10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^Dont feed the trolls.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:58 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Funny how you say that frankie as your a major troll from what i have seen! All this crap does need to stop. Im about to lock this thread. We arent even talking about the thread title anymore. Its people fighting and makign crap personal. The facts are the FRS/BRZ is not gonna please everyone. Its not a fast car. But it has excellent potential and is what the market needed. The new K24 Si is a joke. Its a economy K24 and the dang exhaust manifold is integrated into the engine so no swaps there. Now as a stock DD its a fun car but nothing like the 8th gen can be.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Clean_XB

, but then again, theres a certain reason toyota is only dropping off 1 or 2 at a time at certain dealerships
its due to the fact that they don't have the scion sales numbers in the first place and we happen to be one of them. TOYOTA knows their dealer strengths and gives stock to those who they know can push them....
Old 08-22-2012, 12:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^The local dealership gets 3 or 4 a month, that's how it's going to be for a while. They have no problem getting them sold as if I see one it doesn't stay on the lot longer than a few days.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

When you mean "you are" it is written you're, not your.

For example:

That is your FRS. (possessive; they own it)
You're an FRS owner. (You are an FRS owner)
Old 08-22-2012, 01:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionFred
Even your exemplar Rhythym sort of admits that there is no way a weak-sauce 86 can compete with a 265bhp FWD hatchback on the track. Have you even thought your argument through at all? You're basically stating that hp and tq are inconsequential for a road racing car. Is that really the argument you wish to stand by?

Pay some "attention" for a change. I am not one who blanket state stuff. So as to re-iterrate for you, since you are not comprehending unless I specifically state it for you.

-----On THAT track, you can not expect an Automatic BRZ to take down a manual trans 265hp turboed car regardless of it's drivetrain, when the driver is capable of putting down a good lap. Manual BRZ I don't expect it to still beat it on THAT track. This does not apply to EVERY track in EVERY condition and EVERY race.

ON....an AutoX for course for example this may not be the case. Or on a tighter course this might not be the case. I don't draw conclusions based on one track, one day, one race.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Are you seriously stating that weather conditions and track surface have absolutely nothing to do with road course lap times? I knew you were far from the sharpest tool in the shed but I still didn't expect to see you rolling on the floor laughing at your own stupidity. Pretty amusing nonetheless.

Are you blind? Go watch BOTH vids again, and tell me how much WEATHER looks different in them. Your stretch of the imagination is amazing.

Unless the road is damp, will it effect times. Unless the weather is significantly COOLER out, will it effect the time (but that has more effect on turbo cars than NA). And seriously dude...over a full road course .1 tenth of a second can be made up in one damn corner by taking a different driving line. Same can be said about .3 tenths of a second. So, again....On ANY given day, the HFP SI/BRZ/FR-S can run faster or slower than each other. This is what I said 3-4 post back, go read.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

All of you clamoring about needing more power, they already have this one car called a 370z than you can look into. Oh what is that? It's out of your price range? You don't say....
Old 08-22-2012, 02:23 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jon;
If stop light racing is a big factor in your purchase, the simple sports car isn't for you. Anyone can race in a straight line and you don't need a sports car to do it. I'd just buy a Cummins Ram and beat you while leaving you in a cloud of smoke.
I'd personally go with a duramax. Way better motor to make stupid power out of. (that's the best part of Japanese engineering lol) cummins however is a torque monster and sounds like a ____ed off Mack truck. My buddy has both and they are both sick, the duramax will just run circles around the cummins for a lot less money.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:21 PM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Poor Jonboy... so many insecure misinformed assumptions in your post. Where should I begin? How about my age?... yes, how old am I? You didn't assume that I'm 53 or whatever age SL shows, did you?

Since you're stating emphatically that I am wrong but not offering any specifics or evidence, should I assume that you have none? Pretty much a "I know you are but what am I?" response? Try harder.

Even your exemplar Rhythym sort of admits that there is no way a weak-sauce 86 can compete with a 265bhp FWD hatchback on the track. Have you even thought your argument through at all? You're basically stating that hp and tq are inconsequential for a road racing car. Is that really the argument you wish to stand by?
I think you're just too dense to comprehend what's being said. I've said several times that the car isn't fast. I'd suggest pulling your head out of your butt and re-read a lot of these threads. You can start with the one about the Mustang V6.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's not how you stand by your car. Its how you race your car. You better learn that.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by lynks
It's not how you stand by your car. Its how you race your car. You better learn that.
A couple of Nissan SR20's would pull a premium one week before race wars.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:03 PM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

The only way I'd pick the SI over the FR-S is if I couldn't afford the FR-S or if I needed the room. Not that FWD cars aren't capable driver's cars, but if a RWD car is available with nearly equal power output I can't think of a single reason to pick the FWD car. This can also be applied to any other RWD car at this price point. And a lot of those have more power and room.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by torqueTc
A couple of Nissan SR20's would pull a premium one week before race wars.

The frs would have beaten the civic....if it had a motec system exhaust.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jon
The only way I'd pick the SI over the FR-S is if I couldn't afford the FR-S or if I needed the room. Not that FWD cars aren't capable driver's cars, but if a RWD car is available with nearly equal power output I can't think of a single reason to pick the FWD car. This can also be applied to any other RWD car at this price point. And a lot of those have more power and room.
+1

The only way I would pick an SI over an FR-S or even a BRZ is if it had a Toyota badge on it, and it came in RWD. Oh....wait....the FR-S is just that already..

As a whole, even the die hard Honda fans don't like the new SI's.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:06 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
+1

The only way I would pick an SI over an FR-S or even a BRZ is if it had a Toyota badge on it, and it came in RWD. Oh....wait....the FR-S is just that already..

As a whole, even the die hard Honda fans don't like the new SI's.
That last part is so true, Travis. I was on 8thgencivic for awhile as was thinking of getting one and that was a hot topic. Its not a bad car if you just want a nice dd. But The K20 in the 8th is far superior. I ultimately went with my crappy 7th gen to save some serious dough as the 8th gens are pricey cause of the 9th gen fail. But i get over 32mpg doing mostly city driving. So im happy and its a temp ride until my wife is done with nursing school. Then i may get an frs.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Roller_Toaster
The frs would have beaten the civic....if it had a motec system exhaust.
and some cartoon vinyl on the doors....
Old 08-23-2012, 12:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://jalopnik.com/5896381/2013-subaru-brz-first-drive

Someone wrote something good about frs/brz?!!?!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
Old 08-23-2012, 12:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

"First things first. Yes, the BRZ is slow. Considering how much quickness is available on dealers' lots today, it's tough to countenance the Subaru BRZ soaks up seven seconds to 60 mph. Yet, never in the recent history of the automobile has straight-line speed been so inconsequential to the experience of driving a great car."

"Anyone sweating how glacially the BRZ accelerates -– in that it's slower than VW's GTI, Mazda's MazdaSpeed 3 and Honda's Civic SI — should dunk another macaroon into the Golden Corral's chocolate fountain and shut the f*ck up."

Per the article, lol
Old 08-23-2012, 02:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Roller_Toaster
"— should dunk another macaroon into the Golden Corral's chocolate fountain and shut the f*ck up."
im quite fond of the cotton candy myself....

Quick Reply: FR-S VS Civic SI