BRZ takes 4th place in Motor Trends "Best Drivers Car" for 2012

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=217105
Old 08-23-2012, 05:08 PM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Roller_Toaster
"First things first. Yes, the BRZ is slow. Considering how much quickness is available on dealers' lots today, it's tough to countenance the Subaru BRZ soaks up seven seconds to 60 mph. Yet, never in the recent history of the automobile has straight-line speed been so inconsequential to the experience of driving a great car."

"Anyone sweating how glacially the BRZ accelerates -– in that it's slower than VW's GTI, Mazda's MazdaSpeed 3 and Honda's Civic SI — should dunk another macaroon into the Golden Corral's chocolate fountain and shut the f*ck up."

Per the article, lol
Can you say nail on the head? I hope certain ignoramuses read and absorb those words to the fullest.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:42 PM
Banned
5 Year Member
SL Member

funny how the insults here are "slinged" out here even by the highest of "prestige".....its no wonder this site has become cluttered with less knowledge and more "opinionated" personas.

lets see if a certain somebody can get me banned for that comment......it is what it is.

interestingly enough that an alarming rate of ppl in this section starting threads dont own the vehicle, nor have they ever even stepped foot into one.

shame on you "5yr senior" members, however, typical of the lack of moderation
Old 08-23-2012, 11:09 PM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Clean_XB
funny how the insults here are "slinged" out here even by the highest of "prestige".....its no wonder this site has become cluttered with less knowledge and more "opinionated" personas.

lets see if a certain somebody can get me banned for that comment......it is what it is.

interestingly enough that an alarming rate of ppl in this section starting threads dont own the vehicle, nor have they ever even stepped foot into one.

shame on you "5yr senior" members, however, typical of the lack of moderation
Assuming you're directing this towards me, my opinion is if you're thin skinned, don't chime in. I could have banned a couple of people already but I choose not to get offended on the internet by someone I don't know. People arguing about a subject they're not informed on is ignorance. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.

None of the people who try and derail all these threads own the car. So in your opinion they should all be gone? You do realize that includes yourself don't you? It really isn't that serious, dude. You won't see me banning someone for disagreeing with me.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:45 PM
Banned
5 Year Member
SL Member

It wasn't directed towards any one in particular, however, if the shoe fits, then by all means wear it.....so here we go.

Its easy to have "thick skin", hiding behind a key board, and a fancy "title" that gets around when you "could have banned ppl and choose not to", so by your theory, if I "toughen up" my skin a bit and call you a disrespectful twerp, that shouldnt be an insult to you, rather just a hairline notch under your insults...........correct?

furthermore, this thread actually does concern me because I have been in the market for the new SI, and considered trading in one of my vehicles for it....so I'd like to FACTUALLY see how the competition stacks up as well....as far as the FRS, ive got friends in high places and access regularly to the vehicle. Im well aware of the inventory that the highest dealers here are moving on a regular basis. Ive test driven the car several times. its no big deal to me.

disagreeing is perfectly called for, given the title, given, it is in a factual manner and arena you have been chosen to "oversee"........being an outright di$k is another.

yeah I said it.......ban me plz show me how much power you have because as far as I can see, all you can do is "rally-the-troops" and deny every fu&^ing reason why factually the FRS is inferior to the competition, while insulting someone over twice your age.....way to set the *example*, but as I have said before, typical

(heres your answer as to why I have 0 posts Brett)
Old 08-23-2012, 11:54 PM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Clean_XB
It wasn't directed by any one in particular, however, if the shoe fits, then by all means wear it.....so here we go.
Take your own advice. You felt the need to bring it up.

Its easy to have "thick skin", hiding behind a key board, and a fancy "title" that gets around when you "could have banned ppl and choose not to", so by your theory, if I "toughen up" my skin a bit and call you a disrespectful twerp, that shouldnt be an insult to you, rather just a hairline notch under your insults...........correct?
I probably would have laughed like I'm doing now.

furthermore, this thread actually does concern me because I have been in the market for the new SI, and considered trading in one of my vehicles for it....so I'd like to FACTUALLY see how the competition stacks up as well....as far as the FRS, ive got friends in high places and access regularly to the vehicle. Im well aware of the inventory that the highest dealers here are moving on a regular basis. Ive test driven the car several times. its no big deal to me.
Your first "contribution" to this thread was egging on a troll. Deleting your posts does nothing.

yeah I said it.......ban me plz show me how much power you have because as far as I can see, all you can do is "rally-the-troops" and deny every fu&^ing reason why factually the FRS is inferior to the competition, while insulting someone over twice your age.....way to set the *example*, but as I have said before, typical

(heres your answer as to why I have 0 posts Brett)

(theres a reason I have a zero post count "kid")
Save the lecture for people who derail these threads every single time. Like I've said before, it's the internet and I don't know you. Therefore my concern is very low. Comprehension of what's said goes a long way. There's no reason to "rally troops" when what you're saying is based off people who have actually reviewed the car. You know, being that it's their job. You are the reason this site is like it is. Getting all bothered because someone doesn't agree with you and posts things that prove what you're saying is incorrect. No one is going to coddle you and tell you that you're right when you're not. Have a nice day.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:14 AM
Banned
5 Year Member
SL Member

point proven

carry on
Old 08-24-2012, 12:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This thread is straight a$$.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:36 AM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree. But I guess that's what happens when overly sensitive people use the internet. Locked.