Notices
Regional - Southeast FL, GA
View Poll Results: Should we make a "What ya bringing list"?
Yes
40.00%
No
40.00%
Undecided
20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Scion Evo SO FLA Official BBQ Bash

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 03:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Default Scion Evo SO FLA Official BBQ Bash

It's that time again and back by popular demand the 2nd annual bbq bash! I have been listening to the suggestions thrown out by our members as to where to have it and why we should have it. So upon much thought we have come up with a central location for both chapters to get together a have an awesome time.

**********This is a member & family event***********

Markham Park
• Location: 16001 West State Road 84, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33326
• Neighborhood: Fort Lauderdale
• Phone: 954.389.2000
• Fax: 954.389.2019
• Hours: Daily: Winter 8am-6pm; Summer 8am-7:30pm
• Cost: $1 per person (over 5 years)
• Web: http://www.co.broward.fl.us/parks
* Date : April 22nd, 2006

Don't get discouraged by the address it is right off of 75 so it is very easy to get to & the best part is that we won't have to fight for parking thank goodness.

Lets make this our best BBQ Bash ever!
Games will be planned for the day!

We must decide still if we should start a list of who will bring what or if we should start a collection to just go buy what we need for the BBQ.

********************Park Features***************************
Markham Park is a 666 acre park on the edge of the Everglades Conservation Area. Outdoor activities abound at this park, including fishing,
boating, swimming, skeet shooting, stargazing
tennis, camping, volleyball, biking, hiking, horseback riding, and picnicking.

Freshwater fishing is available in the park's interlocking lake system. Boats (canoes and paddleboats) can be rented Monday to Friday 10am-4pm, and weekends from 10am-5pm. The fee for boat rental is $7 per hour. There is also a lake set aside only for jet skis (no rentals, so bring your own).

Bikes can be rented for daily use on the paved trails for $4 per hour. There are paved trails and off-road trails to suit beginner to expert bikers.

Swimming is offered at the Core Island Swimming Pool Complex, complete with mist pool, snack bar, showers and lockers. Swimming is available from late February to mid-June, Saturdays and Sundays from 10am-5pm. From mid-June to Labor Day the pool is open daily from 10am-6pm, and the entrance fee is $2 per person. Swimming lessons are offered Monday to Thursday starting mid-May for $45 per session. Call 954.389.2000, ext. 227, for more information.

The campground offers options for RV or tent camping. To make a reservation call the camping office Saturdays and Sundays from 8am-6pm. Camping rates vary from $17 per night for tent camping only to $19 per night for full hook up (water, electric, and sewer for RV's).

A target range is available here, with an adjoining clubhouse available for rent. This is the biggest target range is South Florida, offering skeet shooting ranges, target ranges, and a hunting trail. The clubhouse is adjacent to the range, so isn't appropriate for rental unless you really enjoy noise! For more information call 954.389.2005.

The Fox Observatory is open every Saturday evening for stargazing, and admission is free.

The Model Airplane Field offers regular club events. Entrance is free, so you can check out these radio control planes doing their stuff, or fly your own if you have one. Check our calendar for details.

Nature trails adjacent to the Everglades are terrific, and a self-guided trail booklet is available at the entrance gate. The course is 1.5 miles long (out and back would be a three mile trek) so plan accordingly. Yes, it's the Everglades and you'll see the fauna of this system, including gators. Don't worry, stay on the trail, and you'll be fine!

Picnic areas are plentiful, and shelters can be rented for parties. Small (24 people - $60 weekends and $30 weekdays), medium (50 people - $85 weekends and $40 weekdays) and large (70 people - $135 weekends and $60 weekdays) shelters are available. These must be reserved in advance and in person.

Horseback riding trails are available, but there are no on-site horses available for use.

Getting There: From I-95 head west on I-595. Exit on NW 136th Avenue and go west on State Road 84. The park is on the right. From the Turnpike, head west on I-595 and exit to NW 136th Avenue and go west on State Road 84. The park is on the right
Old 02-07-2006, 04:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I am all for a handful of people that collect the money who are in charge of the purchases....it makes things easy and more organized.....this way $5 or $10 bucks is all you have to do and then everyone can help setup and take down....if we go the list route and someone forgets or doesnt show....then we miss out on whatever they we bringing!!!
Plus the collection of money is a accurate way to get a count of the people who are more than likely come!! just a suggestion
Old 02-07-2006, 05:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

collection i agree with fsu1dolfan
Old 02-08-2006, 12:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

A collection would be awesome, we could also decide the menu in advance so we do not waste money on un eaten items, like soy burgers ..
Old 02-08-2006, 11:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by trikkonceptz
A collection would be awesome, we could also decide the menu in advance so we do not waste money on un eaten items, like soy burgers ..
Ohh yummy!!!
Old 02-08-2006, 10:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

sounds like fun.... i'll wear lotion this time.. i was fried to a crisp last time.....

plus.... there's been an addition to the family.....
shhhhhh.. it's a secret...
Old 02-11-2006, 05:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I say make a collection + encourage to bring small stuff like chips, salsa, and stuff of that nature make the collection for the main stuff like meat for example what do u guys think