Notices
Regional - Southeast FL, GA

Scion Showdown Car Show Deland, FL

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 01:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was just wondering what the entrance fee is, I have never entered my car in a show before, but I would like to start sometime since I think I have done enough to it to at least have a chance
Old 04-11-2010, 01:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
Scikotics
SL Member
Premium Member

Its just fun to be in a show, no matter what you've done to your car... rolling stock is perfectly acceptable way to show up.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_P
I was just wondering what the entrance fee is, I have never entered my car in a show before, but I would like to start sometime since I think I have done enough to it to at least have a chance
No fee for this show. In fact they are giving a $25 gift card to the first 20+ that show up and register.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:18 PM

Thanks for the responses! Gas cards are going to be given out at exactly at 4pm but you're welcome to come early to wait in line. Judging will start around 5:30 and trophy ceremonies with begin around 7. There is also going to be free food and entertainment by DJ Chino. Deland is right off of I-4, about 30 minutes from Orlando. We're really excited about this event! If you have anymore questions please contact Brittani Preschel at bjppowerhouse@gmail.com.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by etsnet
I think I'm done with the small shows until best xB2 is added (at least bringing the xB). It's not worth the time or gas/money to with out a doubt not go home with anything. Let's face it, the xB1 has been out forever and has 1000 times more things to do to it and parts for it. It would cost short of a small fortune for an xB2 to beat an xB1.

Just call me a trophy *****. I admit it and proud of it. I take pride in my cars to make them worth the trophies they win.

I do not like to spend money to go to a show have no chance at wining when I can spend that on another mod. Well I do like the big shows, they are worth it. Most these shows are lucky to see an xA or xD (if at all) but the xB2's come out just as much as the xB and tC's.

I just want to add I do all my work but paint (bodykits and car) but that will change soon since I can't seem to find a decent painter. Oh and I don't mount and balance my tires cuz I don't have a machine, oh and weld (yet).

I don't know why I keep going on, it's late and...

Thats why having a gen2 is better. You can take a car with limited options and be creative. You can beat gen1's, i do, but Sometimes i lose to total trash but who cares. Thats the fun in it. I see the most common mistake in gen2 owners is putting $ into alot of small mods insted of a few bigger good mods. Just cause you have a list of 20 mods that consist of led gauge swaps, hid blinkers and painted dash peices does not mean you will win, more times than not a car witha few good mods (nice rims, suspension and maybe a lip or something, will win over a car with a bunch of little mods rocking steelies or painted hubcaps. And gen2 owners need to relax with the "accent color thing", just cause there are 30 things you can paint lime green on your car dosent mean you should. But i agree in a way, Yes some shows like exposed should have gen1 and 2 but they dont. Trophys are cool but you dont get paid to win them so relax and enjoy the show.

Do you mod your car to win trophys or do you mod it cause you like to do so?

Do you do mods that you like or mods you think other people or judges will like?

Not everybody is gonna like your car, but who the hell cares, its yours and as long as you like it, then F them.

BTW, i dont know what you drive (obviously a gen2) but the mod things listed above wernt about you, just gen2's in general. Thats why there is so much compalining about 2 classes in my opinion.

Maybe ill make this show,
I better win something......haha jk
Old 04-16-2010, 07:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by DoughboyGT
Do you mod your car to win trophys or do you mod it cause you like to do so?

Do you do mods that you like or mods you think other people or judges will like?

Not everybody is gonna like your car, but who the hell cares, its yours and as long as you like it, then F them.
I'm a trophy ***** I admit it but I mod my car for me. I like winning cuz I spend a lot of time making my cars into what they are and it's a nice reward for all the work. It's some what of a sport to me. I don't mod cuz I think a judge will like it... trust me I've seen what some judges seem to like and that's a 42" tv someone took from their living room and threw in the back.lol

I know there's probably 80-90% of these people at these shows that want to win. More then half won't admit it. I've seen them lose and get ____ed even if they've won 30 others. Me, I don't mind losing as long as it's to someone that deserves it. I can usually know if I'll win within the first few minutes after most have arrived.

BTW, the gen2 is the wife's and I have a tC. I do seem to be driving the xB more and more.LOL

Oh and about the painted parts... so true so true.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

nice to see some people out there
Old 04-28-2010, 01:09 AM
SL Member

anyone take pics??