5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 02-08-2007, 12:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by djct_watt
Originally Posted by vervesix
First thing I thought when I saw the xD was the snub nose bothered me...

So I got rid of it, changed the color a bit and dumped the background. This is what happened.

Not saying it's the way it should be, just the way I like it.
Nice. . .

I feel the same way about it. . . but it's also WAAAAY too tall. By the looks of the fenders, it can't be dropped too much either. To look good, it would need a 4 inch drop, and that wouldn't be very practical.
The mid portion of the xD resembles the Yaris? The front and rear doors at least?
Old 02-08-2007, 12:14 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by djct_watt
I feel the same way about it. . . but it's also WAAAAY too tall. By the looks of the fenders, it can't be dropped too much either. To look good, it would need a 4 inch drop, and that wouldn't be very practical.
Eh, it really looks like an xA with a stub nose/body kit to me. I think it would be able to drop just as much as the xAs have been and maybe look halfway decent with some nice wheels on it. It really doesn't look much different than the xA other than the nose.. not quite sure why they called it the xD while the new xB looks entirely different.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:16 AM
Max
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by KevinxB
Originally Posted by Autoblog
In a move that can only be deemed as stupid, lazy or incredibly devious, Car & Driver published images and information on Scion's redesigned xB and all-new xD more than a day and a half before the car's are scheduled to be debuted here in Chicago.
God forbid should a journalist attempt to break the story first. What a bunch of crybabies. Sounds like they're just mad they didn't publish the pics first.
It is common practice for automotive journalists to get pictures and specs on vehicles in advance of their release. These pictures are then embargoed until X date. This gives the journalists time to do research, write a story, and in the case of print publications, giving them the necessary lead time to get their stories printed and shipped as close to the launch as possible. The problem comes in that if a smaller publication were to leak the pictures early, the manufacturers would just stop providing said publication with early details. The problem for other publications is that the manufacturers are not going to stop giving Car and Driver early news, at the risk of not getting the free advertisement from being featured in their magazine. This is the reason for the negative tone in the autoblog post. If they leaked the info they already have, they would not get any more info. If C/D does it, they are not punished.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I like the xD....not sure about the Box yet.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

IMO, this should have been the xA (xD). At least the 4-door hatch model of the yaris.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Location: 'Burbs Farmington Hills - go to school in Boulder, CO

so whatis the site gonna do about this? new catagory.... delte/ eliminate xa area (no one uses it any ways! jk). is there gonna be a new tshirt design? and it reminds me of a highlander from the side.... but mmm fast DOES seem tantalizing... after my whooping 0-60 in 12 massive seconds!
Old 02-08-2007, 12:29 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What will all the single mothers do without any new xA?
Old 02-08-2007, 12:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[quote="typhoonorchid"]
Originally Posted by Tomas
I'll be keeping my little urban box until it's wheels fall off, I can only hope that when I need it, there will be a replacement. Right now, there is NOT.

Tom
Well said. I agree.
Tom... I believe you have hit the proverbial nail on the head..

In my humble opinion

Mother Toyota has just shot themselves in the ****.

1) I LIKE the single bump for the guages.. easy to focus on with tri-focals
2) I LIKE the absolute square hatch...no BS.. just close it
3) I LIKE the lack of blind spots....no big ased "D" pillar.and yes I do use the mirrors but the wife has problems...really is a short person
4) I LIKE it being tall.. easer for me to get in and more importantly out of
5)I bought my toaster because of it's SIZE. If I's wanted something bigger I would have bought a Matrix,HHR,PT-loser or any number of veh's that are the size of the xB-2

they have aimed for a differnent type of consumer.... but that don't mean that I will buy one to replace what I have when the time comes

[end of rant]
Old 02-08-2007, 12:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Wow oh wow... what happens when you go to california and then come back to see this...

all i have to say is. W.T.F.

The new xB is pretty cool i guess, i like the big engine, and big boxy style. But i hate the curves (you dont get an xB for the curves.) and whats up with the different lower grill? But overall seems ok, I can deal with the new gen xB, im not dissapointed.

However. here is where 90% of the WTF comes in.

I am an AVVID xA lover. I love my xA almost as much as my wife. It is the perfect car for me. I bet toyota knocked me out, kidnapped me, and built the car for me, then dropped me off with a "wtf is an xA?" question in my head.

But the xD is PATHETIC!!! EWW! PUKE! Scion I am extremely dissapointed with the "xA replacement" I am so GLAD they call it xD, and not xA.

WTF is up with that huge c pillar? It looks retarded!! If it would have kept the same backend as the xA now, I would like it.

Another thing, wth would they beef up the xB and sparingly give the xD a 1.8 litre? what is going on here?

The best part about xB 1gen and the xA is that there exactly the same, but totally different.

Now the new gens are just only totally different. Sick sick sick... I am sad at these pics.

I for one am complaining straight to Scion from the webform. Here is the link and I suggest you all do the same If you despise one or both of the second gens.

Scion Webform

I know there can never be a perfect car. (cept the xA for me) and that may be 25% of the flamage. But I will def now get the Skyline.

I am glad that the values of the 1st gens now should rise 3-5 grand, for that sickly pathetic step child of a scion xD.

*edit* i accidently posted under my wifes account, lol this is actually Sly_dawg19 or Jeff
Old 02-08-2007, 12:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...675&highlight=

just thought i'd bring this thread to attention. =)
Old 02-08-2007, 12:39 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just in case we can't see one topic above or below this?
Old 02-08-2007, 12:42 AM
5 Year Member

UGLY!
Old 02-08-2007, 12:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The new xB resembles a whale shark to me.

The xD looks like a Dodge Caliber in a Camry costume.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

This is what I sent Scion.com.

First note, please foward this webform to whomever it may concern, for this is a complaint on the new models going to be released in 2008.

I bought my 1st Scion xA in 2005 and loved it. I bought my 2nd Scion xA to replace the automatic I had and love it more. This is the ultimate car in my opinion.

Why would Toyota, a company with great vision and vehicles, shame the Scion name with the xD? I saw pictures of the xD on the Autoblog.com website and I am thoroughly disgusted.

The new Scion xB is a decent 2nd Generation vehicle I have little or no complaints for this model in 2008.

But as you can see I am very upset about the replacement for the xA the Scion xD. I am extremely pleased however is it now called the xD and does not shame the xA's good name.

The C-Pillar on this vehicles is just pathetic. The 1.8 Liter in the vehicle is unfair, whereas the xB now has the tC engine. The xD gets a 1.8 liter? Why?

The biggest selling point of the original Scions was the fact they are "Exactly the same, but totally different." With the new xB and xD they are just only totally different.

Toyota may claim the xA as a failure since it sold half of what was expected. But this happened not because the xA was bad, but because the xB was so stylish and out of the norm.

The "Baby shoe" or "Wedge" design of the xA was classic, amazing, and totally cool and different. With this wannabe Versa/Fit it makes me sick.

I for one am very happy with my xA and will have nothing to do with the xD at all, period.

Next time, dont break xA's owners hearts. All we wanted was the tC motor, not a dysfunctional half-breed step child of a wannabe scion, thats ugly too.

- Jeffery E. Patterson, Owner of a Scion xA.
I will post the reply when it comes.

*NOTE* im still on my wifes account, lol
Old 02-08-2007, 12:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Max
Originally Posted by KevinxB
Originally Posted by Autoblog
In a move that can only be deemed as stupid, lazy or incredibly devious, Car & Driver published images and information on Scion's redesigned xB and all-new xD more than a day and a half before the car's are scheduled to be debuted here in Chicago.
God forbid should a journalist attempt to break the story first. What a bunch of crybabies. Sounds like they're just mad they didn't publish the pics first.
It is common practice for automotive journalists to get pictures and specs on vehicles in advance of their release. These pictures are then embargoed until X date. This gives the journalists time to do research, write a story, and in the case of print publications, giving them the necessary lead time to get their stories printed and shipped as close to the launch as possible. The problem comes in that if a smaller publication were to leak the pictures early, the manufacturers would just stop providing said publication with early details. The problem for other publications is that the manufacturers are not going to stop giving Car and Driver early news, at the risk of not getting the free advertisement from being featured in their magazine. This is the reason for the negative tone in the autoblog post. If they leaked the info they already have, they would not get any more info. If C/D does it, they are not punished.
Thanks for the insight. I have a B.A. degree in journalism so I have an idea how the system works. Like I said, Autoblog is just envious that they didn't get to leak the photos first. If Autoblog had the sway that C&D does with auto manufacturers, they would have done the exact same thing. That doesn't make C&D stupid, lazy or devious.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^Yikes...the 1.8l is freakin nice if it is the same one in the matrix. it pulls hard and smooth. It can chirp the tires going into second which the xb can do when only turning...Dont hate on the 1.8 The xD is going to be faster then the xA ever was
Old 02-08-2007, 12:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

omg...i almost threw up...eew
Old 02-08-2007, 01:00 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Tia842
This is what I sent Scion.com.

First note, please foward this webform to whomever it may concern, for this is a complaint on the new models going to be released in 2008.

I bought my 1st Scion xA in 2005 and loved it. I bought my 2nd Scion xA to replace the automatic I had and love it more. This is the ultimate car in my opinion.

Why would Toyota, a company with great vision and vehicles, shame the Scion name with the xD? I saw pictures of the xD on the Autoblog.com website and I am thoroughly disgusted.

The new Scion xB is a decent 2nd Generation vehicle I have little or no complaints for this model in 2008.

But as you can see I am very upset about the replacement for the xA the Scion xD. I am extremely pleased however is it now called the xD and does not shame the xA's good name.

The C-Pillar on this vehicles is just pathetic. The 1.8 Liter in the vehicle is unfair, whereas the xB now has the tC engine. The xD gets a 1.8 liter? Why?

The biggest selling point of the original Scions was the fact they are "Exactly the same, but totally different." With the new xB and xD they are just only totally different.

Toyota may claim the xA as a failure since it sold half of what was expected. But this happened not because the xA was bad, but because the xB was so stylish and out of the norm.

The "Baby shoe" or "Wedge" design of the xA was classic, amazing, and totally cool and different. With this wannabe Versa/Fit it makes me sick.

I for one am very happy with my xA and will have nothing to do with the xD at all, period.

Next time, dont break xA's owners hearts. All we wanted was the tC motor, not a dysfunctional half-breed step child of a wannabe scion, thats ugly too.

- Jeffery E. Patterson, Owner of a Scion xA.
I will post the reply when it comes.

*NOTE* im still on my wifes account, lol
The current model "wannabe Fit" came out in Japan in 2001. When did the current model xA based on the JDM Toyota Ist come out in Japan?

Quick Reply: 2008 Scion xB & xD Photos Leaked One Day Early