Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 10:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
SL Member
Scinergy

Default California Sues Several Carmakers

Hmmm...Toyota is mentioned, amongst a bunch of other auto makers in this lawsuit filed by California today.
I just read the article, and thought it was interesting:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14926625/

Wonder if we'll all be told we can't drive our cars anymore?
LOL Yeh, right.
Nah, we'll all just have to pay even higher prices for our cars after this, since we'll all have to cover the expenses of the car makers lawsuits too!
Old 09-20-2006, 10:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

That's rediculous... it's not the automakers that are making the gases... it's the people driving the cars... they might as well sue every driver for driving too much and releasing too much pollution...

It's like sueing gun manufacturers for people getting shot...

ANY currently mass produced car will produce some pollution... and the more you drive it, the more pollution it will cause... thus, it's the drivers fault, not the manufacturers making them...

People buy the cars and drive them... thus, they should be the ones responsible if the cars pollute or such... then, they will drive the market to more efficient cars, as they won't buy cars that aren't efficient enough...

I think and effieciency tax would be a reasonable solution, but it's politically a nightmare, so never would happen.... it's easier to sue manufacturers and voters don't get ____ed off... but, put an efficiency tax out and have a consequence for driving a heavily polluting car, or super inefficient car, and you'd see the market change to better options, and the government would still get their money.

It's all political bull crap.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Please don't charge Everybody more to make up for this lawsuit. Just charge California. Don't make me pay more for them being stupid!
Old 09-21-2006, 08:13 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Frosty355
Please don't charge Everybody more to make up for this lawsuit. Just charge California. Don't make me pay more for them being stupid!

WORD
Old 09-21-2006, 08:15 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This kind of reminds me of the fat people who sue fast food places for making them fat. Such stupidity flows freely in the states and it's scary.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
SL Member
Scinergy

Yeh, it's so screwy...I mean, even when we breath we change good air into bad!
I wonder if the ones suing the auto makers drive their own cars home every night?
...and why are they breathing our good air?
LOL
Old 09-21-2006, 09:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by WeDriveScions
That's rediculous... it's not the automakers that are making the gases... it's the people driving the cars... they might as well sue every driver for driving too much and releasing too much pollution...

It's like sueing gun manufacturers for people getting shot...

ANY currently mass produced car will produce some pollution... and the more you drive it, the more pollution it will cause... thus, it's the drivers fault, not the manufacturers making them...

People buy the cars and drive them... thus, they should be the ones responsible if the cars pollute or such... then, they will drive the market to more efficient cars, as they won't buy cars that aren't efficient enough...

I think and effieciency tax would be a reasonable solution, but it's politically a nightmare, so never would happen.... it's easier to sue manufacturers and voters don't get ____ed off... but, put an efficiency tax out and have a consequence for driving a heavily polluting car, or super inefficient car, and you'd see the market change to better options, and the government would still get their money.

It's all political bull crap.
not that I disagree, I think it IS political crap. Sometimes i wonder, though, where the influence comes from...
http://www.sonyclassics.com/whokille.../electric.html