Notices

2008 Scion xB & xD Photos Leaked One Day Early

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 08:08 PM
5 Year Member

I'm glad I didn't pass on my RS 4 waiting for a new xB. It looks too long to me...looses the "box" look. The old ones have character....this one doesn't really stand. It isn't immediately recognizable as a xB.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:08 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Scinergy

Im gonna hold off passing judgement untill I see it in person. The way I see it is its all good, Either I get the new xb or a rav4.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't like the New xB It looks Dumb!!!!!
Old 02-07-2007, 08:11 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I can't tell the difference between the Element and the new xB. Seriously, they look exactly the same.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

scion is dead to me.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Philthy
I can't tell the difference between the Element and the new xB. Seriously, they look exactly the same.
That's a joke, right?

And you're basing this off one photo. If you ask me, it looks more like an HHT than an Element.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Basilius
That's a joke, right?

And you're basing this off one photo. If you ask me, it looks more like an HHT than an Element.
No. If you look at that Element + PT Cruise = xB pic, I think the first and final pic are entirely interchangeable. They look the same.
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Take it from one the owns a Pt Crusier, I really don't see it. May be the JDM bB. Yes, I would agree that has a similararity, but not this xB2. And can some one explain the Elememt part? I don't get it.

Does any one know if this is the only configuration Scion is Releasing tomorrow? Or will the 5axis or whatever model ppl saw in Miami may possible be at chicago?

And for those wondering why I'm here I wanted to an xb when I joined but heard about new one coming so I waited, but my old car couldn't wait, so I got Pt Crusier. I like this xB2. So I'll wait a little while longer (first year gitters) but I'm going to be getting this. Hope RS 1 is really hot.
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think these designs might be what it would take to get me back in a scion. i really like the new designs and bigger engines. i just to know if the interior space was kept or made even better in both. i look forward to owning one of these in a couple years after i buy a truck. it seems a lot of people want to hate on the new design, but i bet it will sell even better with the new features. current xb owners are just jealous because it will now have a bigger engine from the camry
Old 02-07-2007, 08:30 PM

Default Wish it was more t2Bish...

When the t2B concept came out, I *really* wanted one. Now that this is out, I'm guessing t2B is effectively dead / realized as the new xB. No suicide doors on the left, no van door on the right, a more conventional rear angle, and probably no space-ship interior. I'm saddened. Does anyone think the full t2B style will be possible via the upgrades they might offer?
Old 02-07-2007, 08:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by superjeer
scion is dead to me.
It's quirks like that, that really irk me. Scion isn't dead, just because they moved on with their body styles, we all know that it'll be gone in 3 years. To make a quote like that, you must not have been into scion that much to begin with.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:34 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm not sure how people aren't seeing it? I mean, if you were to take off the logos, 19 out of 20 people would probably have no idea which is which.

Old 02-07-2007, 08:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Basilius
That's a joke, right?

No. If you look at that Element + PT Cruise = xB pic, I think the first and final pic are entirely interchangeable. They look the same.

The element looks like an over inflated balloon in comparison to the other two. Of course, the HHR's got those horrible fenders.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I think a lot people are missing the point.

The new vehicles are not being designed for current owners. You've already bought one, you're in the family already. The new vehicles are being designed to appeal to people who have different tastes to you. Of course they're going to look different!

The bottom line is that Scion was intended to bring new people into the Toyota family. By markedly changing the body styles every three years, you are maximising the market you are reaching out to. Styles change, tastes change, fads change. Current Scion owners purchased the vehicles because *they liked them*. The next body style will be the same thing - another set of differing body styles.

Some of the comments people are making are nothing short of misinformed. I haven't lost a single xA deal over styling. The reason the car is the lowest seller of the current gen is that it is SMALL. Looked at the cargo space in it? It is absolutely tiny. Small cars are all well and good, but there is such a thing as too small for the majority of buyers. And that is the case with the xA - just a bit too small for the US market.

As for all the "it looks like X Toyota model" comments - I'm sitting in visual distance of every current gen Toyota you can name. These cars look like nothing we currently have, unless you start looking at things on a micro scale. And at that point, you can find similar things on any vehicle you can name. It could be a different story in person, but I seriously doubt it.

These new Scions will be huge hits; if you don't want one, then perhaps you are simply not a member of the target market for this particular body style. People will buy these, do them up, and have a vehicle just as unique as any of the current gen. I, for one, will be first in line for an xD when we get them.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:38 PM
5 Year Member

I want a 2.4 in my xb... good engine choice not to big on the styling...looks like mazda shoulda produced it.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Im gonna reserve my judgement till I see them in person this Friday. I think they will both look alot better in person. Its hard to judge from just a couple pics.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Old 02-07-2007, 08:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

as far as the xb... the point is simple. people got the xb cause there literally was nothing that looked like it... as far as the new xb... if it's being compared to other vehicles then you could understand why many don't like the new look.

the xa thing was about right... it could be a bit too small... if you intend to use it all. i mainly bought my 06 xa cause my camaro broke down and i needed something affordable to drive. i've always wanted a 2 seater... so i do my xa like i do my cammy... fold down the back seats and there's my 2 seater. if you drive alone or with only one other person then you might find the xa very comfortable.

i for one - as an xa owner - don't see why they call the new car the xd if it visually has few changes from the xa. i'll have to see these for myself but whomever ends up getting an xd... take the rear emblem off and replace it with an xa and people won't know the difference.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:47 PM
5 Year Member

Default Better Profile View

Old 02-07-2007, 08:48 PM
5 Year Member

i'm diggin' on the xD...but i'm not sure about the new xB. perhaps if i saw one tricked out with some 18s and a body kit. but i definitely see some potential in the xD!

Quick Reply: 2008 Scion xB & xD Photos Leaked One Day Early