Notices

2008 Scion xB & xD Photos Leaked One Day Early

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 06:00 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by evilBOXevil
I may prefer my 1st gen box to the new one, but this car has HUGE potential.

I can still look at a stock xB, and think that it looks silly...a box sitting way up in the air with those stupid skinny wheels. But drop it and put some better wheels on, boom...sweetness. It'll be the same with this car. This new one looks silly in the pictures, but it'll be much better in person. There are only 2 pics here!!With very little modding it can be made to look like the T2b, or better.

The only other thing needed to be said about it:

"I'm terribly sorry, but did you say that this car has the 2.4L engine?"
"Why yes, I certainly did."
BA-DAMN!!!!

Like I said before: When it comes out all the haters will rush out to the dealerships to see "how ugly it is in person"...and some of you will leave the dealer driving one.
Agreed!
Old 02-07-2007, 06:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats alot better.........if i get one ima slam it and throw on some nice wheels and call it a day........kinda looks like the nissan cube in the back and the t2b in the front........hopefully there isnt a big blind spot........cuzz i luv how our 1st gen xb hardly has a blind spot and you can c just about everything...........hopefully the ppl of ebay come out with some headlights that arent bubbly........
Old 02-07-2007, 06:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I may prefer my 1st gen box to the new one, but this car has HUGE potential.

I can still look at a stock xB, and think that it looks silly...a box sitting way up in the air with those stupid skinny wheels. But drop it and put some better wheels on, boom...sweetness. It'll be the same with this car. This new one looks silly in the pictures, but it'll be much better in person. There are only 2 pics here!!With very little modding it can be made to look like the T2b, or better.

The only other thing needed to be said about it:

"I'm terribly sorry, but did you say that this car has the 2.4L engine?"
"Why yes, I certainly did."
BA-DAMN!!!!

Like I said before: When it comes out all the haters will rush out to the dealerships to see "how ugly it is in person"...and some of you will leave the dealer driving one.
Thirded.

My wife "I'm sorry, HOW many airbags did you say it had?"
Me: "six."
My wife: "That's six, right? As in one more than five?"
Me: "yep."
My wife: "Do dealers have this now?"

As parents of two sub-3yr-old kids, stuff like this is pretty damn important... looks like we'll be trading in our '06 box for this. My wife loves our box, but it simply isn't all that safe.

I definitely want to see it up close, though, and I'm not a huge fan of the way the hood rolls over in the front. Looks odd to me.

Our 2nd car right now is a '99 Durango. We keep it around as travelling with a couple kids means a LOT of extra gear. If there's enough extra room in the xB2, then the Durango's gone. Even with the 2.4L engine, we'd be doubling our effective gas mileage.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I asked my roommmate who is not a car person what he thought so I could get an oppinion from your "average joe" consumer. He said, "They look like everything else on the road. The one ones were way better." If scion's plan was to not draw in the younger crowd and ____ off alot of current owners, I think they succeeded.

I think if they had any sense they would put this car out for a year since it's so close to being on showrrom floors and get to work immediately making the JDM bB the next box and ship it over for the 2009 model year. And fire someone, I don't really care who but someone high up the decision making ladder.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:18 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by dgHotLava
Originally Posted by rfishh
Originally Posted by dgHotLava
Originally Posted by rfishh
WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE FIVE AXIS MAKES YOU GUYS DID A GREAT JOB.
I STILL THINK THEY ARE BOTH GOING TO DO WELL BESIDES MOST PEOPLE CHANGE THEIR BOXES ANYWAY SO LOWER IT PUT SOME NEW SHOES ON IT GET A LIP KIT OR WHATEVER YOU WANT TO CHANGE A FEW THINGS AND BOOM YOUR HOT AGAIN!!!!!!
i think 5axis did it no justice...just some crappy extensions of what was there...
and some ____ poor fog lights...

the only good thing they did was the dual exhaust...

new shoes and kit can not change the soul of the car..the windows, roof line, belt line, hood, lights...
a fat girl in a playmate outfit is still a fat girl...
DAMN DID SOMEBODY HAVE SOME HATERADE THIS MORNING WTF? SINCE WHEN DO CARS HAVE SOULS ANYWAY CALM DOWN IT'S NOT THAT SERIOUS!! BESIDES YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF TRIMSPA? HEY IT WAS JUST ONE OPINION AND I LIKE WHAT THEY DID HEY WHY DON'T YOU SEND ME A CATALOGE WITH THE KITS YOU HAVE I MEAN YOU DO MAKE THAT STUFF RIGHT CAUSE YOU CERTAINLY HAVE AN OPINION ABOUT THEIR STUFF.
first...stop typing in all caps! re-read the rules if you need to understand why.

second. all cars have a soul. that why terms like chicks car or soccer mom mini van exist.

you calm down, i'm not the one yelling.

and yes, i made my own kit, so i do have an opinon. i took design elements that are unique and adapted them to work with my ideas.

have you looked at how any kit will be applied to this new model??
it will look ugly (like the lip kits on classic xB's) or be expensive (full bumper replacements)
ok well first off i'm not here to fight the caps well i was just excited then too lazy to take em off. I just remember liking what i saw in miami and as far as five axis well i think they do a great job and scion isn't gonna support "____ poor"so i think you're off on that comment but hey thats my opinion and i'm done. If you've designed and had a kit produced then thats great congrats and i'm sure someone will have an opinion about your work too! make sure you send me pics and an order form for all the kits you have available!!!!
Old 02-07-2007, 06:22 PM
SL Member

To me, the first xb was good.. but this second one is beautiful. I can't wait to see more exterior pics and what's available inside..

I can't believe people like the japanese 2nd generation xb over this..

i'm hoping that the back seats can fold real flat (or are removable) so that a person can sleep/camp in it. The paddle shifters sound awesome!

The only negative I can think of is the bigger engine. I'd prefer the 1.8 due to better gas milage.. but hopefully the gas milage on it won't be too bad.

I also hope the driver has a nice upright view with good widescreen visibility like the original xb.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

im to lazy to read all the posts, but the xd looks much better after being upgraded if u will. most of the posts i caught were sayin how they didnt like it.
i hope people can see past, the stock car, cuz it was amazing. those pics dont help very much though
Old 02-07-2007, 06:25 PM
Banned
SL Member

+4

Originally Posted by Basilius
I definitely want to see it up close, though, and I'm not a huge fan of the way the hood rolls over in the front. Looks odd to me.
The slope in the hood is slight, but up close it really looks sharp.

Originally Posted by Basilius
Our 2nd car right now is a '99 Durango. We keep it around as travelling with a couple kids means a LOT of extra gear. If there's enough extra room in the xB2, then the Durango's gone. Even with the 2.4L engine, we'd be doubling our effective gas mileage.
I think youll be impressed here too, as the one Scion showed us in Miami appeared to have lots of room in the rear while not sacraficing the already abundant leg room of the 1st gen box.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CBSIMONSEZ
I think youll be impressed here too, as the one Scion showed us in Miami appeared to have lots of room in the rear while not sacraficing the already abundant leg room of the 1st gen box.
Sure it'll have room. Just like everyother ugly crossover vehicle out there.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

The xB is dead. The cool factor is gone, and all JDM appeal is lost.
I dare someone to put this new model and JDM in a sentence...I swear if I hear anyone say it has anything JDM, I will cry
Old 02-07-2007, 06:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think I've figured out why I dislike the xD so much. Its the enlarged pillar. It just isnt working for me, it doesnt look right. Then agian, the front bumper isnt doing anything for me either but atleast there will be aftermarket ones available. Again, I'll have to see it in person to really judge it but I have a feeling this wont be my next car. I'm not happy about it either because I was really hoping for something really impressive to replace my xA in a few years and I dont see myself geting anything other than another Scion. Unless of course I somehow become able to afford the new Supra I've been hearing about (not gonna happen).
Old 02-07-2007, 06:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: 2008 Scion xB & xD Photos Leaked One Day Early

Originally Posted by AH-HA
Scion has given us permission to post these images, as they have already been leaked on Car and Driver and AutoBlog.
-- Darren

http://www.caranddriver.com/autoshow...ontiac-g8.html

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/02/07/c...-leaked-early/

wow the scary part is that it's EXACTLY how I imagined it (not how I could draw it though LOL) dude, definately count me in on one... AND paddle shifters? (on the automatic I think I read) HOLY $h1T! that's absolutely amazing
Old 02-07-2007, 06:54 PM
5 Year Member

I like the new xB, but I feel it's very different from the original. It should have a new name... and the xD shouldn't, because it's quite similar to the xA.

But never mind the styling. I'm worried about this "bigger, faster, better" evolution. In the $15,000 segment, Scion had few competitors. In the $18,000 range, which is where I see these two cars, there's a TON of competition. And new cars in that segment are starting to come out with interesting styling too, so Scion should be going more extreme, not less. Finally, those big engines will be partially negated by weight gains, so all you get in the end is a higher price.

Scion needs to stay in the el cheapo market, period. Especially if it wants young buyers.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:54 PM
TJ
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just don't like it but it'll probably grow on me. But i will test drive one this summer. If i fall in love again then this xB will be traded in

But i like that it has the 2.4 liter. May the 300hp boxes unite.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:02 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by itsme

thats alot better.........if i get one ima slam it and throw on some nice wheels and call it a day........kinda looks like the nissan cube in the back and the t2b in the front........hopefully there isnt a big blind spot........cuzz i luv how our 1st gen xb hardly has a blind spot and you can c just about everything...........hopefully the ppl of ebay come out with some headlights that arent bubbly........
see now that's what im talkin about. It may be the same soul but damn i'd hit it!
Old 02-07-2007, 07:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Big_Kokujin
The xB is dead. The cool factor is gone, and all JDM appeal is lost.
I dare someone to put this new model and JDM in a sentence...I swear if I hear anyone say it has anything JDM, I will cry
and SLers will burn the crap out him/her!!!
Old 02-07-2007, 07:10 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i like the new xb but not so much xd...would like to see a pimped out xb in another color...
Old 02-07-2007, 07:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

WOW... are you serious?

this is depressing news.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

for those of you who have seen it at Miami. Do you know are the rear seats foldable all the way down like the first gen? I'd be getting one to haul smoothies for delieveries and events. Also does anyone know if this might have better towing capacities then the 1st gen? With the larger engine I would think so but don't know if anything was said at Miami. I know I should just wait until tomorrow morning but anticipation for information is killing me.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
MN Scions

On the fence, about both. I like the JDM factor and I will be keeping my 06 xB, my wife might look to trade her 05 in. I checked and would get about 4 grand over what I owe on trade. The saftey factor is something to think about.

Quick Reply: 2008 Scion xB & xD Photos Leaked One Day Early