Regional - Rockies CO, MT, WY

Rocky Mountain Scion Club

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 11:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They aren't good, but here they are:

Rear before lowering: about 7 fingers, but only one hand in for the picture.

Rear after lowering: I have 4 fingers jammed in there, but it's really about 3.5. I only have 15-20 miles on it, so I completely expect them to settle a bit more.

Front before lowering: I have 4 fingers in the pic, but there was more room.

Front after lowering: I jammed two fingers in there, but it's more like 1.5.

Here it is overall, this is on my slanted driveway, so it's a little wonky.

I am really happy. I got more drop than I expected, in a good way. The ride is phenomenal. I can't feel any more harshness in the everyday ride, but the cornering is much improved. Very glad I got the S-techs.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looks good buddy! You should get between .25 and .5 in more drop front and rear once everything settles. It will look sweet when they do.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks, I am really happy with it. I scraped on my buddies driveway already once today. I didn't have enough angle...
Old 01-09-2013, 11:32 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol I use to do that... My car cant go in my drive way no matter what angle I take. Youll be really happy once it starts to feel like a car and less like a soccer mom van lol.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am probably going to get the sway bars too. Eventually...
Old 01-10-2013, 01:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think the jimmy tent would be best

Scion tC 07' , Scion iQ 12'
Old 01-10-2013, 02:40 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just put the tanabe nfs on yesterday...sigh...after seeing hayes I wish I would have done the dfs. That s drop looks sick.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-10-2013, 02:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by LSBoogie
Just put the tanabe nfs on yesterday...sigh...after seeing hayes I wish I would have done the dfs. That s drop looks sick.

I wrestled with the decision for so long. It took 10000 miles to decide what springs to go with. I was going to do the DFs, but went with teins on a friends recommendation and the price. I am stoked. How much did yours get dropped?
Old 01-10-2013, 02:57 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sciontist007
I think the jimmy tent would be best

Okay I've had it with the tents. The only reason I had a problem with the jimmy tent in the first place was because in Dan's first post about it he made it sound like his boss was going to let us use the tent and not give anything in exchange, but since he will be getting his show entry fees payed for in exchange for having the tent there I have no problem with it. As for my monster tent i want to make it clear right now that well I'm not getting anything from monster to have it there I'm not being asked by monster to have it there ether, It is my personal tent that I bought on ebay and will continue to bring it to all shows that have room for tents.

Last edited by goldtoaster; 01-10-2013 at 03:11 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:08 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Hayes
I wrestled with the decision for so long. It took 10000 miles to decide what springs to go with. I was going to do the DFs, but went with teins on a friends recommendation and the price. I am stoked. How much did yours get dropped?
Slight. Advertised is something like .7 front 1.5 rear. Really looks more like a leveling kit but it did get stuck on the lift so I know it did more then just level.

I think another 1"ish f n r would be good but I was afraid as its my daily, I drive in the snow and I haul my kids in it.

Old 01-10-2013, 03:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hayes how long have you been on the forum what year is your box

Old 01-10-2013, 03:17 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Follow up question. Did your rear toe specs go out of whack after lowering? I picked up some shims today as my rears are .09 over spec now.

Old 01-10-2013, 04:04 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by goldtoaster
Okay I've had it with the tents. The only reason I had a problem with the jimmy tent in the first place was because in Dan's first post about it he made it sound like his boss was going to let us use the tent and not give anything in exchange, but since he will be getting his show entry fees payed for in exchange for having the tent there I have no problem with it. As for my monster tent i want to make it clear right now that well I'm not getting anything from monster to have it there I'm not being asked by monster to have it there ether, It is my personal tent that I bought on ebay and will continue to bring it to all shows that have room for tents.
Tent party!!!!! Who cares we can all dance naked under either one. You can join me under yours and then we can enjoy a monster under yours. I have about 20 cases of monster in our storage unit from a recent sponsor from Monster.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Slight. Advertised is something like .7 front 1.5 rear. Really looks more like a leveling kit but it did get stuck on the lift so I know it did more then just level.

I think another 1"ish f n r would be good but I was afraid as its my daily, I drive in the snow and I haul my kids in it.

I hear ya. This is my daily as well. Hopefully, I don't regret my choice...

Originally Posted by sciontist007
Hayes how long have you been on the forum what year is your box

It's a 2012. I have been on the forum for 8-10 months now (actively). I think we have met.

Follow up question. Did your rear toe specs go out of whack after lowering? I picked up some shims today as my rears are .09 over spec now.

I didn't have it aligned. Visually, everything looks ok and it tracks straight. I will get the alignment straight eventually, but for now, it seems alright.

Originally Posted by jandones09
Tent party!!!!! Who cares we can all dance naked under either one. You can join me under yours and then we can enjoy a monster under yours. I have about 20 cases of monster in our storage unit from a recent sponsor from Monster.
WOO HOO, naked dance under tent partaaaaay!!

Okay, things are getting weird...
Old 01-10-2013, 08:37 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Mine is dropped as far as the racelands would let me go and my alignment wasn't off at all. That's off that the springs would set you off that much especially in the rear you shouldn't have had to mess with anything that would throw it off.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

When we were doing the install, we didn't see anywhere to adjust the camber. I saw toe, but no camber. Is there a camber adjustment?
Old 01-10-2013, 05:16 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

No camber and only front toe. I'm going to shim the rear and see if I can get it into spec.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So there is no camber adjustment in the front?

If that's the case, I should be good to go on the alignment.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

My front toe was off (just on the left). my caster and chamber numbers are all still within spec. Both of my rear toes are off and since I just dropped a fair bit of coin (to me at least) on some new tires, I figure I "should" set the rear proper. Now, all that said, my rear toe is off based on Hunter specs and Toyota specs by .09" BUT I checked with an alignment tech buddy and his machine shows I'm still in spec by .01".
Old 01-11-2013, 03:31 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hayes....Your SW looks sweet now with that drop buddy!!! Can't wait to see in person!!

Quick Reply: Rocky Mountain Scion Club