Notices

2008 Scion xB & xD Photos Leaked One Day Early

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 05:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Tomas
What I'm disappointed with is the planning folks at Scion and Toyota not offering ANY path to ANY vehicle when someone who needs/loves/enjoys/owns the Scion xB City Car needs a new one.

We've been abandoned. That is NOT a good feeling to leave one's customers with...
Me too, Tom. I was soo excited to see how Scion would build on this little cool urban car segment & they just completely killed it all together.

And you're absolutely right. Companies (especially auto) should be most concerned with keeping the customers they already have. Its always good to attract more buyers, but NOT at the cost of alienating your current ones & not giving them any new choices to upgrade. Fans of the original box are sh*t outta luck with anything Toyota now when they wanna upgrade to something new, so they are pretty much forcing us to look elsewhere. Which im totally cool with now after seeing these mew models, but it still sucks. I wanted to stay with them, but it doesnt seem like they want us anymore. BTW, isnt Scion still a bit wet behind the ears to be pulling this stuff already??

Anyways, Honda to me is looking mighty fine after all this & when they officially announce the hybrid Fit, I'll be all over it. Yeah, its not a box, but at least it fills that void of the compact, neat little urban ride thats practical/affordable. And hey, the rumored 50-60 MPG don't hurt none either.

Im soooo disappointed in Scion, I cant even tell you. I almost feel like I have ended a long personal relationship with a women or something. A women who turned her back on me who I still cared about & didn't wanna let go, but in the end decided it was for the best.

OK, im gonna cry myself to sleep now.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Let's have a million man march or something. Calling all xb and xa owner for a protest at TMS' headquarters and all flick them off or do a million man moon.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:38 AM
5 Year Member

Wow, just wow. What has happened to Scion? Just yech...

And if you think that new Xb is going to weigh less than 3250lbs (and even that's being generous) then you're pretty dilusional considering the Tc weighs almost 3000lbs itself and thats only a two door.

I better go order a 2 door Yaris hatchback before they screw that one over too.

This American doesn't want a bigger car.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

scion has a new corporate face like audi? boo!
Old 02-08-2007, 05:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I cannot judge this car yet.... because I have not seen it in person.

When I first saw a picture of the original xB I thought "Who would buy such a ridiculous car that looks like a Maytag washing machine?"

I actually ended up buying an xB later on after seeing one in person.... when I was actually shopping for a tC!!!!

Granted... these pictures that were leaked look pretty bland... the color of the car is plain... the surroundings are cheesy. A BIG photography mistake made by Toyota/Scion..... they needed more action shots & night scenes.

I have to see the xB2 in real-life three dimensions lowered with some mods and wheels before I jump to any conclusions.

Shame on many ScionLifers on judging this car before they have seen it in person.... or even driven it.

Would you rather have a Ford Focus or Chevy Cobalt????
Old 02-08-2007, 06:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

. . . if they ever fixed the interior of the Cobalt SS. . . GM does currently have THE best warranty, period.

And the Euro Ford Focus is nice too.

But I like my tC. I'm waiting to see these cars in person. . . especially anxious for a refresh of the Scion interiors.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

KAD
SL Member

DON'T JUDGE IT UNTIL YOU SIT IN IS SEE IT TOUCH IT FEEL IT!!

TRUST ME!

I AM GOING TO PERSONALLY FIND THE *** HAT WHO POSTED IT ON HIS WEBSITE TOMORROW, AND THANK HIM FOR A FEW THINGS...

ONE....
POSTING A BAD PICTURE OF THE XB

TWO....
MAKING ALL US SCION CHAPIONS LOOK BAD BY NOT FOLLOWING A SIMPLE PLEASE DON'T POST THEM TILL TOMORROW!

THREE. FOR GP!

DUMMMY!
ALL I HAVE TO SAY!
AND YES I AM YELLING!~
Old 02-08-2007, 06:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

uh what.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:29 AM
5 Year Member

Well it's not a box. And it shouldn't be called and xB. That being said....

...I like it. Better looking than the HHR, not as cartoony as the Element. Not trading in my Original but I'll be in the market for a 2nd car about the time this thing hits the dealerships. Can't wait to see the details on mpg/options/interior and give her a test drive

Just from the couple of pictures I've a few ideas for customizing it allready that wouldn't look good on a real xB but this one might be able to pull off with it's more aggressive styling.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:30 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Calm down, Brandy, you'll burst a blood vessel or somthin'!

Won't do any good - once the horse is outta the barn, etc...

Just live with it. :D

Tom
Old 02-08-2007, 06:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Matts_Box

Shame on many ScionLifers on judging this car before they have seen it in person.... or even driven it.
I don't have to see it in person to know that I don't want a 2.4 litre gas guzzler.

Sure, most cars can look nicer once you add rims and bodykit but alot don't need that to look nice. Tha's everyone's excuse it seems is, "Well you haven't seen one tricked out." I don't want a tricked out car, I want a practical gas effecient car that looks cool stock. That car is the first gen xB. The new xB doesn't seem to fit any of the requirements I have for a car. I can safely say without seeing one in person that its not the car for me. Obviously its not what quite a few other people around here found to be selling points of a car either.

Not everyone looks for the same things when shopping for cars. I know alot of people are thrilled with the bigger engine but I don't say shame on you for wanting more power. They've come to the conclusion that they want it without seeing one in person as well.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:49 AM
SL Member

The article at cars.com says it's a foot longer than the classic xb. That would make it 167 inches long I believe.. I went to the Toyota site and realized that it is shorter than any toyata car except the Yaris hatchback. Even the Yaris sedan is longer than 167 inches.. I'd prefer the new xb to be 160 inches or so.. but maybe it's not as long as at appears in the pictures..

Note that scion tc is 174 inches long.. If cars.com is accurate.. that makes the new xb 7 inches shorter than the tc..
Old 02-08-2007, 06:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
tC squad
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i like the new xb. currently ihave a tc and would of never considered a xb when i was buying, but now i would most definetly. in my opinion the new gen looks way better. wat i noticed is that the gen 1 xb owners are die hard xb fans, which is cool but may also be why u guys dont like the new gen so much
Old 02-08-2007, 07:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rogcjms
This is the one we saw in Miami. I personally like this one so much compapred to the stock version:

WoW! I thought the xb2 was a big let down till i saw this, i officially like it now. I just hope it wont be hard "expenisve" to do this to a new one.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nameless_ak

WoW! I thought the xb2 was a big let down till i saw this, i officially like it now. I just hope it wont be hard "expenisve" to do this to a new one.
Well, consider the rumored price increase to around $16k then I would guess knowing how much Scion charges for accessories, I'd say that lip kit will be about $1200 on the low end and a set of rims should be about the same. Add tt&l and you're looking at a $20k car.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

If you know where to shop and can install stuff yourself, then it should be about the same. Like someone else said earlier, the Rav4 got a bigger engine and more accessories, but only went up about $250. I don't think that Toyota is that stupid. They probably already know that they're taking a risk by the new design, I doubt they'll jack the price up that much.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I kinda figure it should've come factory like this.

Damn... too much was lost in the compression. I flared everything a little bit.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:02 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, the way I see it is that a tC station wagon has to cost at least as much as the tC, and probably more...

The xB moves to an entirely different class with the 2008.

http://www.tijil.org/blog/?p=23

Tom
Old 02-08-2007, 11:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Old 02-08-2007, 11:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The xB2 looks pretty sweet here, even stock. I'm surprised how low the xB looks. I like it. The xD looks good with the kit and goodies but not all of us will be able to fit that into our realistic budget. I do like the back lights but that pillar has got to go. But these pics have made me like it a bit more.

Quick Reply: 2008 Scion xB & xD Photos Leaked One Day Early