Notices
Regional - Southeast FL, GA

2nd Annual Scion Car Show at Old Town (Winners List pg. 12)

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 04:15 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I do know that there were judges there with the right creds to do the job.

Alot of yall arent going to like this, but IMO (it counts since I was asked to judge) if you have a car that looks like a full on race car, with a completely stock 105hp motor, then dont count on winning if I have anything to say about it. If you have a badass street car making decent power, but cant clean your rims for a show, then dont plan on winning.

One of the hot VIP cars wouldnt even open his hood til asked twice! When he did it was a nightmare. Sitting next to a car with less mods that was a completely clean and tastefull it was an easy choice for me. Unfortunatly I wasnt the only judge or there'd be alot more people crying after the show.

Put a hot looking street/race car together and dont forget the details like...uh...power, and then you'll have something. The cruzer guys had it all over the wannabe racers at this show. At least they know what their cars are for and exploit it to the fullest. It's hard for me to imagine someone actually spending thousands of dollars on rims, tires, body kits, ect, trying to look fast and furious, then buying a $30 ebay intake and calling it a day.

I wont ever judge a show again...it's a nasty thankless job that no matter what you do it will be wrong...did I get to hang out with my friends all day playing with cars???nooo...I got to walk around for 4 hours inspecting cars, taking notes, trying not to forget that I cant stand certain things and to judge fairly so everyone that deserves a shot had one.

They had an award for the biggest crybaby of the show, but noone had the sack to stand up and whine till they were behind their computors. I will be at Sonics Thursday if anyone has trouble with ANY of the judges or the very hard job we had to do.

Remember all the folks that worked hard to give you a great day. They didnt do it for the money, they did it for the sport and to have fun with their friends. Say thanks and bring a better game next time.

All that being said I had a great time, and saw lots of neat new things for our cars. It was a very fun show filled with lots of great cars and even better people. Next time I'll bring a car to compete with! Thanks for the great FREE prizes, and thanks to the club leaders and their members who did so much work to make sure MOST of us had a beautiful day.
Old 04-24-2007, 04:28 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

[quote="RedLine_tC"]Im going to explain the judgin right now.....

The judges voted on what they felt the car deserved ....us aka Don, James, Barry, Mike, and the rest of the ppl trying to get things straight had nothing to do w/ the judging.....

quote]

Way to distance yourself from the judging process...
Old 04-24-2007, 04:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

ok...i am because we had nothing to do w/ the judges on how they judge a car...

we just totaled up all the points....so drop the ____ bout the judging... the show is over o well..if u didnt win comeback next year and make urself known.....

the judges felt what they felt....
Old 04-24-2007, 04:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

i ended up cleaning the wheels later shawn

but yeah, you summed it up pretty well, yay.

so............ who's going to SE nats?
Old 04-24-2007, 04:49 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Car looked great Harrison...maybe next time they will plan the show into the evening so the lighting effects can be seen and judged. Might have been a different outcome.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:10 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I have some issues with the show...

The show overall was great. It was alot of fun, and I got to hang out with people I haven't seen in months. It was a great time to talk with people, get new ideas, and make new friends.

Everyone should love free stuff. I know that alot of things were for the xA, and although I have an xA, I couldn't even use the parts. However, I made a joke about it, and passed it on to someone who could use it. Its always fun to get something, even if you couldn't use it.

I do have a problem with the juding however, like everyone else. I know that someone told me that I could see the score sheets if I want to, and I may want to. As I was walking around, I placed all the xA (sorry guys, but at the time, thats all I was worried about), and IMO, I thought it should of been: 3rd - me, 2nd - silver xA, 1st - black xA. In no way did I think my xA was worthy of 1st Mild, and then be placed in Wild, without my notice, and be -15 under Beccari.. someone want to explain this to me?? I have rims, I am lowered, and I have some engine mods. I have nothing inside the car yet, and I dunno. I just don't think the judgeing was thtat great.

I know that some of the judges knew what they were looking for, and I thank you for your time and judgin results. It is hard work. I am not sure who is at fault for some of the things that went wrong this weekend, however, we shouldn't point fingers at anyone in particular, and we shouldn't try to push the blame off. I know that I voiced my opinion to Don when he was getting ready to leave. I will talk to anyone about the show. I am not hiding behind a computer screen and keyboard. I know my views on this show, and I know how other people feel. I just hope that people stop and think about the fun time they had hanging out with people, and meeting new people.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:29 AM
CXT
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Yeah what Shawn said x2

I volunteered to judge after being unhappy about judging at other shows, and trying to make things right. Let me tell ya it is not an easy job. A lot of it is based on opinions,and just like some of you may not agree on the winners various judges may not agree on the winners. Some prefer speed over style, some prefer a Vip/JDM style, some just like a bunch of shiny stuff.
My advice to you guys it put togheter a well balanced ride.
clean your ride, and clean it again, and keep cleaning it. Open your hood, doors,trunk.
Point out stuff to the judges that they may overlook.
And keep telling yourself. I may think I have the hottest ride in my category, but my opinion, and the judges may differ.
Mod the way like, not to please random judges.

I know for this show, all the judges did their best, and they deserve a round of applause.
I don't necessarily agree with all the winners, but that was just my opinion.
Would I judge again yes...............................but not The Old Town show. Why?

Cause I'm coming for your trophy.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:59 AM
CXT
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Don
I know you had a rough day out there.
Same time next year?
Old 04-24-2007, 06:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by CXT
Don
Same time next year?
Yeah that would of been more appropriate. My biggest thing with that car was it wasn't a two tone painted car, it was vinyl and it was peeling. There was a lot of stuff done to it but it just was done half-assed. Don't want to take anything away from him (cuz I'm sure he put some money into it) but maybe he should of spent a little money on making it done right.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:11 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Neothin
i ended up cleaning the wheels later shawn

but yeah, you summed it up pretty well, yay.

so............ who's going to SE nats?
\

I might go there =)
Old 04-24-2007, 12:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol.....people complaining about FREE giveaways. Did anyone notice the leather tC steering wheel they gave away. How much does one of those costs?

I didnt take home any trophies but who gives a crap.There were much nicer xBs than mine. Like theres not gonna be 20 more shows in the next couple months. At least it was a good day. And I got to hang out with everyone.

And to those that helped put together the show and to the judges. Thank you.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I can't believe there were so many unhappy campers out there about how the show went. Alot of work went into this years show. All three clubs worked equally hard on making it work. Don volunteered for the hardest and most thankless job of the whole even and didn't back down and he should be admired for that. We had 6 judged for this show. 3 were from the aftermarket and tuner side of the scions scene and all were very qualified to judge anyones scion, no matter how special you think yours was. 3 judges were knowlageable scion owners and enthusiasts and know there stuff also and bowed out of the show to be judges. Most of the cars got judged 3 or 4 times by the judge teams. Those score were averaged and that was the numbers we worked with. It was all numbers from there. If you got bumped into a different class (mild to wild) that was the opinion of the judges from what they were looking at. They were just trying to be fair and make sure everyone had a chance to win. We had 32 awards to give out and we did our best to try to be fair about who recieved them.

Raffle gifts? You guys are complaining about the FREE things you recived? You got free things that most likely equaled or far exceeded what you payed to register. Everyone got something and lots got much more. They were FREE!

Sorry for venting. We did out best.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Originally Posted by techick
I do have a problem with the juding however, like everyone else. I know that someone told me that I could see the score sheets if I want to, and I may want to. As I was walking around, I placed all the xA (sorry guys, but at the time, thats all I was worried about), and IMO, I thought it should of been: 3rd - me, 2nd - silver xA, 1st - black xA. In no way did I think my xA was worthy of 1st Mild, and then be placed in Wild, without my notice, and be -15 under Beccari.. someone want to explain this to me?? I have rims, I am lowered, and I have some engine mods. I have nothing inside the car yet, and I dunno. I just don't think the judgeing was thtat great.
i tried to, but you threw an attitude with me and walked away, if you want an explination, find it yourself...
Old 04-24-2007, 01:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

ya know what guys, have fun hosting the show next year... so that i can show up 55 minutes after registration is closed and cry and whine till i get my own way, also, im going to stand over your shoulder while you try to calculate your judging sheets, then im gonna wait, not till after all the trophys have been handed out, but till i get home to start _____inng and complaining about the show that yall worked so hard to put on...

think back, did you see a point at all throughout that entire day where i was out, enjoying the caqrs and the people that were there? did you ever see me just sit down and chill? did you see Barry or James do the same?

if you have any further complaints, please MAN UP AND SAY THEM TO MY FACE
Old 04-24-2007, 01:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

lets just end it.... the show was great! it got everyone to hang out... see new faces... see the same faces but hell i had a good time!!! met some cool people saw some sweet scions made good friends in the scion community and hell i was the only person there from my team so i was going solo and it was a sweet trip! i have never been to Old Town and i thank you guys for getting me to go there and having it be a scion show that i was attending!!!
Old 04-24-2007, 01:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'd like to throw in my $0.02...

What would you have been doing if this show didn't take place? Sitting at home playing video games? Spending the $20 on beer? Whoring it up on SL?

Sit down and shut up... you spent $20 to have a good time with friends and look at some hella nice rides. Go back 2 pages and look at all the pics if you missed some cars. In the mix you may have won an award and got some free products (that you can always sell to other members if you don't need them).

The judges were not paid to do their jobs. As far as I know they couldn't enter their cars in the competition either. No free prizes for them, no spending hours to just sit back and take pictures of the cars... so if you ask me, they got the ____ end of the stick Sunday, not the rest of us who entered the competition.

I've got 2 words to say... THANK YOU! It's not that hard to say... THANK YOU! Come on now, I know the rest of you can do it too...

PS: And for those thinking I'm not complaining b/c I got an award and I won xA fogs and xA mud guards, think again. The award will be going with the car back to the owner of the car. The fogs will be going on the xA of his mom's car (no cash in my pocket there). And the mud guards I will probably end up giving away once I find someone that wants them b/c their mud guards... how much can you sell mud guards for?
Old 04-24-2007, 01:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Originally Posted by CXT
Don
Same time next year?
thanks carlos...

i can think of only about 5-6 people OUT OF MY OWN CLUB that even came up and thanked me... and that was it...

justin, thanks to you and the wifey for helping me out,
carlos, shawn, charles, thanks for your help with the judging.
the rest of you all, SHUT UP AND GET OVER IT
Old 04-24-2007, 01:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey man it was an awesome turnout and a great show.... for the ppl tht are crying.. GET OVER IT....i didnt go out there expecting to win ( i didnt even clean my engine bay) but i did clean my car... i was out there to meet new ppl and hang out with the ppl tht i know and the reason tht i enjoy my car is the ppl i hang out with and every1 is cool and not D** ks.. the only thing tht i wasnt expecting was Harrison beein in the same cat. as me ( he does have a lot of stuff on the car) but i didnt care.. i was out there to have fun. If u are complaining about FREE GIFTS then u should have never kept them... we all know tht it was fun and i cnt wait to do it again next year..

THNX TO EVERY1 THT PUT THIS GREAT SHOW TOGETHER... and it was nice meeting many of u.. hey don i got ur back... ( did u see the pic)
Old 04-24-2007, 02:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol....Got me foglights/taillight overlays/mudgaurds/frontend mask/red pedals for the wife's xA.
You know Im happy.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:10 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by RedneckwithanxB
Originally Posted by techick
i tried to, but you threw an attitude with me and walked away, if you want an explination, find it yourself...
You hvae no clue on why I had an attitude. Yes, I was upset about the judging, but there was so much more. And how YOU approached me, I really didn't feel like talking to you. I didn't walk away, you got in your car and left. If you haven't noticed, I don't talk to you anymore, and I will come say this to your face if you really want me to. I don't have a problem standing up to you. I started standing up for myself, and all I get is "Stop being so ____y" Which you have yet to say to my face, but behind a computer screen.

I already said the show was fun, and honestly, the judging was my only complaint just because I don't see how my ride was scored that high. If it was because it was clean, then ok, and I give props to my parents and brandon for helping me take quick detailer to it at the last minute.

You know what, you are right, we will have a meeting between you and me, and we will get everything out, there is no need for this to continue on the forums. I am sorry to everyone for all the drama and stupid ____ that is going on. Once again I thank everyone for coming out and I am glad that I got to meet so many new people and see so many amazing cars.

Quick Reply: 2nd Annual Scion Car Show at Old Town (Winners List pg. 12)