Notices

2008 Scion xB & xD Photos Leaked One Day Early

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 04:23 PM
5 Year Member

I currently do not own a box.......with that said, I have been waiting until the "unveiling" to make a choice on the one I thought would be better for me and my family. While I really LOVE the current box, the new one is starting to grow on me. Everything that they have done (with the exception of the shifter) has been to fix issues brought up on this board.

I am starting to think that they made a move in the right direction.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:23 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't see the actual usefulness in paddle shifters, at all. ever. unless you drive F1. i think paddleshifters are awkward, and useless. gimmicks.

I will say though, I love the standard features on both, and the interiors. But i like the xb interior more.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by YourNameHere
i would buy this car IF...

it didnt grow in size compared to the current car, and they put the 1.8l in it.

anyone hear anything about prices yet?
no prices were released...

-wC
Old 02-08-2007, 04:40 PM
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Does anyone know when these will be at dealerships and what the prices might be? I really want to go test drive one to see the difference in power and overall size. I have been looking at the pics, and the new xB is actually growing on me. I hated it at first, but now I kinda like it.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CBSIMONSEZ
Originally Posted by midtowndesi
I just started shopping around for another xB today and plan on buying another 1st gen model before years end. the xb is an awesome ride and i have had one now for a year. I would like to have another one in case anything happens to my precious #1.
- sh00k
Now thats just silly right there. I would bet that you can find the xB online for sale years from now. To buy one and store it, you must have money to burn.
LOL - naw, no money to burn, would prefer to buy a nice *pristine* / stock model rather than wait 5 years and get a model that's absolutely been raped with add on parts/ricer paraphernalia , etc.

=]

- sh00k
Old 02-08-2007, 04:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Team ScioNRG
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Standard features are impressive.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

now thats alot better........to trade or to not trade? i think not i guess ill just pick up a 2nd Gen Xb a year from now and keep my 1st Gen cuzz you know what CNN said its a Future Classic i wonder what the priceing is.........2.4L VVTi here i come.......
Old 02-08-2007, 04:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CBSIMONSEZ
Originally Posted by THE_DON
The first thing to be corrected in the 2009 model (xB) will be a second reverse light... After enough people curb their rims because they can't see when they're backing up.

-THE DON
Do you really think that Scion would design a back up lamp that doesnt illuminate the entire back section behind the car?
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2008-scion-xb/155103/

^^^ Look at that pic and explain how that light will not only illuminate to the rear and outer portion of the driver's side, but also light up the curb near your rear passenger side tire...

I mean, they can angle/point the light in a certain direction, but Scion can't change the way light travels through time and space. That's why most cars have either two reverse lights, or one really bright one IN THE MIDDLE.

I can assure you, if enough people complain, Scion will add another light... Heck, come to think of it, if enough people talk **** Scion will do whatever they say and redesign the damn car from the ground up. Like they did with this new Box. Every gripe and every complaint was addressed. Too boxy? Fixed - Too small? Fixed - Needs power? Fixed.
So, hey Scion, are you listening? My first complaint: I don't like the stupid reverse light... Ok? Thanks! See you in three years. I'm sure the proper changes will be made.

[/mini sarcastic rant]

-THE DON
Old 02-08-2007, 04:55 PM
5 Year Member

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2008-scion-xb/
boat load od pics
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/02/08/c...and-less-boxy/
video at the bottom of the page
Old 02-08-2007, 05:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

someone please tell me they didnt use the same xB logo on the hatch...
Old 02-08-2007, 05:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ LOL - same logo!

I just watched the video on the autoblog site.. the dude said that the new xB is a foot longer....!!! wtf! Im sure in west bubble fack that doesn't mean anything but here in manhattan, that means that most spots i could usually fit into will now not be big enough for the new box!
- sh00k
Old 02-08-2007, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I don't like it! C@D are idiots to call the center speedo console moronic. That was one of it's big selling points for me. I hate that Japan has it's new version of the bB (which i also don't like) and we get stuck with a new "xB" that looks nothing like it. Either way i think redesigning the bB/xB was a bad choice for Toyota. How can i listen to anything Car and Driver says anymore as they are so quick to brush aside a good classic design as yesterday's garbage. The old xB is one of the best car designs in years IMHO.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The video states

"Scion is very hard wired and in tune to our owners."

I don't think they're in tune with the owners, only the haters....

haters complained about the boxyness of the current xB. Scion heard the haters and now made it rounder by giving it the a$$ end of a minivan and the nose of a mazda 3.

Scion heard the haters saying it's too slow and now gave it a larger engine - taking away some of the good gas mileage the current xb gives us...

and center mounted shifter? it look SOOOOO big and bulky.. reminds me of the shifter in my h2.... probably the same size too... =/
- sh00k
Old 02-08-2007, 05:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

xD looks like the same size of the current xB

Old 02-08-2007, 05:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Old 02-08-2007, 05:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

I am so in.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by JSM1284
It doesn't state that it has HID headlamps.......
yes it does...

The styling of the new xB also seeks to appeal to new audiences while keeping close to the original box theme. Most notably, the new xB features a high-beltline, a relatively dynamic profile, and a strong C pillar. Features like the semi-recessed headlight fixtures (HID projector units),
Old 02-08-2007, 05:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by YourNameHere
someone please tell me they didnt use the same xB logo on the hatch...
Old 02-08-2007, 05:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I liked the previous xB(my brother has the Orange RS1) but there were issues with the car related to how I would use it that had me defer buying it. Those issue have been resolved with Xb2. Consider me a future owner. I want to see what the blackberry looks like first before deciding the color. I also might wait to see what the RS1 looks like.

I will either get the RS1, blackberry or teal this summer.

I like the added performance. Gas millage will still be a lot better the average vehicle on the road. I like the added safety features (I have a wife and seven year old). I like the extra room for the family and for hauling stuff like a bike. Its a very good compromise between previous owners and those on the fence that were looking for some tweaks.

Bottom line is that it is still a toyota and toyota means quality.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:58 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by dgHotLava
Originally Posted by JSM1284
It doesn't state that it has HID headlamps.......
yes it does...

The styling of the new xB also seeks to appeal to new audiences while keeping close to the original box theme. Most notably, the new xB features a high-beltline, a relatively dynamic profile, and a strong C pillar. Features like the semi-recessed headlight fixtures (HID projector units),
Where is that quote from? Picyures of the Five axis xB with the lights on are not HID, they look like halogen.

Quick Reply: 2008 Scion xB & xD Photos Leaked One Day Early