5 Year Member
SL Member

Congrats bud that's super cool

Scion tC 07' , Scion iQ 12'
Old 10-18-2012, 09:08 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sciontist007
How did u find out about this what and who is all going to be there sema is normally some siccc stuff

Scion tC 07' , Scion iQ 12'
All the info came from Mike Gaebel who is the regional scion rep and he put all info on the clubs facebook group. He said that the SEMA frs is going to be there and that there will be a get together.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:08 PM
SL Member

Does anyone know how to change the user name? Mine-Heririck-is a combo of my Heritage and Rickenbacker guitars so not too relevant for a Scion forum. I know that I can do it if I create a new email address but don't want to. Any thoughts?
Old 10-18-2012, 09:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's the only way I know of. Herirck, the name doesn't have to match the forum, just the person... I wouldn't worry about it.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:34 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Hayes
That's the only way I know of. Herirck, the name doesn't have to match the forum, just the person... I wouldn't worry about it.
What? Me worry.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by Heririck
Does anyone know how to change the user name? Mine-Heririck-is a combo of my Heritage and Rickenbacker guitars so not too relevant for a Scion forum. I know that I can do it if I create a new email address but don't want to. Any thoughts?
There is actually no way for you or even a Mod to do this. It has to be done by a full up admin.

If it's really important to you that it's changed, you can try sending a PM to burstaneurysm (admin) or Sciond (assistant admin) to see if they can do it for you. Let them know that the Rockies region mod (me) already looked the situation over and gave it the go ahead.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:45 PM
SL Member

Thanks Hax!
Old 10-19-2012, 05:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Have we decided what we are doing on Sunday? The RMNP cruise or the Jessica Ridgeway cruise?
Old 10-19-2012, 08:36 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I vote the Jessica Ridgeway cruise. Its a great cause and it looks good if we make a strong presence at charity events like this. We need to do stuff like this it will help when it becomes the time to set up our own shows, people will know us outside of the Scion community as well.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:51 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Hayes
Have we decided what we are doing on Sunday? The RMNP cruise or the Jessica Ridgeway cruise?
The more I research the cruise for Jessica Ridgeway the more sketchy it becomes. For example Beckwith motorsports seems to be the main sponsor of the event and I can't find a website for them, all I can find is swimsuit modeling contests with their name associated and non of the other sponsors have any info on it up on their websites. also it could turn in to a party atmosphere and I don't think that's appropriate given what its for. As nice of an idea as it is I say we don't do the curies for Jessica, I'll call RMNP and get info on the roads. If we can't do the RMNP drive there are some good driving roads in the foothills around Fort Collins.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:46 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xB_Toaster
I vote the Jessica Ridgeway cruise. Its a great cause and it looks good if we make a strong presence at charity events like this. We need to do stuff like this it will help when it becomes the time to set up our own shows, people will know us outside of the Scion community as well.

Well said......YEAH BUDDY!!!
Old 10-19-2012, 02:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Heririck
Back from Ohio and still getting used to my toaster. First good news is that none of my older relatives in Illinois seemed to like it. Even my sister in law called it a "Banana Box". Second, I got back into my '96 Outback and was shocked at how old and tired it feels next to the xB.

Averaged 29.9 mpg for Columbus to Illinois section where the speeds are about 65mph. From Illinois to home, 27mpg at 70 to 75mph. Only picked up about a zillion rock chips as a windstorm stalked us a good portion of the trip.

After reading all of the complaints about the second gen. xB, they seem exaggerated to me. Dash doesn't feel huge, blind spot is minor, doesn't lean that bad! It is really noisy on the highway and basically gave up on trying to listen to the stereo. Could be the mostly worn Toyo Proxes 4s.

Also, thanks Shadezz for the offer on your wheels/tires but I'm still deciding on what direction to go with mods.

I have caught myself turning back to look at the Toaster after parking it. To me, that's a very good sign and a feeling that I haven't experienced in years.
Nice photo buddy!! Your Gold Xb looks sick!!!
Old 10-19-2012, 05:34 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by goldtoaster
The more I research the cruise for Jessica Ridgeway the more sketchy it becomes. For example Beckwith motorsports seems to be the main sponsor of the event and I can't find a website for them, all I can find is swimsuit modeling contests with their name associated and non of the other sponsors have any info on it up on their websites. also it could turn in to a party atmosphere and I don't think that's appropriate given what its for. As nice of an idea as it is I say we don't do the curies for Jessica, I'll call RMNP and get info on the roads. If we can't do the RMNP drive there are some good driving roads in the foothills around Fort Collins.
I liked the idea at first but from what Gold says it does sound sketchy. These money gathering charity things only have to actually give (if they are legit) a small like 10% portion of the proceeds to the charity legally and that in and of itself is terrible. I prefer the law enforcement downed officers fund cherity events myself. Good looking out Gold and sorry XB_Toaster I was jazzed for it at first as well however it sounds like a money gathering scheme under good pretense.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

For the record, I really don't care. I thought it would be a good idea, but if it doesn't jive with everyone, then we can do whatever else.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:31 PM
SL Member

Just got the suction cup mount for my GoPro in the mail..All set for video this weekend. YEAH!
Old 10-19-2012, 07:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I called RMNP and Trail ridge is closed after the first 8 miles. Bear lake road is now open and that's 9 miles long but has construction for the first half. so that gives us about 17 miles of road to drive on. Or what we could do is drive up Buckhorn Rd which is just west of Love land and it goes all the way to Poudre canyon Rd (Hwy14) than down to Hwy 287 or we can turn before that and go on Rist canyon Rd both of which are about 45 miles from the start of Buckhorn to the end with almost no traffic.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:25 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Would you be able to post a google maps of those possible routes?
Old 10-19-2012, 08:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'll try to tonight.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:42 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here's a map for the Buckhorn to Poudre canyon drive.

http://goo.gl/maps/8etZW

Here's the map for the Buckhorn to Rist canyon drive.

http://goo.gl/maps/jgOXs
Old 10-20-2012, 05:19 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by goldtoaster
Here's a map for the Buckhorn to Poudre canyon drive.

http://goo.gl/maps/8etZW

Here's the map for the Buckhorn to Rist canyon drive.

http://goo.gl/maps/jgOXs
I think the Poudre Canyon one looks a little more fun.

Quick Reply: Rocky Mountain Scion Club