Notices
Scion iQ Owner's Lounge
2011-____ [NGJ12]

Great Car Bad Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 11:49 PM

Default Great Car Bad Customer Service

I have to say I should have known better, but I figured thing had changed over the last 18 years.

I have had some issues with the Q.

1st
I have the base 160w Pioneer radio and the Bluetooth has no connectivity. I brought it down to Doxon Toyota and the sale guy said that it wasn't even on the radio menu. Made service appointment that I just got back from. I was told that I need the microphone kit before the bluetooth can be activated. Funny thing that it doesn't say anything ot the brochure about needing more parts I have to pay for + labor charge..
2nd
The AM radio has a garble sound with all the station I recieve. The Tech said that he can hear it but before they will change the radio, he would like to compare it to another Q with the same radio.
They don't come stock with a radio installed so I guess I'm supposed to come down and wait for another one to show up for service, hope the same Tech is there, so he can compare both cars.

Long ago I was Toyota's greatest fan, from 77 cilica, 85 box van, toyota stout, previa, numerous supras, corolla's, and cilica's, . But having issues like bolts to long in the crank shaft holding on the pulley (85 Van) false torque TSB. Filing down the key to disable factory alarm system (88 Supra) and other quality issues I left to Nissan.

Toyota feels that once they have your money, good luck

I'll keep the car for my son, but I'll go back to companies that treat thier customers better.

Cameron J. Brewer
2012 Scion IQ
Old 08-01-2012, 11:54 PM

one more thing.. they worked on my car, but didn't vacuum the floors out. I guess you only get that service if you actually pay for something, not warranty work. Thanks Doxon Toyota
Old 08-02-2012, 12:43 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

The microphone is included, don't let them try to charge you extra for it.

If your FM stations sound OK you might try turning of the HD radio button when using AM. It can cause distortion in the sound when the HD is tuning in and out. Might have nothing to do with the problem, just a suggestion.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with the dealership.

As far as waiting to compare the radio to another iQ with the same unit, I would take the issue to the service department manager and see if he can expedite solving the problem.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:03 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

^x2
bluetooth with the mic is STANDARD. if it didn't come on your car they should put it in for free and give you a loaner if it is gonna take any great length of time for them to get it done.

if they get another iQ it will come with the same base stereo installed as you got in yours unless they specifically ask for the head unit to be upgraded when they get it allocated.
it doesn't just come empty.

sounds like you just have a crappy dealer, if you still have issues you can go directly to Scion with your bad experiences. usually they shape them up really quick and get back with you personally on whether or not your issues have been resolved.
Old 08-02-2012, 02:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OP. Please realize that Toyota and "Toyota dealers" are two different things. Don't let one dealership ruin your perception of a whole car brand.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:02 PM

A Follow up

After getting ahold of a Scion rep Duron (Darrin), he called Doxon and informed them, that indeed the car should get a mike. The service manager walked the car thru, and Service Tech Joe made sure the car was operating correctly. It just took a little more of my time, but I'm glad things have been worked out.

It seems that the car was delivered with the radio installed and the mike was left out. They have not had alot of these come thru at Doxon, so they didn't know what it should be delivered with.

Cameron
Old 08-10-2012, 04:19 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Glad to hear that they were able to resolve your issue.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Good to know it worked out for you man. Now bring your son out to the meet on Sundays, so you guys can see the rest of the folks.
Old 08-11-2012, 02:33 PM

Hope to