Weekly hang-out at MC's pizza

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 07:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
SL Member
Scinergy

Yeh, he does! It's just an adjustment period for us both.
Even though we have planned not to come down (except for when there are shows), I think we could both use some time with friends right now too...
So, depending on where you all decide to meet, and Scott's schedule at the end of the week, maybe we can make it down to visit this weekend...
Old 07-15-2008, 08:11 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The Mominator is in town but we will try to meet up, depending on the place decided. North is better for us but we will consider anywhere else. Well, almost anywhere else. Depends on where we are in the state when 6PM rolls around.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:14 PM
SL Member
Scinergy

I won't be able to go this weekend... I have family flying in from AZ and Grand Junction for the weekend for a visit, so, I need to entertain. I should be good for next week, though.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
SL Member
Scinergy

Man, what's up with family taking precedence over the club, huh? LOL Just kidding. Hope you guys have fun, and we'll look forward to seeing you another time if you don't make it this weekend.
We'll text you on Saturday to doublecheck with you guys, okay Mike? We still need to get with you about those LED's too, ya' know? Besides, I still have T's gift to bring down to her.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:41 PM
SL Member
Scinergy

There Is an IHOP right across the way from MC's in the parking lot with the cold stone's creamery. I would suggest there since its close to where we would meet normally that way everyoen knows how to find us
Old 07-15-2008, 11:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

waffle house
Old 07-16-2008, 01:57 AM
SL Member
Scinergy

Waffle House sounds good to me!

So what's the deal about people finding us? If we post an address here people can just google it or use their nav to find where we decide to go.

I'm glad we're doing this!
Old 07-16-2008, 02:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how is this one for us this sat?

its in thornton off 84th and i 25

8401 PEARL STREET
THORNTON, CO 80229
Old 07-16-2008, 02:14 AM
SL Member
Scinergy

^^^ works for me. So 6:30 is the meet time?
Old 07-16-2008, 02:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

6 o clock at waffle house sounds good to me
Old 07-16-2008, 03:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

i vote MC's i gotta work and am not down with driving that far just yet.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:49 PM
SL Member
Scinergy

Sorry everyone I will not be attending if it is up north again this week (as this would be the 3rd straight week that i drive up there) last week it was an 84 mile round trip for me and only 7 people counting me showed up and everyone left less than an hour after we got there. I dont enjoy wasting my gas that way. I dont live up north and other than hanging out with friends i don't spend anytime up there. the last three weeks we have had a very small turn out for each meeting and i can not justify driving up based on the last few week's turn outs. Sonic takes place Friday night and that is up north every week. It was suggested on more than one occasion that we try another location for that further south and was always shot down. So if Friday night is always up north why can Saturday night not be held further south than 104th............ It seems every time we want a change of pace or something different it is always suggested that we drive north to 104th and not everyone lives up there. I Personally would prefer if we went to the BBQ place mentioned last week off I-70 on the east side of town. I hope someday we get to go as a group but based on this little argument that starts everytime we suggest something other than MC's I doubt we would ever go somewhere other than the MC's area or up off 104th.

I am not trying to create or start an argument. I am just stating my observation and concern. This is part of the reasons i stopped going to meetings because it seemed every week became an argument over where the meeting should be. So long as it was right in the area around MC's it always ended the argument. I beleive that is because the club members from up north didn't want to drive too far south or southeast and the club members from the south didn't want to drive too far north
Old 07-16-2008, 10:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How about this, We go to Randy's Pizza on 64th and Ward. The place has great food and great pizza. Its in the middle of everyone and i can see about us getting their back room so we can do what we want. They have a bar there too. I go to this place ALOT! and they have great food. So what do you guys say?
Old 07-16-2008, 10:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

did some one say pizza and beer im sold
Old 07-16-2008, 10:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
SL Member
Scinergy

Hey, that sounds like a good idea Ry. I like the idea that we can contain our club in a back room somewhere too!

But you know before you call and set up the room, or anyone else makes final plans for any other location or time to meet, let's see what Nick says (since he is our President and ultimately he decides each week where we will end up).

Hey Gman?
I totally understand where you're coming from on the driving so far thing, but I have to say that we have been coming all the way to MC's and sometimes even further south to club events for the past two years (almost every single weekend too), and I can't feel too sorry for those of you that live south having to drive up for a few weeks in a row to a location further north... I'm sorry, but I just had to say it. I am not trying to start anything either, just stating the obvious I guess.
Our drive one way to MC's is an 80 mile trip alone...and then anywhere else we go is on top of that. We typically drive about 160 miles round trip to come to meet everyone on Saturday nights.
So, maybe you should cut down on the number of weeks you come up if its getting too much, (like we have cut down on the ones we come down for this year)? Just a thought.

So, we're open for just about any place you all decide this weekend, just let us all know what you decide before too long, okay Nick? That way if a room needs to be reserved we can get it done early enough.

I'm sure we can all make this work you guys! Maybe some weeks the south people will be able to attend more, and other weeks the north people will be able to be there more... It's gonna be hard to please everyone.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not gonna start anything - how about you all post where you are meeting and we'll decide if we're gonna come or not. I've been painfully obvious with my choices and y'all know where I won't go.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Actually, on second thought, scratch that last post. Tired of the _____ing about this all the time. Y'all can fight it out amongst yourselves. I'm done and out. Peace.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i like pancakes
Old 07-17-2008, 01:27 AM
SL Member
Scinergy

This is funny! Why do we have to ague about this? Like Laura said, not possible to please everyone all the time. So let's be democratic about this and vote on a place where we want to go. It's that simple I hope.
So far the ideas are:

a - MCs --

b - IHOP acroos from MCs --

c - Waffle House Thornton --
1- MrE333

d - BBQ place off I70 --

e - Randy's Pizza 64th and Ward --

I put my vote for the Waffle House. Let's get votes going and finalized by tomorrow so we can decide whether we want to attend or not or if we need to reserve the room, etc... Let's be civil about this, it is not that big of a deal.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:38 AM
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by bsp-tC
Hey, that sounds like a good idea Ry. I like the idea that we can contain our club in a back room somewhere too!

But you know before you call and set up the room, or anyone else makes final plans for any other location or time to meet, let's see what Nick says (since he is our President and ultimately he decides each week where we will end up).

Hey Gman?
I totally understand where you're coming from on the driving so far thing, but I have to say that we have been coming all the way to MC's and sometimes even further south to club events for the past two years (almost every single weekend too), and I can't feel too sorry for those of you that live south having to drive up for a few weeks in a row to a location further north... I'm sorry, but I just had to say it. I am not trying to start anything either, just stating the obvious I guess.
Our drive one way to MC's is an 80 mile trip alone...and then anywhere else we go is on top of that. We typically drive about 160 miles round trip to come to meet everyone on Saturday nights.
So, maybe you should cut down on the number of weeks you come up if its getting too much, (like we have cut down on the ones we come down for this year)? Just a thought.

So, we're open for just about any place you all decide this weekend, just let us all know what you decide before too long, okay Nick? That way if a room needs to be reserved we can get it done early enough.

I'm sure we can all make this work you guys! Maybe some weeks the south people will be able to attend more, and other weeks the north people will be able to be there more... It's gonna be hard to please everyone.
Laur, I can understand that you have a long drive and dont blame you for scaling back your trips down here for club activities

I am not complaining about driving north I dont even mind it that much. My problem comes in when We all agree to drive somewhere and then to have little to no one show up. because it isnt what they wanted and they didn't cast a vote or make a suggestion. I want to know that i am driving that far because all my friends will be there not for the food at someplace that i could've driven a whole lot closer to get.

IT isnt hard to please everyone all the time it's impossible you can not please all the people all the time just simple fact. what we need to do is come up with a few places around town we like and make a schedule more than a few days ahead of time that way it doesn't become an arguement every time.

Take for instance Mikes Choices last week

1. Don't change it up, go to MC's done 2 weeks ago
2. BW3 - 104th & 36 done last week
3. Lodo's - 104th & Federal
4. Jim & Nick's BBQ - Shops @ Stapleton

let me add a couple of choices that we may or may not have done before

1. Hanabi - the Sushi place on wads and Quincy
2. BW3 on wads and belleview
3. ryan's choice- Randy's Pizza on 64th and Ward.

I am all for going to this place this week so long as we have a better showingf than last week

4.Hoke's BBQ & Country Fixin's 9134 W 88th Ave
5. Virgilio's Pizzeria Napoletana 7986 W Alameda Ave

I think maybe we need to pick a few and as they comeup we can decide where we should go 3 weeks ahead that way we know who can make it who cant and change based on availibility instead of quarreling over where every week

anyone have an idea that they might like this battle is wearing on everyone

Quick Reply: Weekly hang-out at MC's pizza