Notices
Regional - Southeast FL, GA

tune for FIC south flo

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 10:39 AM
SL Member

omg well we were tuning my car went into limp mode, not sure why... thinking one of the harness for the injectors is toast, im not sure what to do anymore, and luiggi with all his girl problems and uncertainty is really making me doubt wether it was wise to go with him ugh.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

mayb u should get ur car running before u go for a tune .. just saying.. what shop did all the installs for you? cuz it seems they didnt make it tighty and nice.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i mean luiggi is there to strictly tune ur car good but what can he possibly do if the car isnt running properly in the first place?

what size injectors are u running i may have some extra 550's but i gotta look around.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:21 PM
SL Member

The car mechanically (installation wise) is fine. Shop? nah i build my **** dont buy it. He reviewed everything before we started and he said i was the few that actually did everything right, only problem on my part was T-ing off the one available vacuum line to many times, so we disconnected all the unecessary ones and vacuum is perfect once again, but now no boost controller. He said he'll get me a vacuum block (he calls it vacuum box) so we can solve that issue. He handled most of the clippings of the injectors later in the game, he even had trouble clipping the one that went bad on us, and he ended up taking it apart before. Trying to force it i think lead to the problem, but theirs some other crap i wanna check that might speed along the process
Old 10-30-2008, 03:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i hope u get ur situation resolved deisel... good luck!! and KUI
Old 10-30-2008, 06:38 PM
SL Member

Thanks pete im really hoping to get this crap resolved as well, it really sucked not being able to go over 30 mph last night ugh. Got home at 6am. Does it matter if the MAF is flipped downward? because we did that when we saw more available space if we did that, and one of my friend says that could be it. Its def still the clip problem ima just flip it for precaution and good measure, my injectors are still good sothanks soflo, just got to figure out how to fix this damn clip...
Old 11-01-2008, 02:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so whats the deal man?
Old 11-01-2008, 05:37 PM
SL Member

No luck, he was beat on thursday cuz he got back home like at 5:30 and made me drive limp mode all the way home which took me about 30-45 min, so he was really beat and so was i kinda. He couldnt do it yesterday, Halloween and all, plus he had some cars at the shop, but he said he'll try today, ima bout to give him a call cuz i also have stuff to do tonight and i cant wait till 9 pm to start like we usually do
Old 11-01-2008, 07:54 PM
SL Member

so my brother and I got to working and figured it out somehow, not really sure how but we did, and so she roars again, now to finish the tune
Old 11-01-2008, 10:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what did u guys fix?
Old 11-02-2008, 01:11 AM
SL Member

Im not really sure, luiggi was the one messing around with the fuel rail before, so im nto sure what he did, or if its something i did that fixed it but it works again. I reset the ecu and didnt do anything, so i reseated the fuel rail and swapped out a previously blown ingition fuse that was swithced to a 20 back to a 15 and she now magically works again
Old 11-02-2008, 01:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

watching...
Old 11-02-2008, 05:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cool glad its fixed!!! now tune tune tune1!11!!!11!!!1!!
Old 11-02-2008, 06:21 PM
SL Member

i know, im tried calling luiggi yesterday to get a work on but he didnt pick up. Today he has a big meet set up that his shops sponsoring and i was suppose to head out with him, but my car isnt tuned and he didnt pick up yesterday so we could plan it out, sux
Old 11-02-2008, 09:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i was gonna tune with luiggi but i do not have that much money to tune with him. so i'm waiting for lujan motorsports to tune my car. which they charge 100 an hour and they dont take much long to tune. when i was supercharged it took them an hour an a half. but lately lujan havent been able to get there tuner which i think its pablo. does anyone know someone around that price range good though?
not trying to thread jack either.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:35 PM
SL Member

If u already have a base map tell luiggi just to tweak it, he may give u a better price for this
Old 11-02-2008, 11:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by m6ar2cel6oTC
i was gonna tune with luiggi but i do not have that much money to tune with him. so i'm waiting for lujan motorsports to tune my car. which they charge 100 an hour and they dont take much long to tune. when i was supercharged it took them an hour an a half. but lately lujan havent been able to get there tuner which i think its pablo. does anyone know someone around that price range good though?
not trying to thread jack either.
well luiggi tunes ur car to every rpm level and does everything possible to make it run smooth as possible at all times.. when someone like japtrix tunes u they throw ur car on the dyno and tune u to WOT and say here u go..
Old 11-03-2008, 12:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

itll take luiggi all day to tune a car perfectly.. thats a real tune.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yuh i know but for now i just want my car running good for what i am paying. wot fine its 100 bucks. and i talked to luiggi nd he said 300 since i already got my base map but still cant spend that much money now.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:46 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by diselement
i know, im tried calling luiggi yesterday to get a work on but he didnt pick up. Today he has a big meet set up that his shops sponsoring and i was suppose to head out with him, but my car isnt tuned and he didnt pick up yesterday so we could plan it out, sux
Hey Yes I apologize for yesterday. I was in the hospital due to a migraine headache and didnt get out till 10pm. Im glade to hear that all your mechanical problems have been solved and now ready to finsh up the tune. I will contact you tomorrow to set-up a time.

Take it easy..
Luiggi F.

Quick Reply: tune for FIC south flo