Notices
Regional - Rockies CO, MT, WY

NOPI Car Club Registration

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 01:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default NOPI Car Club Registration

I went to the NOPI site to pre-register for the shao and it asked for club affiliation. When I clicked on the drop down menu to pick the club ScinergyCO was not a choice. I contacted them and asked them to add us to the list. They sent me back an e-mail form to fill out and send back. Here is the text from the form:

"NOPI MOTORSPORTS 2007 Car Club Registration Form

We want to thank you for being a part of the Show. If you want your club/website to be a part of our 2007 NOPI events cross promotion program, please read the following and fill it out.

What we need from you:

Copy this section and email or fax back with your answers.

1) Club Name.

2) Provide your website address (if you have one).

3) Club contact name, email address and phone number.

4) Does the club have a home location; is it a national club, International club or internet association?

5) Your expected number of vehicles participating in which event.

6) Type of club - (examples would be: Truck, low-rider, sport compact, JDM, etc) .

7) Would you display a NOPI event banner and link on your website through the show date that your club will be attending?

Would your club willing to distribute NOPI Event Promo Cards in your area at local Car shows? If so approx how many can we send you? What name and address can we send them to?

Thanks and Best Regards,
Mark Smith
NOPI Motorsports
mlsmith@nopi.com
Fax 404-361-0199

Go here for web Banners and promos.
http://www.nopiforums.com/nopibanners/

As soon as we get your answers to this form, your club/website will be loaded into the registration system. Please remember that none of this is mandatory for participation in the NOPI events. It's only if your club is interested in this cross promotion program. You can certainly register and park together anyway, just arrive together and let them know at Car Show check-in. Thank you very much and we hope you enjoy the show.

***************************************************************************************************************
NATIONAL MEETS:
If you’re planning on a national club meet or a very large gathering, we also have a national club/website web page that we will include your logo and link in also. If you have 30 or more vehicles pre-registering, your area can be marked off and reserved at the show. Let me know if this is of interest to you."

I guess I need some help filling this out.

1. Duh - ScinergyCO

2. What is our website? It is not currently being updated, is it?

3. Contact name. I thought this would be Nick but with him in Italy it might be hard to reach him. Anyone want to volunteer? Laurie? I can do it if that is what everyone decides.

4. Local chapter of a national club, right?

5. Any guess on our turnout for this? 10-20 cars?

6. Duh - Scion club.

7. No website to display the banner on - right?

8. We would be willing to pass out stuff, right?
Old 05-24-2007, 02:01 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh yeah, and BTW, shao is JDM for show.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Default Re: NOPI Car Club Registration

1) ScinergyCO

2) http://www.scinergyco.us

3) Thats Nick, see ScinergyCO contact sheet

4) National club started and based in Glendora, California, Local chapter based in Denver, CO

5) ~20 cars @ 2007 NOPI Denver

6) Scion

7) No

8 ) No

Hope This Helps
Old 05-24-2007, 07:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Talked to Nick before his flight. Updated my post
Old 05-24-2007, 08:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
SL Member
Scinergy

Hax's info would be correct...assuming we want to do the NOPI show at all...
That decision hadn't been made last I knew (since there is also the Car Toys show that weekend), and this one is expensive for entries too!
Maybe before submitting that info, we should get the Roll Call posted up and see how many we'll actually have showing at NOPI? Just a thought....
Old 05-24-2007, 08:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
SL Member
Scinergy

That decision hadn't been made last I knew (since there is also the Car Toys show that weekend), and this one is expensive for entries too!
Maybe before submitting that info, we should get the Roll Call posted up and see how many we'll actually have showing at NOPI? Just a thought....
Old 05-24-2007, 09:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by bsp-tC
Thats very true, we havnt made that decision yet. That is a great idea Lauri! We should map potential interest in both shows and see what we come up with first.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:46 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Well I can say with all honesty, that the majority of people will respond they would rather go to nopi thinking they will be on tunervision. But being I watch tunervision all the time and have seen perty much nada for scions, good luck and I hope we get some on there. My problem is I f'ing hate nopi as a company they are very hard to deal with if you have a problem with your order, and the fact that its a $75 entry fee and $50 for spectator and its a 2 day show, are you going to have to leave your scion in downtown Denver overnight? Or will you be able to take it home ?
Just my 2cents there will have to be a few questions answered before I commit.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Too late. I already sent it back. This wasn't for anything other than to add ScinergyCO to the club affiliation list.

I thought everyone was gonna do this one because Car Toys sux. Not the show but as a business. Either way, ScinergyCO will now be a selection if anyone preregisters for NOPI. Myself, I think I'm gonna do NOPI but I guess that would depend on whether or not I was doing it alone.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:56 PM
SL Member
Scinergy

Well you'll have to excuse me for not having the desire to show at nopi but i would rather showcase my xB where it can be appreciated and at Nopi people drive across states to show and my car is not at a point to compete with them. My car is about pleasing me i dont care if my car is on tv or not for a company i dont care for so at that point would love to go check out the show and would consider putting mine in the show if we go as a club since just going to spectate aty the show is only $25 less than showing i personnally would rather show at the car toys show cause i am not a rich man and 75 dollars is a lot to me since i just blew my budget on the xB and all the gadgets and goodies
Old 05-25-2007, 03:34 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have never been to NOPI or SEMA or HIN or any of the other larger national shows. Not showing my car or even as a spectator. I was kind of excited when I heard it was coming here and I thought the general consensus among the other club members was also excitement. I have never seen Tunervision. I couldn't even tell you what channel it was on so I honestly could care less about TV coverage and whether or not my car made it on the show. I would never watch it to find out if it made it or not anyway. I thought this would be a cool show where we could all see some different and bad ___ cars that we don't see at every local show. I haven't been to many shows here in Colorado yet but if it is anything like WI or Chicago it's the same cars at every show. The car show is always the same - only the location of the car show changes. And who cares about a winning a trophy everytime? I thought it was more about hangin' with your buddies on a nice day and seeing some cool cars.

Scott - I hear you about leaving the rides overnight and I would probably skip the show if that was the case. I will try and find out for sure.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
SL Member
Scinergy

I think we'll be skippin' it for the show part, and show ours at the Car Toys show on Saturday instead.
On their site for NOPI, it looks like the base entry is $35, plus about $30 for each category you want to enter the car in.
They have two categories that are for Scions, but are also lumped in with Toyotas and Lexus'. So, that means we'd compete with the Supras and various Lexus' also in either the Street or Custom level.
I'd rather show at Car Toys Saturday instead, and then go to NOPI on Sunday as a spectator or something if I wanna see the cars there or whatever else...
Old 05-25-2007, 04:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
SL Member
Scinergy

Ya, Mike, we feel the same way about just showing for fun, and we'll be doing that at the Street Tuner Mayhem show. We don't expect to win there either, but it's just a one day event and is at Bandimere too for less money.
If given a choice between the NOPI show and the Car Toys show though, we'll just go to Car Toys to show on Saturday, and then go to NOPI to check it out on Sunday.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^^^X2
Old 05-25-2007, 04:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

How much blood do I need to sell to get $75?
Old 05-25-2007, 04:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's $65 to enter your car and that comes with 2 spectator passes for both days. If you just want to visit the show it's $30 ($25 in advance) per person for one day or $50 ($45 in advance) per person for both. I understand everyone's gripe about the cost of showing your car there but it is actually cheaper to do it that way than to just go and spectate, at least if you are a couple or are bringing a friend.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Do you think it would be odd to have just two yellow xB show up?
Old 05-25-2007, 04:48 PM
SL Member
Scinergy

ACTUALLY!! when you list the cost that way it is a rather nice deal what have you found out about parking and showing for saturday to sunday is it stuck overnight or what ???
Old 05-28-2007, 12:15 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

As far as I know, Car Toys is still having their tent sale, but not actually having a car show anymore.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I had heard they were gonna drop one day of the shows this year, but now its both?

Quick Reply: NOPI Car Club Registration