Notices

2008 Scion xB & xD Photos Leaked One Day Early

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 12:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

Do I see rear calipers? no more drums huh. And I see that theyve gone from 4 lug to 5 lug on the wheel for both models.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:42 PM
Max
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by hotweelz4me
Do I see rear calipers? no more drums huh. And I see that theyve gone from 4 lug to 5 lug on the wheel for both models.
4 wheel disc on the xB. The xD still has rear drums.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by FNslow
The xB2 looks pretty sweet here, even stock. I'm surprised how low the xB looks. I like it. The xD looks good with the kit and goodies but not all of us will be able to fit that into our realistic budget. I do like the back lights but that pillar has got to go. But these pics have made me like it a bit more.
the orange colored xB2 is a five axis modified one..the tails were not that impressive in person...foggy/hazy...bad candy apple spray job...

the teal xb2 is what a stack one will be like...
Old 02-08-2007, 12:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by hotweelz4me
the five axis models were fitted with TRD discs all around...you will not get TRD parts standard, but will see 4wheel disc..

notice the xD still has drums in the rear...

and yes, 5 lugs for all models now...stream line the parts bins for all models..
Old 02-08-2007, 01:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'd much rather see the bB hit the shores and the Open Deck xB rather than this thing. Either of them would be appealing.

If I had wanted an HHR, I'd have bought an HHR.

Same thing happened with trucks. Watched a movie called The Quiet Earth. It had a Mazda small truck with 4 doors. No small trucks had them. It was available overseas, but not in the states.

Ships are coming over here anyway. Too bad you can't order what you want and have it delivered.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

is there any interior shots yet?

I would like the New bB with this front bumper. the 1.8l. and maybe some extra airbags. for 16,000. SOLD! the interior of the bB is so hot!
Old 02-08-2007, 01:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

this is what i think of the scion plan..

when they wanted to establish the brand. they did the thing we wanted the most: bring JDM cars here. (huge hits)
now they are aking the cars from scratch for scion...and i don't see the love the way the JDM models did.

if they brought over some of the other cars, we would be much happier.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

The five axis xB doesnt look too much diff from stock, just lip kit, rims, and nice orange color.

I can deal with the xB 2. It will grow on me.

Ther xD however makes me sick...

I have an xA, but im using my wifes laptop and her sn :p I am so glad they didnt call this piece of inbred wannabeness the new xA..

I actually just sat in a 1st gen xB yesterday and it feels like an airplane (in a good way)

Maybe ill like the xB 2 more in person. No hope for the xD... no hope...
Old 02-08-2007, 02:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I have stayed out of commenting but I think its my turn for a soap box.

All of us at one point or another have _____ed on here about something we dislike on the existing cars. A lot of us have even gotten to speak with Scion reps at car shows and Scion events. And I am sure Scion checks out this site.

That being said....

1. Many have complained about the engine, so Scion gave us a new one.
2. Many have said they disliked getting rock chips, so Scion's more redesigned and somewhat aerodynamic front end happened.
3. A lot of people liked the t2B so its not a surprise the styling cues came from it.
4. Just like the xB1 wasn't an ideal designed car for all people, the xB2 isn't an ideal car for all people.

So it seems to me that for once a car company looked seriously at what its current customers thought, liked and posted about, and made some changes. Regardless of what we think in the here and now, I am sure that Scion is still going to back the Scion Community as a whole like they have.

Someone mentioned on these twenty some pages that they felt Toyota had abandoned us xB1 owners by moving to this design. I hardly think that because I am pretty sure that parts for our cars will still be available for quite a long time thanks to the Yaris, and Toyota has a reputation for longevity in thier vehicles.

Would I have been happier had the xB2 had a new name? Yes. Am I going to get rid of my xB1? No.

Am I going to buy an xB2? Yes, I cancelled an FJ so I could buy it when I came back from Miami. As much as I love my xB I do need something a bit bigger and with more power for the daily commute, and this will fit the bill much better.

So with that I am off my soap box.

What moves you?

Edited for a spelling correction.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if you go to the chicago auto website you can kind of watch the press conference on the webcam as they are doing video on the screens and if you hit refresh you can get a new image. It's not quite the same but sort of getting you closer.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well saw a pic of the Xb2 center gauge and it's still in the middle but more spread out and a digital speedometer
Old 02-08-2007, 02:17 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

nicely put townsend_xb..... I've learned from experience that you can't please everyone. sometimes you give people what they want and they're still not satified. I remember when i went to purchase my xa and took a look at the xb on the lot sitting next to mine and thought.....what the hell....that is ugly!!!! but.....after a while the xb grew on me....so much so that i got my cousin to purchase one....and she loves hers. As far as the new design of the xb.....i really really like it. .... the xd has to grow on me...but i'm sure with time she'll grow on me too. I think Scion did a great job with both designs..... it will attract some of us 1st gen people as well as a whole new crowd for which we should welcome with open arms..... Lets not hate on 2nd gen people.... we're all adult here.... Give these cars a chance!!!
Old 02-08-2007, 02:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I wouldn't judge the new designs by the pics...Recent Toyota designs don't photograph well--they're very "three-dimensional", if you get my meaning...A lot of nice surface development in their designs is only well perceived in person.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 02-08-2007, 02:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by ProjectFusion
NICE!

-wC
Old 02-08-2007, 02:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nm still going
Old 02-08-2007, 02:25 PM
5 Year Member

I have to agree that the new xB and the T2B are incredibley similiar...although something about the xbs hood....its almost so flat that it optically looks concave where it meets the windshield.

I don't know, I think Scion hit it just right with the dimensions of the classic xB...when you lengthen it without adding height it just looks squaty. This is more of what would traditionally be considered a wagon rather than a cube-ish hatchback.

As for the xD....they're playing it so safe with this one, but I think its going to do very well. I think they'll outsell the xA no problem.

And even though we seem to be unanimously dissappointed, I wouldn't be suprised if these sell like hot cakes because they're on the safer side (design wise). Which basically means boring. Oh well.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

townsend...i think you are close...

yes, we wanted more power. 2.4l is a way to help that..(1.8 could have worked too)

yes, we complained about rock chips (paint and glass). not needing a redesign areo front...just better paint and new angle for the glass.

a good number of people liked the t2b... but it was for the suicide door, the sliding door...the big brakes, the hatch/trunk thing...and unique (but not functional) lighting.

not the sheet metal styling...

and leppcat is right, not to hate the people that will own the xb2...but i can still dislike the car..
Old 02-08-2007, 02:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

from that shot of the gauges it seems they totally went the opposite direction for the interior...isnt the xB suppose to be about minimalism? 4 gauges. big air vents. looks to be alot of fake aluminum. eeh.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by ProjectFusion
nm still going
are we sure this is the actual press conference or just some rehearsal?

-wC

Quick Reply: 2008 Scion xB & xD Photos Leaked One Day Early