Notices
Regional - Rockies CO, MT, WY

Moving from Florida to Colorado..........

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 01:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Moving from Florida to Colorado..........

Just wanted to say hi to all of you! My husband, I and kids are moving in November to the Colorado Springs area (we think). Been on the internet like crazy, looking at towns, neighborhoods, schools, rentals, jobs, etc. I have learned alot, but anything you guys could tell us, would be greatly appreciated. Best way to learn a new area, is by people who already live there.

I am a HUGE Scion fanatic, don't think I'll ever own anything again, but a Scion. I'm on my 3rd one now, and it is by far my favorite!

Again, hi and thanx in advance!

L~Viki
Old 09-05-2007, 06:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Well hello there Viki. First welcome to Colorado early, are you looking at the springs because of job location or ? Hopefully you all will come out and meet all the fellow scion enthusiast around Colorado.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:49 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Just whanted to say hi and welcome i know that you will like coloardo there is a lot of good scion heads around hope to meet up when you come to town.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:51 AM
nnj
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

need a moving truck?
Old 09-06-2007, 11:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Welcome to Colorado!
Old 09-06-2007, 02:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
SL Member
Scinergy

Hey! Welcome to Colorado early!
Hope to meet you all sometime!
If you get a chance to come out and meet us, ScinergyCO meets at MC's Pizza on Saturday nights at 6:00, and then we usually all go to coffee or ice cream afterwards too.
My husband and I live in the northern part of the state, so we can't help much with what is or isn't a good place to be around the Springs. However, we have relatives down there, and some of the club members live down there that could give you more info. Our relatives like the Springs, and they live on the far west side of town (near the Broadmoor Hotel).
Well, good luck with the move, and let us know if we can help at all!
Old 09-06-2007, 02:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
SL Member
Scinergy

Hey! Welcome to Colorado early!
Hope to meet you all sometime!
If you get a chance to come out and meet us, ScinergyCO meets at MC's Pizza on Saturday nights at 6:00, and then we usually all go to coffee or ice cream afterwards too.
My husband and I live in the northern part of the state, so we can't help much with what is or isn't a good place to be around the Springs. However, we have relatives down there, and some of the club members live down there that could give you more info. Our relatives like the Springs, and they live on the far west side of town (near the Broadmoor Hotel).
Well, good luck with the move, and let us know if we can help at all!
Old 09-06-2007, 02:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
SL Member
Scinergy

Holy doublepost batman!
I guess you are double-welcome!
LOL
Old 09-12-2007, 12:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thank you guys, I appreciate the welcome! We are looking at the Springs, because we like Manitou Springs/Old Colorado City area, but it's hard to find a rental. I am going crossed eyed online, looking and writing, but most places won't even reply. I'm trying to read reviews on all the different neighborhoods/complexs, etc. I'm getting alot of mixed reviews, lol.

nnj~We do need a moving truck, been doing quotes online, seems Penske is the cheapest.

Is Scinergy the main group in Colorado?

I am so looking forward to snow, mountains, REAL trees and wacthing the look on my kids faces, the 1st time they see snow! ***PRICELESS***I was born in Michigan, but my hubby and kids were born in Florida, so this winter will be very, very interesting, LOL.

Thanx again for the warm welcome!
L~V
Old 09-12-2007, 01:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey, do you Denver people, think that Denver and it's suburbs would be a better choice than Colorado Springs? We're moving, with no jobs lined up. We're posted on Monster, but nothing yet. Which suburbs are cheaper than others? I live in Thornton for a very short time as a child, remember some of the area.

Any advice?

Thanx!
L~V
Old 09-12-2007, 01:07 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

You might check out Castle Rock. Its in between denver and the springs so you could work either place. Plus it tends to be slightly cheaper. Im a south denver guy so places like Parker, littleton, highlands ranch, but thats just because that is what I know.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I would say with no jobs lined up really go with something a little closer to Denver, surrounding towns and suburbs are great places to live. A lot of us either live north of denver or south of it, No one really live in denver itself persay.. Yes Scinergy is the main group in Colorado, you kids should have a blast in the snow. You will have to take some pics. Let us know if there is anything you need help with, most of us are more than willing.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Denver is a fantastic place to live. you're really close to everything you could ever want to be close to in denver.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I live IN denver. Denver county! Rentals are overpriced and scarce. Try the west side, lakewood, littleton, arvada. Aurora and Centennial are south and east, Parker is booming with apartments! and cheap track housing!

Scinergy is the most well organized club in Colorado. From what I've seen, I don't think any other clubs even meet?
Welcome! Good Luck!
Old 09-12-2007, 11:26 PM
nnj
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by gizmoviki73

nnj~We do need a moving truck, been doing quotes online, seems Penske is the cheapest.
let me know which city youre moving from, i'll get you a nice U-HAUL truck and beat penske's price, wouldn't want you moving your precious household belongings across the country in a frieght truck
Old 09-13-2007, 07:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

but you'll move em in a beat-up tow-trucj converted to box?

(just kidding, I have to interject, I deal for budget, But I can't get anyone good rates, sorry)
Old 09-13-2007, 02:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nnj
Originally Posted by gizmoviki73

let me know which city youre moving from, i'll get you a nice U-HAUL truck and beat penske's price, wouldn't want you moving your precious household belongings across the country in a frieght truck
We're moving from Port Charlotte, Fl. U-hual online said $1,122 and Penske was $772, big difference, and unlimited miles. We're looking at the 16' trucks.

Thank you!
Viki
Old 09-13-2007, 04:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I Live in Castle Rock and I Love it! Small town feel without being in the middle of nowhere. The town has been recognized in quite a few magazines for everything from best place to make money to best towns for family's.
I live in the Meadows and we have a "Meadows only" water park!

If you Google Castle Rock Colorado you will get a ton of Information about it.

Good luck packing!!!
Old 09-13-2007, 11:48 PM
nnj
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I'll see what strings I can pull to get you into a 2007/2008 17' U-HAUL at the same price as Penske.

which would you rather load? the UHAUL truck designed for household moving or the "other companies" freight dock height trucks

Just let me know what date youre looking at so I can get you rolling.

Dj - long gone are the days of "old" uhaul's. We now have more 2007 or newer trucks than budget or penske does total. why am i starting to sound like a sales pitch *hug*
Old 09-14-2007, 01:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nnj
I'll see what strings I can pull to get you into a 2007/2008 17' U-HAUL at the same price as Penske.

which would you rather load? the UHAUL truck designed for household moving or the "other companies" freight dock height trucks

Just let me know what date youre looking at so I can get you rolling.

Dj - long gone are the days of "old" uhaul's. We now have more 2007 or newer trucks than budget or penske does total. why am i starting to sound like a sales pitch *hug*
Thank you! What about mileage? What's the next size down, I really don't think we need that big of a truck. Biggest thing we are bringing is our queen bedroom set. We have to buy a living room set and a futon/bunkbed for our son, once we get there.

Thanx again, all of you!

L~V

Quick Reply: Moving from Florida to Colorado..........