Notices
Regional - Southeast FL, GA

2nd Annual Scion Car Show at Old Town (Winners List pg. 12)

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 06:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hip_2b_sqr
Jason, we will take you up on that offer next time. For sure! Are you still with Gauge Magazine?

We did have a good show. Regardless of what you have read here about the judges, we had a great time and most everyone enjoyed being at Old Town and having lots of things to do besides looking at Scions. We were right next to the 300 ft. cable swing and watched people plunge and scream all day long. Next year they will have the 3 story go-cart track finished and that will be cool to check out too. Hope to see you next time.
Yes I'm still with Gauge although I just opened up my Planet Smoothie store so I've been doing 100 hour weeks so haven't had a chance to take any photos lately.

The pics looked good and the couple of people I talked to that went enjoyed it. You guys always do a good job so keep it up. If people like you don't offer these kinds of events then there won't be any at all.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:02 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Can we have a RGB class??? lol
Old 04-25-2007, 09:23 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SickleCell
Ungrateful people. Many people worked hard to put this show on for you....and again...people complain about judging.

Throw a JDM show.

Next year we will just do trophies for the xA and xB categories as follows:

JDM xA - 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th,.....wait...only 1 JDM xA was there.

JDM xB - 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th,.....wait...only 2 JDM xB's were there.....

Amazing that JDM actually had its own category....wait...I see a complaint coming there....it was JDM/VIP...my bad.

Maybe the tC owners should complain more so we can get a performance category. I think there were 6 turbo tC's there.... One of which was producing well over 300hp.

Barry, James, Don, Brandy, and many others worked hard to put on this show for the scion community. Stop minimizing their efforts and volunteer to help plan next years show.
Its not about having a show for every type of class. Its about having judges which are well rounded in ALL the VARIOUS styles, and what entails them. Brands, quality, parts, etc....

BUT: What makes someone qualified for a judging position?

Obviously, I have too much time on my hands and love cars WAY too much. Previous luxury tunning shop employee, I study, and read up on things, I visit shops, I visit hang outs, and am actively designing cars here in Miami, ranging from your Rice bucket honda, to your out of dealership Mercedes CLS 63. With the clientel to prove it.

Someguy on here says he has judged mini-trucks and other shows. Thats a great candidate for a judge right there. Anything less than that, is not a REAL judge. A judge should have experience, and knowlegde.

Most important, they must recognize:

"QUALITY OVER QUANITY" As best put by the Style bB team up in Northern Florida.

P.S. JDM parts, are a whole different level of quality which judges are recomended to study www.therealjdm.com, or contact Ben Schaffer through them, so he can explain REAL JDM. Not this ebay stuff I keep seeing which puts a bad name on true JDM STYLE.

PSS. My user name is in no way stating I am 100% JDM, simply JDM style.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Originally Posted by techick
Can we have a RGB class??? lol
now where would i fall into this? about half my car is blue... but the other half is white...
Old 04-25-2007, 11:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Which car took "Cleanest Ride"? PIC?

and BTW, my last name, (Long Distance Award) is SLAY, with an "L"...

Might I also suggest a "Cleanest Engine Bay" award?

I had no problems with the judging...How many were there?? SIX, you say? hmmmmm
Old 04-26-2007, 01:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

well i was also a part of helping set this lil thing up along with barry and don and several other people and i dont know about them but im pretty much done with the scion thing as a whole i have never in all my years of throwing shows and going to shows saw a more ungratefull group of people it isnt everyone but there is enough of a crowd of bad ones to make the excellent ones look like crap as well so what you didnt win wow you got beat by someone that YOU felt shouldnt have beat you maybe step your game up or dont enter if your life revolves around getting first place get your game way up on a level that you wouldnt believe it should be or hope that no one else enters the show and i dont even want to get on the topic of the free stuff that was given away it was a raffle with totally FREE items and people still swear they should have gotten there choice of items GROW UP PEOPLE and learn to accept a loss because you will never ever be top dog at every show there is always someone better in your class so as far as im concerned throw your own show because im done with trying to make something good for everyone
Old 04-26-2007, 02:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by 1SIKbox
well i was also a part of helping set this lil thing up along with barry and don and several other people and i dont know about them but im pretty much done with the scion thing as a whole i have never in all my years of throwing shows and going to shows saw a more ungratefull group of people it isnt everyone but there is enough of a crowd of bad ones to make the excellent ones look like crap as well so what you didnt win wow you got beat by someone that YOU felt shouldnt have beat you maybe step your game up or dont enter if your life revolves around getting first place get your game way up on a level that you wouldnt believe it should be or hope that no one else enters the show and i dont even want to get on the topic of the free stuff that was given away it was a raffle with totally FREE items and people still swear they should have gotten there choice of items GROW UP PEOPLE and learn to accept a loss because you will never ever be top dog at every show there is always someone better in your class so as far as im concerned throw your own show because im done with trying to make something good for everyone
C'mon, dont worry about them, lol.

The show was awsome, and had a lot of sweet scions there!

" Life sucks, get over it! " - Use too be my quote, lol. Your not going to win everything people, and your always going to go to some car show were the judges are not the best. Thats the gamble you take when PARTICIPATING!

Shoot, Im happy i got mudgaurds! ( even though i won the TRD exhaust too = ) )
Old 04-26-2007, 02:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Whocares05050
C'mon, dont worry about them, lol.

The show was awsome, and had a lot of sweet scions there!

" Life sucks, get over it! " - Use too be my quote, lol. Your not going to win everything people, and your always going to go to some car show were the judges are not the best. Thats the gamble you take when PARTICIPATING!

Shoot, Im happy i got mudgaurds! ( even though i won the TRD exhaust too = ) )
thats how i wish everyone was but unfortunastly not everyone is thanks alot though and by the way pm me when you get the chance
Old 04-26-2007, 10:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Don't go that far. Look at how many complainers there are.....now look at how many people you had at the show. Would you say that the number of people there vastly out number the number of people complaining? Don't let a few people ruin what you guys do. You guys provide a great environment for Scion owners to show and enjoy and get together. You will always have people complaining about things. That's just part of life, you can never make everyone happy. I promise you if everyone on this site was given $100 dollars for free that someone would complain why they didn't get $101. Enjoy the fact that you still had a lot of people show up, had a good time and overall are getting told it was a good show. It's not easy putting on a show but if no one does then there won't be any to go to at all.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:25 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

What was the entry fee? I'll say, crack it up to a $100 the next time and let only the commited ones attend. We have lost shows due toa 'hand print' on the windshield, so give me a break. THE SHOW LOOKED GREAT based on what I have seen here. Be thankful and if you want to win, bring up your game, clean the f... cars like there is no tomorrow and spend the $$$, know your spot or just go watch and don't compete until you can. There is a difference between dreamers wannabe's and those who really have a passion for this sh..., Coño... estan del Caraj..., To the organizers, good job, do it again. I'll make sure more Miami folks attend the next time. We support you 100%
GREAT SHOW!
Old 04-26-2007, 01:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

first off I'm sad that I missed the show, I was in a wedding that weekend, it looked like some really nice rides were there, plus missing out hanging with my friends.

I read all the crap about judging and flash back to last year when I took care of the judging. every show people will complain. EVERY SHOW! from the smallest car show to HIN people complain. I got crap from people about how my crew judged last year so I knew Don and his crew were going to get crap. I specificly went out of my way to get people who were not associated with anyone in the show but has car show knowledge and how cars should be judge. it doesn't matter. if it was up to me to judge you probably wouldn't be happy with your score because I'm so **** about the small details. however the guy next to me judging may care less and just like the color of your car and give you high marks.

so Don and the whole judging crew you did a thankless job the best you can and that's what is important.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:44 PM
CXT
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

First off..JDMbB83 This is your official invitation to be a judge for next years show. Thanks for Volunteering.

We are gonna need about 50 more Crybaby awards for next year.
I think the problem with this community is that it is very young. You don't see some of the OG's like Barry, Squeege, Shawn or Eggie _____ing about not winning. It seems to be a few young punks (new to the game) that maxed out their credit cards and bolted on a bunch of random parts, and now are demanding a trophy for it.
In every show somebody has to win and somebody has to lose. The odds are you will lose. This isn't Kindergarden, everybody isn't going to get a Gold Star. Grow up. Quit _____in
Old 04-26-2007, 01:51 PM
CXT
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by violent_b
first off I'm sad that I missed the show, I was in a wedding that weekend, it looked like some really nice rides were there, plus missing out hanging with my friends.

I read all the crap about judging and flash back to last year when I took care of the judging. every show people will complain. EVERY SHOW! from the smallest car show to HIN people complain. I got crap from people about how my crew judged last year so I knew Don and his crew were going to get crap. I specificly went out of my way to get people who were not associated with anyone in the show but has car show knowledge and how cars should be judge. it doesn't matter. if it was up to me to judge you probably wouldn't be happy with your score because I'm so **** about the small details. however the guy next to me judging may care less and just like the color of your car and give you high marks.

so Don and the whole judging crew you did a thankless job the best you can and that's what is important.
We should just end this conversation right here, because one again Bill has summed it all up.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CXT
First off..JDMbB83 This is your official invitation to be a judge for next years show. Thanks for Volunteering.

We are gonna need about 50 more Crybaby awards for next year.
I think the problem with this community is that it is very young. You don't see some of the OG's like Barry, Squeege, Shawn or Eggie _____ing about not winning. It seems to be a few young punks (new to the game) that maxed out their credit cards and bolted on a bunch of random parts, and now are demanding a trophy for it.
In every show somebody has to win and somebody has to lose. The odds are you will lose. This isn't Kindergarden, everybody isn't going to get a Gold Star. Grow up. Quit _____in
First off, I wasnt at the show. Im just commenting on what Ive been reading, and experience with all scion shows. Second, maybe the OG's is the problem. Maybe you guys are still living in the 80's and 90's age of the game. And third, you cant generalize everyone as maxing out credit cards. Some people buy stuff cash, work reall hard for it too.

But, hey, its all good. Its all opinion. even my sensless comments are opinion.

What sucks is, that when some goes gives there opinion, and isnt part of the whole OG movement, its crying.

Im not new to the game, so Im not including myself in your previous comment. But if your so set on giving noobs bad names, maybe there is something up. Cars and styles evolve. Ive seen some guys at shows that should be driving something a little more mature than a scion.

And inviting me to judge, Id be honored. I would just like to see some of these comments spoken to me in person. I would be hated by many of you, but I would certainly look past a lot of BS which blinds judges to true quality.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:41 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

What am I still wasting my time for with you guys. Its like real dumb to keep on arguing online. With what I thought were mature grown men, but obviously, online anyone can fake a personality.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:17 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

no just stop talking about this ____.... dont bring out the worst in the show and if you erent at the show then leave it alone altogether... this thread is made to make positive comments on the show and share pictures and good times... if you wanna nit pick the show pm someone, call them, talk to them face to face... but just like with the moroso show 10 pages of this thread have been talking about jdm... vip and judging... take a look at the moroso post and it looks just like this one after the show...... DROP IT AND LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!
Old 04-26-2007, 03:32 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey guys...after one OG comment we are now a movement.

Please dont let this guy judge anything...it would be a total waste pure talent as he should be curing cancer or planning a trip to Mars
Old 04-26-2007, 03:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Originally Posted by JDMbB83
What am I still wasting my time for with you guys. Its like real dumb to keep on arguing online. With what I thought were mature grown men, but obviously, online anyone can fake a personality.
well then man up and say this shyt to my face... prove you got *****... you wanna roll bittch lets go... i didnt see you put in a lot of work on this show, as a matter of fact i didnt even see you show up... so what you need to do is shut up...
Old 04-26-2007, 04:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

KAD
SL Member

???????????????????????SHALL WE LOCK IT ????????????????
Old 04-26-2007, 04:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

naw...dont lock it...we're just getting our OG movement started

Quick Reply: 2nd Annual Scion Car Show at Old Town (Winners List pg. 12)