Notices
Regional - Rockies CO, MT, WY

what are you doing durring the blizzard?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 08:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Hey while you are strippin it out make sure you vacuum it out, might push it over the edge there, darn cheep japan steel.
Old 12-22-2006, 09:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My brother and his wife are sitting at home playing halo 2 online with me and my dad and my fiance! Sounds like a fun blizzard to me!! He lives in Westminister I think. Close to Thornton, where I was born.

~Stephanie
Old 12-22-2006, 11:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

it is pretty fun actually. the only problem that I am having is that I can do my job from anywhere, so I have no excuse to miss any deadlines. It's been business as usual for me.

the general downsides are shoveling and shopping. A lot of ppl saved at least some holiday shopping for this week, and now that it's starting to clear up, it's a mad dash outside. I am one of those ppl, but I am not able to get out yet.

the other shopping aspect is that a lot of ppl were not stocked up for a 3 day hole-up, and are running out of stuff. I personally had absolutely NO groceries, and even ran out of essentials.

so, that sucks. everybody's trying to get to the stores for one reason or another, and lots of the store lots are hard to negotiate.
Old 12-23-2006, 06:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Hey! That's for making sure I was alright! (grumble grumble). I'm glad my good friend Nick called to make sure I could still play my xbox.
To tell the truth... It was a very nice break for me.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cherryBox
it is pretty fun actually. the only problem that I am having is that I can do my job from anywhere, so I have no excuse to miss any deadlines. It's been business as usual for me.

the general downsides are shoveling and shopping. A lot of ppl saved at least some holiday shopping for this week, and now that it's starting to clear up, it's a mad dash outside. I am one of those ppl, but I am not able to get out yet.

the other shopping aspect is that a lot of ppl were not stocked up for a 3 day hole-up, and are running out of stuff. I personally had absolutely NO groceries, and even ran out of essentials.

so, that sucks. everybody's trying to get to the stores for one reason or another, and lots of the store lots are hard to negotiate.
Wow...that sucks. That's why I love living in California! Nice and warm, and when you want snow, you just go up to the mountains!! Ya, well my other brother is a driver for CocaCola, and he is really ____ed because there are 8 drivers all together, and only 2 are out, and he is one of the 2. That sucks. Driving in the damn blizzard while everyone else is at home drinking hot coco by the fire! Ha! Sucks for him, huh? Well at least it is clearing up before Christmas, so people can be with their families. I miss the snow though. I might drive up there.

OH, and a question I have always wanted to ask people that live in the snow with a Scion (especially xb)...

Ok, well when it rains here, my slip light comes on all the time when I am taking off from a light or something, so it doesn't seem to like the rain, but I am wondering...if it is that bad in the rain, what the heck is it like in the snow?? Just a question. How does it handle in the snow?

~Stephanie
Old 12-23-2006, 07:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

it's not so bad. they track pretty damn well. the problem i have is clearance.
Old 12-23-2006, 11:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Clearance? Are you lowered? What does it hit on in the snow that it doesn't hit on every day? Do you drive stick or auto? Because I drive stick and when I take off at a light (in the rain) the slip light in my car comes on and I spin the tires!

~Stephanie
Old 12-23-2006, 11:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

yep, I'm a stick, and i know what you mean about getting loose. has a lot to do with the driving style and the tires, imo.

What does it hit on in the snow that it doesn't hit on every day? ice chunks.

remember, we got 3 feet out here. the only stuff that got plowed were main (and i mean MAIN) thoroughfares. so - there's plenty of stuff out there.

when polyurethane gets cold, it is much easier to crack, and once those chunks of snow in the road thaw slightly during the day, they freeze into pretty solid blocks. it's pretty hard to tell whether it will be soft or not until you hit it, and by then, it's too late.
Old 12-24-2006, 06:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh wow! I only lived there till I was 6, so I didn't even know about that! That sucks. You should move out here!!! While you're over there HAVING a white Christmas, I get to do what the song says and just DREAM of a white Christmas!! Haha! But I sure do miss the snow!

~Stephanie
Old 12-24-2006, 06:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

snow is fun to visit , i lived there in cali for until i was 34. sure do miss the beach
Old 12-27-2006, 02:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

so,.. I hear we're gonna get another 2-footer this thursday?
Old 12-27-2006, 02:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
SL Member
Scinergy

Really? They're saying 8-10 inches here, but who knows? If it backs up to the mountains again, it could be more than they say...
We'll be bringin' the 4Runner to MC's again for sure...either way, the tC's not comin' out of the culdesac anytime soon!
Old 12-27-2006, 02:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

really that much again
Old 12-27-2006, 02:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

yeah, it's gonna be a while before I can get the xB out...

my neighborhood has ice canyons that could swallow a volkswagen.
Old 12-27-2006, 02:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

hahaha
Old 12-27-2006, 03:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Not looking forward to it....
Old 12-27-2006, 03:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I just heard the bad news too...I'm hoping that Matt hurries home before the snow hit. He CAN'T get stuck on his way back from Chicago (he'd have one unhappy girlfriend if he didn't make it back for New Years!).

But thank goodness for letting me borrow his brother's jeep! What a ride that's been!!!
Old 12-27-2006, 03:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have been able to drive the Tc and the Xb in this but just last night after the little bit of melting we got the roads are no longer snow packed. The roads now look like old wagon trails 2ft deep ruts. I dont even want to see the roads after this next storm. 12-18" is what I hear.
Old 12-27-2006, 03:36 PM
5 Year Member

damn! looking at these pictures makes me want to leave southern cali!!! man haha looks like fun at other states! that thing is beautiful..!!! i guess its cuz im not used to seeing snow lmao man.. i need to leave cali for a few years and experience 20ft of snow or something!
Old 12-27-2006, 03:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

yeah, i guess if the low pressure zone parks itself over souther CO, we will have a major upslope condition. if the low dips down into NM, we might skate this one.

the high country is going to get hammered either way, and that's where it should stay, imo.

Quick Reply: what are you doing durring the blizzard?