Regional - Southeast FL, GA

TRIP 2 MOROSO II [CANCELLED]

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 03:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

WHAT?! youre kidding... please tell me ure kidding...

dude, i wanna call u to see if ure bs'in but its kinda late... lol.

ThIs ThReAd Is WoRtHlEsS WiThOuT PiCs! (where's that stupid graphic?)

lol.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

pick up ur phone pete!
Old 11-07-2006, 11:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

so wat happened wats goin on??
Old 11-07-2006, 11:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

1UP Crew
SL Member

I CANT TAKE THE SUSPENSE!!!!... WHATS GOING ON?!
Old 11-07-2006, 05:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

he found a dead fly on his bumper..no biggie lol
Old 11-07-2006, 05:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by badseed305
he found a dead fly on his bumper..no biggie lol
no thats not what it is and sorry i havent picked up bro ive been trying to get parts and scamble to fix my car.. nothing i cant handle.. but its bad.. not my fault though. i blame toyota on this faillure.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

anyone wana watch me perform surgury lol..
Old 11-07-2006, 09:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

damn bro, can u just tell us wut happend?
Old 11-07-2006, 09:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

^^^yea!!!, wat he said!!! =)
Old 11-07-2006, 09:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

K FINE.. lol.. i was leaving the doral meet. ( mind u my car was running awesome but still very rich) having 2 kills before i got to the meet my car was super hot so i chilled and let her cool down.. my EGTs were high so i popped the hood to cool off and wondered why they were so high.. anyways i was going to tackle that later (nothing major easy fix)..i chilled at the meet.. was on 25th street going home.. when around 92ave my car starts to sputter and i smell gas and burning.. i slowed down to pull into the gas station to check it out when i hear a loud backfire pop and my car dies.. start it up again it wouldnt turn on and i got a check engine light.. so i called a homie and we bought a scanner at a 24/ hour autozone.. came back check the codes.. MAF sensor and missfire... pingus..

after about an hour of inspection i found that the MAF was burned out in the inside and the wires after the clip were burned.. MAF sensor must have still been hot and melting away in my intake. and after taking out the spark plugs 1 was burned and # 3 cyclinder was full of gas. the sparkplug must have burned or missfireing or not enough gap to produce spark and basically in combo with the MAF dumped fuel after fuel after fuel which caused me to stall...

i went to toyota this morning and complained and after a few hours got a new MAF sensor from another scion delership (thank god it was in stock) so i fixed that..then i went ahead and bought a sark plug gap checker.. regaped the other 3 plugs and bought 1 new one.. after that i let the cyclinder dry up with the raining gas and pumped what i could out so it would be nice a free of gas.

put everything back togeth.. vuala no prob and no cell.. went to work chilling.. and have not had a problem so far. ill be seeing what happens on the drive home as thats a more longer and higher speed drive then palmetto in the mid day..(never broke 50mph)

i think my sensor came defective judging at the way the wires got shorted out.. also these cars have major heat soak.. so ill be looking into getting some heat wrap for the aftermarket injen. the plastic one is fine for u stock guys.. but i suggest if u do any heavy modding like i have. to get some heat wrap..especially since the injen in made of metal.. i thought i had dropped a valve by the sound of the pop.. but all is fine lol.. stupid toyota MAF lol..

BTW i got some more kills under my belt lol.. cobalt and old maxima went down in a blaze of glory lol.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

damn that sux pete, but glad to hear the tc is alive with a couple extra kills......good thing that didnt happen to me the tc would still be there....lol.....
Old 11-07-2006, 10:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I'll try to come down to this one. I'll be out of state and will be back either that Friday or Saturday. If the Orlando people get there butts down there I'll make sure I'm home and there for this. I'll have my turbo in by then and I'm sure I'll need a lot of practice launching.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

1UP Crew
SL Member

yeah man... good thing all is well. Cant have my personal mechanic and advisor going through problems lol =o) So you suggest heat wrap on the intake? anywhere else?
Old 11-07-2006, 10:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its really not a necesity unless you do aloooot of hard driving like i do lol.. but yea i suggest wrapping the intake from the the TB to past the maf with heat wrap as added protection from heat soak mostly.. in my case i think the wiring was faulty on my maf.. i noticed it when i installed my intake the wires were loose from factory.. but i thought that it was ok.. guess i was wrong. the new maf wiring is a little thicker and pinned well.. not as loose as i had it before.. i suggest you guys also check your MAF wires and make sure they are pinned to the maf and clip hard..

anyone wana go half on some thermo wrap lol.. also if anyone needs tips on how to properly wrap the intake and clamp it down so it looks clean LMK.
Old 11-19-2006, 12:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn thats too bad i work dec. 9 i would be down to go to moroso to test out my car but i guess u guys will go again hopefully next time i'll be off
Old 11-19-2006, 02:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

1UP Crew
SL Member

Yeah... there should be another run to Moroso sometime in Jan or Feb... not sure... But well go again
Old 11-20-2006, 03:22 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

count me in for moroso II ... all i have is CAI, custom exhaust, and a short shifter, but im curous to see what my car does in the 1/4 mile, before i go boost. oh and pete do u think u could help me out with some engine work, i ve heard from javi that u know some little secrets to make the tC faster .... i must know ur secrets lol

- Mike (Darth Vader tC)
Old 11-20-2006, 11:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by DarthVadertC
count me in for moroso II ... all i have is CAI, custom exhaust, and a short shifter, but im curous to see what my car does in the 1/4 mile, before i go boost. oh and pete do u think u could help me out with some engine work, i ve heard from javi that u know some little secrets to make the tC faster .... i must know ur secrets lol

- Mike (Darth Vader tC)

get in line lol
Old 11-20-2006, 01:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol.. do you know how long that line has gotten.... its longer then lines waiting for ps3 lol...
Old 11-20-2006, 07:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

1UP Crew
SL Member

hahaha.... and im close to the front

Quick Reply: TRIP 2 MOROSO II [CANCELLED]