Notices
Regional - Southeast FL, GA

tune for FIC south flo

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 02:06 PM
SL Member

Getting tuned with luiggi, he actually lives right by me lol. Didnt know he only street tunes, but he seems like a pretty straight dude, and im desperate so ima do it with him morrow.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ya its a street tune but.. the best street tune ull ever get.

good choice bro ull be happy.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:47 AM
SL Member

haha i better be! he isnt the cheapest, but seems like a rad dude
Old 10-28-2008, 05:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how much was the pricing?
Old 10-28-2008, 02:33 PM
SL Member

i think he said 399... with a free map retune when i want. Does he carry tool with him? cuz im not gonna put in my injectors not my managment till i meet him up and we r ready to tune. i hope none of the piping randomly falls out now... that would suck
Old 10-28-2008, 03:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

399.. thats pretty good.. japtrix charged me 500 for a dyno tune that took 20 minutes.. lol.. ya he shud be able to do everything.. when u meetin up with him?
Old 10-28-2008, 05:55 PM
SL Member

today at 6:30pm by dowtown miami then heading out west to get tuned
Old 10-28-2008, 06:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

niceeee get that bad boy donee

we all gotta meet up sometime.. theres so many boosted members in south florida..
Old 10-28-2008, 07:00 PM
SL Member

yep. cant wait to see his final work. he said he takes up to 4-5 hrs cuz he goes thru every parameter on fic. he lives literally less then 3 miles from me, im meeting him up at 7. i just ran the vacuum from the fic towards my boost line comin out of the firewall, i gotta pick up a T and some mini clamps to make sure none of my lines come lose/leak. i put in the turbo myself so even though i havent had problems yet, im scared one of the IC pipes might pop off from the clamps lol, thats y i was asking if he brings tools with him cuz ima pick up some better clamps just incase one of em goes.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what kit did u get BTW?? ^^^ and congrats man.. let us know how he works out... street tunes are nice.. but you might wana also look into a WOT dyno tune.. to clean up any more glitches under WOT.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:23 PM
SL Member

Its half dezod half custom, im running an innovative turbo dont remember any of the stats lol, i think 54 trim not sure tho that mightve been the a/f lol. Tial wg, dezod mani, turbonetics boost controller, dezod downpipe and s pipe. custom dump custom exhaust, hks bov and the IC is dezod but i dont think the piping is
Old 10-29-2008, 04:33 AM
SL Member

So far not so good. I went i picked him up from his house, i left the injectors at my house so we too a quick ride over. He was suppose to make a quick base map while i put in the injectors. His laptop kept messing up, but we eventually got to it, i cranked the car and he kept adjusting as i cranked to get it to turn. We then realized somethng was wrong with the injectors when we got a nasty backfire. the rubber gaskets werent on the injectors (my bad) and the engine was smoking. We waited a bit and eventually went back to it. after a while we got the car to crank again (but the plugs r def fowled) but it would shut off, as it began to make a clinging sound. we freaked out, he had no idea what it was neither did i, so we replaced the injectors back to stock and we took of the aem, it started up first try it did that knockin ting sound, then it stopped. We took a drive around to make sure all was good, what we discovered was that the ting went away (wtf was that knocking omg!) my bov somehow went to craps (hks ftl) and my boost gauge decided to stop working... dont ask me how, but it seems theirs alot of vacuum leaks now ugh
Old 10-29-2008, 01:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

jesus u have lots of problems and bad luck.. reminds me of myself when i first went boost.. so many issuesssss!

so now whats going on?
Old 10-29-2008, 02:10 PM
SL Member

He told me to look over everything, and let him kno whats up. If we need any tools to let him kno before he leaves the shop so he can bring it and we can fix crap. We r gonna check the spark plugs clean em out till i get new ones, just so we can get a quick tune, he will fine tune it when i get new ones. Hes gonna try to work on the BOV as well, and ima zip tie everything and check all my vacuums to c why my boost gauge isnt working now...
Old 10-29-2008, 02:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if u don't mind traveling to orlando. i got my car tuned at central florida turbo CFT. they are really good with aem
Old 10-29-2008, 02:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OOOF CFT FTW!! that would be a nice place to tune!
Old 10-29-2008, 07:49 PM
SL Member

maybe ill do that eventually, i dont mind getting the perfect tune by taking it multiple places, just a waste to do it if i dont change anything tho, ill wait for the water meth or start building the engine
Old 10-29-2008, 09:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just got off the phone with Luiggi. It looks like he'll be my tuner. He took the time to speak with me on the phone and answered all my questions. There's no doubt he loves what he does - and I'm going to find out if he's that good.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:53 AM
SL Member

Maybe, he is a lil cocky for the numbers he expects, but i cant doubt it yet. Ive just been delayed again though, which really sucks. We were suppose to get a tune in tonight but his sister gave birth and thus is in boca. He's gonna be heading down sometime tonight, but i dunno...
Old 10-30-2008, 01:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

true... well he tuned my friends STi at 350 whp after he got protuned at japtrix for 332whp.. with the same exact mods and the car is smoothhhh

what numbers does he expect?

nice rob let me kno when u guys start tuning bro. i get my car back in like 2 mondays from now.

mayb u could come by velocity with luiggi one of these days to check out my motor

Quick Reply: tune for FIC south flo