Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 03:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by scvscions
Let me address everyone in order.

David - I can see you've come along way from rolling with us. Thanks for the nice comments. I'm so glad you didn't get anything for your money like food and stuff. And you wonder why I never return your calls when you were with us.

Evelin- I guess you forgot to mention your body damage. Points scale ruined that for you. There were 4 xa's there anyway. Steve would of won if he was there.

Cassidy- Your engine compartment was bad, dirty bad. You would of scored alot higher if it was cleaner.

We judged on a points system this time which lets the cars that roll in with the show cars have a fighting chance. Thanks to everyone who actually enjoyed themselves. We're just out there to have a good time, it's just plastic...$20 worth of plastic.

with that kind of attitude, don't be surprised at the lack of turnout next time. I realize thes people are coming at you with real frustrations, but when you respond with such snotty sarcasm, it certainly cannot diffuse the situation.

I know how it feels from both sides of the fence. I've put nearly 12 grand into my car since January, and after 17 shows this season, I haven't taken home anything yet. When I feel ripped, which recently has been often, I try to ask the judges what i need to do to 'up my game'.

however, when a trophy winner doesn't feel that they deserved it, and is willing to say so...that usually indicates some sort of issue with the judging.

my 2c - let's keep it cool ppl
Old 07-31-2006, 03:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by 2fast4you
Originally Posted by glortiz_99
Thank you Guys for a good show. Hey guys Do like I do, go to the show and don't expect nothing and u go home happy.
I had a great time. Thanks to Xclusive Scions for their hard work putting on the show.
my attitude as well.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:39 AM
5 Year Member

I Have to say this is an all time low for exclusives scions. By your remarks you can tell the lack of dignity your team holds. Its no reason why scinergy scv fell apart and why xclusive lacks in the member department hmmmm... seems like a trend it must be the president and vice presidents fault. But i mean how can we expect for xclusive scions to notice a good car and all the quality in the work when they really dont have any cars to amaze anyone. There standards are set so low as far as showmanship that someone can buy a car take the hub caps off and win a trophy(no offense to the winners) Im sure this will be the last good turn out exclusive scions will have for any of there events or atleast for the car enthusiast that actually spend money and time on there car. And for you ScvScions(who ever made that remark) all i have to say is
Old 07-31-2006, 04:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Whoa...I can't believe some of the stuff on here. I'd never come on as a judge and tell people why they didn't win and bash that simple fact. Lots of nerve...Good luck with the next show and the small turn out.
And to the guy with the JDM goodies, i feel your pain. But i could care less about a trophy imo, i built it for me
Old 07-31-2006, 04:37 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics

Originally Posted by scvscions
Thanks to everyone who actually enjoyed themselves. We're just out there to have a good time,

I had a blast checking out the cars

Really cool stuff
Old 07-31-2006, 04:44 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hollly ____ who cares if your car didnt place where you think it should have. Car shows are about a good time, if your modding your car just to place at ____ing shows your doing it for the wrong reasons...Xclusive had brought together over 100 cars and created a meet to bring the Scion Family together. Theres no need to _____ its not like this is Truck Jam, Hot Import Nights..its a SMALL show get over it..Ya and whomever the ____ Evo-TC is why dont you throw a ____in show and see how much ____ there is to deal with...Xclusive did what the could do and just ____in thank them
Old 07-31-2006, 04:56 AM
5 Year Member

Marvelous Scions
SL Member

IMO... My wife and I have just started to get into the "show" scene and we had a great time, beautiful weather and a beautiful turnout... Every scion owner was super friendly and extremly helpfull... The only thing I didn't agree w/ (like the rest of the people on here) was the judging... I am not talkin about my car since I just got in to the swing of things....

Perfect Example:I am sure everyone saw the Lambo yellow TC with the kaminari Body Kit, FREAKIN SWEET!!!! You are the man Bruce.... I mention this because the ??purple?? (not for sure if that is the correct color) with the same exact body kit and same tinting job as Bruce's, walked away empty handed... WOW!!! Yes the yellow is SUPER original but IMO the ??purple?? TC should have taken home something... There were a lot of cars out there that were under judged... Sorry for those victims...

But like I said this is my $0.02 and congrats to all those who did recieve prizes from the raffles and those who took home trophies...
Old 07-31-2006, 05:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Misterflipper
Hollly poop who cares if your car didnt place where you think it should have. Car shows are about a good time, if your modding your car just to place at flippin' shows your doing it for the wrong reasons...Xclusive had brought together over 100 cars and created a meet to bring the Scion Family together. Theres no need to biscuit its not like this is Truck Jam, Hot Import Nights..its a SMALL show get over it..Ya and whomever the flip Evo-TC is why dont you throw a flippin' show and see how much poop there is to deal with...Xclusive did what the could do and just flippin' thank them
(This is from someone on clubxb)
if your doing mods to win shows your doing it for all the wrong reasons. do it cause it makes you happy and it reflects your personality, not a rulebook!)

This is from me:
I agree on both of what they had to say.I'm not in it for winng trophies. When I was told by my dad toget rid of my tC, I told him I still wanted a Scion so I got the xB to fix up. Fix up for MYSELF! I don't care to win shows. What I care most about is making new friends that have the same interest as I do *SCIONS*. I don't care if people don't like my car because I appreciate having the friends I have met just for having a Scion. Thanks for everyone for being cool peeps. For those who did have fun, I'm happy that you did. Trophies are always the last thing on my mind. Yeah winning trophies are cool and all, but going to shows shouldn't just being about trophies. Its about spending time with your friends and car club members or whoever is out and also appreciate the fact that people took time to put a show together on a great day on the Santa Monica Pier. Just thank them for putting the show together and stop giving them a hard time about who should have won and who shouldn't have won. If your in it for trophie go to Hot Import Nights, Truck Jam, etc. just like Misterflipper said. I'm sorry, but just don't make this such a big deal. It was all for fun and everything. I tilt my hat to my President Jason and Vice President Chris and everyone else on Xclusive scions for taking a lot of time trying to put a nice show together for everyone.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow i got quoted on scion life now...im a freakin rock star! lol

imma start charging people to quote me.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

When I actually do something to my car, other than taking off the hubcaps, it will be for me, when it looks like my avatar, I won't give a **** if she gets a trophy. (but she prolly will, just cause it'll look good.)
Old 07-31-2006, 05:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by M2-Motoring
wow i got quoted on scion life now...im a freakin rock star! lol

imma start charging people to quote me.
I had to because the phrase was way true, I'll give your credit. Just for that, I'll buy you a Rockstar since you are officially a freakin rock star.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hahaha thanks lol well at my standpoint. ive owned multiple show winning cars..ive never built them w/ the intention of winning shows..i built them for me. that quote holds high to me to this day. when my xb's finally out of repo i mean impound i mean the shop ill bring it to one of your guys's shows. win or not i just wanna hang out.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

Ok, things have been stated and thoughts vented...

From someone who's showed a ton in the last year, judging goes a lot of ways and you take it as it is... good or bad.