Notices
Regional - Southeast FL, GA

2nd Annual Scion Car Show at Old Town (Winners List pg. 12)

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 12:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

the only downside to this...and i know its a small complaint....but most of the raffle prizes were just for the xA and the xB....not one thing i saw was for a tC....i know we have a lot of xA and xB owners...but where was the love the for the tC owners :D :D :D
Old 04-24-2007, 01:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

2ND ANNUAL SCION CAR SHOW & SWAP MEET
AT OLD TOWN

AWARDS LIST

TC WILD – 1ST PLACE – VO FO SHO – ST. AUGUSTINE, FL.
TC WILD - 2ND PLACE – FILIPE MALDONADO – TAMPA, FL.
TC WILD – 3RD PLACE – DAWN McNALLY – PINELLAS, FL.

TC MILD – 1ST PLACE – JOSUE ROSARIO – WINTER SPRINGS, FL.
TC MILD - 2ND PLACE – HARRISON LOGAN– ORLANDO, FL.
TC MILD – 3RD PLACE – STEVE PARRADO – CUMMING, GA.

XB WILD – 1ST PLACE – OCTAVIO CASTILLO – ORLANDO, FL.
XB WILD - 2ND PLACE – ELIZABETH BLESSING – FT. LAUDERDALE, FL.
XB WILD – 3RD PLACE – HERMINIO VALENCIA – SARASOTA, FL.

XB MILD – 1ST PLACE – CHRIS HICKS – PINELLAS, FL.
XB MILD - 2ND PLACE – BRIAN CLAYPOOL – GAINESVILLE, FL.
XB MILD – 3RD PLACE – IRVING JIMENEZ – ORLANDO, FL.

XA WILD – 1ST PLACE – KYLE FLANAGAN – BOCA RATON, FL.
XA WILD - 2ND PLACE – DANIEL BECCARI – ORLANDO, FL.
XA WILD – 3RD PLACE – ALYSSA EVERHART – ORLANDO, FL.

XA MILD – 1ST PLACE – JOHN WILLS – DELAND, FL.
XA MILD - 2ND PLACE – JESSICA TORRES – NAPLES, FL.
XA MILD – 3RD PLACE – BRENT STOFCIK – ORLANDO, FL.

JDM/VIP – 1ST PLACE – CHRIS HAMILTON – JACKSONVILLE, FL.
JDM/VIP – 2ND PLACE – DANIEL BECCARI – ORLANDO, FL.
JDM/VIP – 3RD PLACE – SEAN ROGERS – ORLANDO, FL.

BEST SPONSORED SCION – NIKKI WHITE – ORLANDO, FL.
BEST PAINT – GIANCARLO MENDEZ – ORLANDO, FL.
BEST ENGINE – TONY PADILLA – KISSIMMEE, FL.
BEST INTERIOR – GIANCARLO MENDEZ – ORLANDO, FL.
BEST AUDIO-VIDEO – HERMINIO VALENCIA – SARASOTA, FL.
BEST UNDER CONSTR. – MARC SING – PALM BAY, FL.
CLEANEST RIDE – BRIAN CLAYPOOL – GAINESVILLE, FL.
LONG DISTANCE AWARD – GREG SCAY – CANTON, GA.
CLUB PARTICIPATION – KAD
PEOPLES CHOICE – CHRIS HAMILTON – JACKSONVILLE, FL.
BEST OF SHOW – TONY PADILLA – KISSIMMEE, FL.

Please post up if any of this information is not correct.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

before reading on, just know that this is not just coming from me but from some other people that were at the show. they didn't tell me to write this, i am doing this on my own will.

ok well i guess i'll start the typical complaining. someone has to do it so i guess i'll just come out and do it. over all the show was good. good turnout, great people and alot of fun times!! now the negative was that not all the judges were good. some of them had NO IDEA what they were looking at or talking about. i'll leave it at that. the other main thing i've heard was that people weren't in the right category. some that should have been wild were mild and some that were wild should have been mild. the only things i would change would be those two things. make sure everyone is in the right category and make sure you got judges that know these cars and the stuff thats done to them!!
Old 04-24-2007, 01:25 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

is this going to turn into the moroso VIP JDM discussion again.... just stop it here...
Old 04-24-2007, 01:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

1st Place - xA Wild.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i'm just telling you how it is. sooner or later someone is going to say it so i did
Old 04-24-2007, 01:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

well here was the thing...

there were two wild xa's yours and kyles, and alyssa had scored well greater than any xa in mild... and her score was ~15 points less than yours. and because we needed to fill that, we bumped her...

also, a few tcs that considered themselves mild, were bumped into wild... and one xb was bumped into mild....
Old 04-24-2007, 01:36 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Originally Posted by froubaby
2nd place xB Wild
I expect a hot box to have won 1st, if you guys got 2nd.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by RedLine_tC
the only downside to this...and i know its a small complaint....but most of the raffle prizes were just for the xA and the xB....not one thing i saw was for a tC....i know we have a lot of xA and xB owners...but where was the love the for the tC owners :D :D :D
ok the reason why there were no tC items, is cause i kept them all for myself... (jk)

I got scion to give all the stuff for FREE (yes no cost to any clubs or persons! Except the shipping which they paid for)!

tC's are not being replaced and so they don't have stuff to give away! They were going to actually trash all these parts, yes even the spoilers and muffler, and strut bar! so.................... That is where the queen B stepped in.........

I thought there were cargo nets for the tC's though, I could be wrong, but anyways.. cant b-i-t-c-h when its FREE now can you!

I do agree with the complaint on the judges, being that i have done my fair share of judging and learning from my mistakes.. Everyone is getting partisipation ribbons like in the first grade, so no one can b-i-t-c-h at who judges what or why is was that way.

mucho luv for u all !

B
Old 04-24-2007, 02:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea, couple of the judges were weak, some cars won that shouldn't have. Oh well.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by RedLine_tC
oh im sorry i will get right on this and be sure to tell scion thanks for the FREE raffle prizes but no thanks we really want tc parts next time or nothing at all WTF it was free man
Old 04-24-2007, 03:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by blimon63
before reading on, just know that this is not just coming from me but from some other people that were at the show. they didn't tell me to write this, i am doing this on my own will.

ok well i guess i'll start the typical complaining. someone has to do it so i guess i'll just come out and do it. over all the show was good. good turnout, great people and alot of fun times!! now the negative was that not all the judges were good. some of them had NO IDEA what they were looking at or talking about. i'll leave it at that. the other main thing i've heard was that people weren't in the right category. some that should have been wild were mild and some that were wild should have been mild. the only things i would change would be those two things. make sure everyone is in the right category and make sure you got judges that know these cars and the stuff thats done to them!!
Old 04-24-2007, 03:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 1SIKbox
Originally Posted by blimon63

No need to put up 21 of those little face things, he has a perfectly valid point.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

trust me im not complaining about not getting n e thing...i won xA mudguards :D yippie....what i was saying is that why didnt n e thing for the tC get given away...i understand the xA and the xB is going to be replaced w/ a new generation.... but still it would of been glad for at least some tC parts were given away besides the cargo net....

im just stating a point its not like its going to change n e thing.....i give props to ever got those items to give them out....its a great thing for the scion dealerships to show some appreciation to its owners...but i just said why didnt the tC get n e items beside the cargo net.....
Old 04-24-2007, 03:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

see this is the problem people think or swear they should have won something or got a better raffle prize you work your butts off to give a good show and try to make everything fair but some people fail to see there are other things involved in the judging process besides liking how the car looks it is about upgrades granted you may not like the upgrade that is done to the car but you have to give credit where credit is deserved if you have a stock interior and the guy has custom interior thats where more of his points may come from but you may gain it in other areas then them like stereo or video or wheels or body kit im sorry for the people that may feel they were cheated out of there trophy but remember the job of judging is a thankless job because almost everyone gives them crap just except that you didnt win something and brush it off and say there is always the next show DONT EVER THINK you have the best car out there because you dont there is always a better ride then yours out there so in conclusion thank you to all the people that were and are happy with the outcome of the show to the others OH WELL sorry you didnt win or get the free prize of YOUR choice
Old 04-24-2007, 03:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Although i didnt win any trophie, i did win an xb exhaust = )
Old 04-24-2007, 03:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Im going to explain the judgin right now.....

The judges voted on what they felt the car deserved ....us aka Don, James, Barry, Mike, and the rest of the ppl trying to get things straight had nothing to do w/ the judging.....

the judges were outside ppl who know the community

cars where judged by more then one judged and then they scores were averaged because the way you put it makes it sound like only some were judged more then once .... we had to do this to make it fair.....

some got judged high by one person the other judge lower so the only thing to do was to average out the scores from the judges.....
Old 04-24-2007, 03:39 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by etsnet
Originally Posted by GOT_TAcC
oh okay ... i know who's got the white/black tc..its the Team Fusion Guy right?
This car was nice from a far but a big mess up close. I'm surprised it was 1st in mild. Oh yeah, my car wasn't there so it's not like I was jealous cuz I didn't win like most people get.
Looks nice to me...
But I'll try to beat most of the Tc maybe by next year..LOL...
Old 04-24-2007, 03:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

We are currently accepting donations for next years show raffle prize pool for requested parts. Cough up some dough and be a part of the solution. Also, donations will be accepting to bring in and pay professional judges next year with the money donated.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:44 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SickleCell
We are currently accepting donations for next years show raffle prize pool for requested parts. Cough up some dough and be a part of the solution. Also, donations will be accepting to bring in and pay professional judges next year with the money donated.
No need to pay for professional judges.I can be one of your judge as long as we get free food for doing the judging....heheh =)

Quick Reply: 2nd Annual Scion Car Show at Old Town (Winners List pg. 12)