Notices
Regional - Southeast FL, GA

NOPI NATIONALS WINNERS (post your pics)

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 12:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Congrats Christie, and to all the other winners. There were some nice Scions there, not as many as last year, but still.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by David616
Originally Posted by ISmokeGuys
I was really upset that my car didn't win anything. I mean we were the only tC out there that was Turbo'd. I don't understand!
There was that white tC with the full kaminari kit that was boosted. It was located by the trailer that was selling cf aero parts for cars...

Body Kits are not Street Class. Secondly, why are "Booth" cars able to compete with the regular "parked in the grass" cars. There were only 2 T/C tC's, to which the other one was COMPLETELY stock besides a turbo.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by RedLine_tC
you mean rhythemsmoke..my friend tried to talk to him and he gave him a really bad cold shoulder...was kinda of a "butt" but that is what he told me

WHAAAATTTT!!! Dude, I think your friend was talking to the wrong guy, cause seriously everyone that came up to me and asked me a question, I was eager to either hand them a business card, or even start the engine to let them here it. Ask Steve (Rabbid_Lemming), he knows I was cool the whole time. Are you sure your friend talked to the black guy with the Scion hat on? Cause that's me. And if he did, tell him my bad, must have been the heat at that moment in time.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

that Black Sand Pearl tC with the ZPi turbo...i really wanted to talk to the owner but no one was near to be found or to ask...

good job guys and gals. i enojyed the show. and congrats to everyone who placed.

You can talk to me now...lol. I must have been out somewhere getting food, or photos. Then again, Misti was there too, but I guess most people looked at her and thought (it's a girl), not knowing she is the one that drives it everyday and actually own it.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
you mean rhythemsmoke..my friend tried to talk to him and he gave him a really bad cold shoulder...was kinda of a "butt" but that is what he told me

WHAAAATTTT!!! Dude, I think your friend was talking to the wrong guy, cause seriously everyone that came up to me and asked me a question, I was eager to either hand them a business card, or even start the engine to let them here it. Ask Steve (Rabbid_Lemming), he knows I was cool the whole time. Are you sure your friend talked to the black guy with the Scion hat on? Cause that's me. And if he did, tell him my bad, must have been the heat at that moment in time.
thats all that he said to me...i dont know for sure, i was going to ask you bout the turbo but didnt have time
Old 09-20-2006, 02:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Right.... Travis your one of the nicest people I have ever met and talked to in my life... Had to have been some one else..

But congrats to all the Scion winners at NOPI...sorry I had to miss it...but there is always next year.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Albiet we did not come away with a trophy, but we did get an envelope from Corbeau Racing. The letter inside read to the effect of us meeting their sponsorship criteria. That their offer stands for 1 week, and for us to contact them for some hella discounts on their products. I do not believe it's free gear, but it will be discounted below normal pricing that everyone else gets (partial sponsorship I reckon).
Old 09-20-2006, 02:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Albiet we did not come away with a trophy, but we did get an envelope from Corbeau Racing. The letter inside read to the effect of us meeting their sponsorship criteria. That their offer stands for 1 week, and for us to contact them for some hella discounts on their products. I do not believe it's free gear, but it will be discounted below normal pricing that everyone else gets (partial sponsorship I reckon).
Awsome what kind of stuff/ products do they offer? You can PM me that info..so we dont take over this thread.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

^^^^^^

Yeah Travis was really chill. I came up to him and his crew, and they were all nice as hell. Then they killed a hooker and put her in Travi's trunk.....j/k. Serioudly though, within minutes of formally meeting Travis, we were buggin out and laughing.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by ProshopXB
Awsome what kind of stuff/ products do they offer? You can PM me that info..so we dont take over this thread.
Soon....Only with a red insert.

Old 09-20-2006, 04:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

ugh... i would ask for an adjustable one...

true racing seats are a major PITA in a daily driver
Old 09-20-2006, 04:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Neothin
ugh... i would ask for an adjustable one...

true racing seats are a major PITA in a daily driver

At some point in time, this car will no longer be daily driven. The non-reclineable seats are still confortable to begin with. Not to mention, are a lot lighter than the reclineable ones. 30lbs vs. 16lbs. Our car's focus is going fast. Be it by saving weight, or by more power. I want to save as much weight as possible, hence the reason for the non-reclineable ones.

PS...we have a true racing car, need true racing seats don't ya think?
Old 09-21-2006, 01:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by WagenMaster
Congrats Christie, and to all the other winners. There were some nice Scions there, not as many as last year, but still.
Than ks Robert! It was a blast to hear my name called! :D
Old 09-21-2006, 02:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was really upset that my car didn't win anything. I mean we were the only tC out there that was Turbo'd. I don't understand!
There was that white tC with the full kaminari kit that was boosted. It was located by the trailer that was selling cf aero parts for cars...

Body Kits are not Street Class. Secondly, why are "Booth" cars able to compete with the regular "parked in the grass" cars. There were only 2 T/C tC's, to which the other one was COMPLETELY stock besides a turbo.
Something that is bolted on can still be considered street. Unless it was molded on a body kit isn't a huge mod so they are still able to be street. Secondly, booth cars are able to compete b/c they are just like everyone else. They've just been asked to be in a booth by some of the companies. A lot of companies ask people at the show to be in their booth and have nothing set up before hand. Others are pre-sponsored and that's just the way shows up.

Also when it comes to Nopi the judges don't pay attention to the cars they just read what's on the tag and go. For example a friend of mine got second place in Nopi Chic Acura Integra..... in a Ford f350. So don't take to much into Nopi judges screwing something up as it happens a lot when you judge that many cars.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^^^That's crazy..lol I guess I was just expecting to walk away with at least something and I didn't..oh well always next year right?
Old 09-21-2006, 03:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by ProjectFusion

Something that is bolted on can still be considered street. Unless it was molded on a body kit isn't a huge mod so they are still able to be street. Secondly, booth cars are able to compete b/c they are just like everyone else. They've just been asked to be in a booth by some of the companies. A lot of companies ask people at the show to be in their booth and have nothing set up before hand. Others are pre-sponsored and that's just the way shows up.

Also when it comes to Nopi the judges don't pay attention to the cars they just read what's on the tag and go. For example a friend of mine got second place in Nopi Chic Acura Integra..... in a Ford f350. So don't take to much into Nopi judges screwing something up as it happens a lot when you judge that many cars.

The description for the Street class actually stated...No Body Kits. Be it bolted on, or molded, that's what I took it as, No body kits.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well by Nopi's definition a Turbo'd car shouldn't be street either b/c that's not considered a minor bolt on. So be glad you weren't in Custom.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Well by Nopi's definition a Turbo'd car shouldn't be street either b/c that's not considered a minor bolt on. So be glad you weren't in Custom.

Apparently it wouldn't have made any difference, We didn't win anything anyway....Well, unless you don't count the partial Sponsorship we recieved from Corbeau Racing.
Old 09-21-2006, 04:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Apparently it wouldn't have made any difference, We didn't win anything anyway....Well, unless you don't count the partial Sponsorship we recieved from Corbeau Racing.
HAHA trust me that's worth way more then a trophy. You definatly came out winning from that.
Old 09-21-2006, 04:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^yeah, we need some more where that came from. (Anyone want to full/partial sponsor us for a Roll Cage?)...

Quick Reply: NOPI NATIONALS WINNERS (post your pics)