congradulate you guys on what you have done to your car but to Xclusive scions the judging should have been of higher standards then what was presented today. Clearly there was cars with more modifications that were beaten by cars with less mods. Even cars loosing over stock cars!!!! I mean come ON!!! I really had to say that this was indeed a waste of twenty dollars and gas milage. I am speaking for myself on this matter and not on behalf of anyone else i just felt that i should say something and put it out there to see if anyone felt the same way. To sum it all up "I WANT MY MONEY BACK BIATCHES!!!!!!"
Old 07-30-2006, 09:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
SL Member

I just wish people didnt hate. I lost over a STOCK car with no mods whatsoever. I don't care much for the trophy, but when you know that your car is better than a stock car well its basically noticible that you will win. I felt cheated. To the winners of all the xA's i congradulate you guys. All of you guys are awesome. Carlos and Brian you guys are great! CONGRATS!! but like i said theres no hate with you guys... its the judging.... enough said! "I ALSO WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!"
Old 07-30-2006, 09:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i obviously wasn't at the show, but i have had your experience before. just keep in mind how the scoring was done. did they give extra points for under hood or trunk presentation or undercarriage cleanliness. did your car have a dirty undercarriage or door insides or engine? i have seen people win with stock cars because they have a car clean enough to eat off of and i drove my car through some rain to get to the show. not saying this is why, but maybe a thought to explain what happened. it still stinks if this is why they won and not you.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Driven Girls
SL Member

I'm sorry guys! I wish I could have been there. I definietely know what it feels like to be beat by someone less deserving. Thats a bummer.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

pics ?

i wasnt there but curious to know more.
Old 07-31-2006, 12:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know how you feel. I was beat out bye cars with way leass stuff and shouldnt even been in my cat.
Old 07-31-2006, 12:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ouch...i know how that feels. I'd assume it was perhaps one of those dealer shows? I've come to the understand i'll never go to stuff like that with the thought in mind I might win. Because they " choose " to help people who don't win ever and keeps those people coming out. Not fair..but...ya know.
Old 07-31-2006, 01:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

Originally Posted by pixiedixie862
I just wish people didnt hate. I lost over a STOCK car with no mods whatsoever. I don't care much for the trophy, but when you know that your car is better than a stock car well its basically noticible that you will win. I felt cheated. To the winners of all the xA's i congradulate you guys. All of you guys are awesome. Carlos and Brian you guys are great! CONGRATS!! but like i said theres no hate with you guys... its the judging.... enough said! "I ALSO WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!"
I am that STOCK car, and I agree, I shouldn't have gotten the "3rd best xA," I wasn't even trying for it, I wanted and feel that I deserve the "2nd Best Stock." Oddly I, feel cheated also. Pixie, you should have won the trophy I got. Sorry the Judges were
Old 07-31-2006, 01:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hmm, this seems disappointing. I do know that cleanliness and theme are always factors in judging and mass number of mods does not always account for much. I would urge one of the persons involved to clarify the judging criteria so that it is not unlcear as to why the winners were chosen. I would also like to have whatever answers are given or not to be accepted warmly. Thank you. If there's nothing given here I'll be in contact with some of my SESD crew that attended and find out what was going on.
Old 07-31-2006, 01:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

That's not right. Pics? And someone give them their money back!!!
Old 07-31-2006, 01:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

Here's mine

Bone stock PW xA, the only thing I did was clean it for like 90 mins. I was still cleaning when the judge got to the car before mine. All I had was cleanliness.* I DO NOT agree with the judging, I'm glad I got a trophy, but don't feel that I deserved the one that I got.

*and the display in the back of my car, Photoshopped pics of my car, and a Scion towel.
Old 07-31-2006, 01:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Let me address everyone in order.

David - I can see you've come along way from rolling with us. Thanks for the nice comments. I'm so glad you didn't get anything for your money like food and stuff. And you wonder why I never return your calls when you were with us.

Evelin- I guess you forgot to mention your body damage. Points scale ruined that for you. There were 4 xa's there anyway. Steve would of won if he was there.

Cassidy- Your engine compartment was bad, dirty bad. You would of scored alot higher if it was cleaner.

We judged on a points system this time which lets the cars that roll in with the show cars have a fighting chance. Thanks to everyone who actually enjoyed themselves. We're just out there to have a good time, it's just plastic...$20 worth of plastic.
Old 07-31-2006, 02:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

My engine bay has never been cleaned either
I didn't see any body damage on Pixie's (Evelin) car, I was right next to her.
From what your man, nyte_ryder said last night

It is the cleanliness of the car. All stock and spotless. Like it came off the showroom floors.
The only difference between my car now and when I picked it up, is the milage, and I took off the hubcaps.

"Like it came off the showroom floors."

I saw 3 cars (mine included) that fit this, 2 had the window sticker (mine was one), the other one also had body damage. With all honesty the SW tC looked a lot cleaner than mine, but every other car I saw had
Tinted windows, Rims, Lowered, a/v systems, stubby antenna...one SICK damn box had suicide doors in the back.

I am happy that I got a trophy, but I think something got messed up in the counting room.
Thanks for the goodie bags, those hats are f'in sweet.
Old 07-31-2006, 02:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Thank you Guys for a good show. Hey guys Do like I do, go to the show and don't expect nothing and u go home happy.
Old 07-31-2006, 02:44 AM
5 Year Member

I would completely agree to what was stated from SCV Scions, but when an engine with intake and header wins over a car with more invested in the engine than their whole car, then that person is contradicting themselves with those statements. All in all I would say it was a good time. So yeah the judging was a little off, hopefully there was a lession learned.
Old 07-31-2006, 02:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

In my opinion , presentation is what really counts.

In most cases, I don't enter car shows. Today, I'm happy to say I did and came in second. With over two dozen Original JDM products on my ride, often it goes un-notice due to someone only having a knock-off body kit and or one or two JDM items on their ride. So, it does go both ways guys.

Yes, there are some really nice cars out there and each and everyone of them deserves a prize.
Old 07-31-2006, 02:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hahahaha, sounds like you all got pwned.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:04 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Orataro
In my opinion , presentation is what really counts.

In most cases, I don't enter car shows. Today, I'm happy to say I did and came in second. With over two dozen Original JDM products on my ride, often it goes un-notice due to someone only having a knock-off body kit and or one or two JDM items on their ride. So, it does go both ways guys.

Yes, there are some really nice cars out there and each and everyone of them deserves a prize.
Ron, you totally deserve your trophy! You have one awesome ride. Congratulations. Good to see you again.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific

SL Member

Originally Posted by glortiz_99
Thank you Guys for a good show. Hey guys Do like I do, go to the show and don't expect nothing and u go home happy.
I had a great time. Thanks to Xclusive Scions for their hard work putting on the show.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
SL Member

Originally Posted by scvscions
Evelin- I guess you forgot to mention your body damage. Points scale ruined that for you. There were 4 xa's there anyway. Steve would of won if he was there.
First of all spell my name right... I am soooo dissapointed for what you wrote to me. As far as telling the judge about the body damage, since when do you have to point out your own flaws on your car?? And if this is you Jason, then i lost ALL respect for you. And there was 5 xA's not 4. I dont give a flying f*&^ if Steve would of been there and won 3rd becuase im cool with him and he would of deserved winning. But whatever.. this is BULL and most people know that i dont get ____ed often... i dont think ive ever showed this side of me to anyone. You guys know i WONT be there next year!!

Quick Reply: Xclusive Scions Show Upseting Results