2008 Scion xB & xD Photos Leaked One Day Early

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 02:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

sat radio , POO. lol

you gotta have an adapter to put two input's into one.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hotbox05
sat radio , POO. lol

you gotta have an adapter to put two input's into one.
Damn i was hoping would be easier then that.

I can't stand regular radio now, gotta have my satellite.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:25 AM
5 Year Member

I agree--the front overhang is too long. It contributes to the overall 'sedan' feeling of the new xB. Also, I am really disappointed with the interior (save for the dash). The seats look like the replacement seats that taxi cabs have installed. The back-seat cupholders look fragile and the overall interior feel is drab.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Tomas
The xB2 and T2B do look similar, but note that the T2B actually stuck closer to the xB Classic idea with a very short nose and about half the overhang at either end compared to the xB2...

The xB2, in silhouette, is indistinguishable from a mothership (soccermom van/station wagon).

Tom
I do agree about the overhang. I wish they could have shortened it. Comprimise is a _____ some time.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

LSFHISMOOMN (laughing so F'n hard I shot milk out of my nose)

In the post above I put, "Comprimise is a b!t(h." Little did I know that this forum had it set up that it could detect the word and automatically switch it to biscuit. That caught me off guard!
Old 02-09-2007, 03:13 AM

The xB2 and T2B do look similar, but note that the T2B actually stuck closer to the xB Classic idea with a very short nose and about half the overhang at either end compared to the xB2...

The xB2, in silhouette, is indistinguishable from a mothership (soccermom van/station wagon).

Tom
I think that's a big part of the new design that I don't like. I like the silhouette of the xB so much, I made a design for shirts and mugs and stuff with it (shameless plug: rockthebox.info .. see my avatar for the design). The Classic xB has such style, from any angle.

I also really like the stock front lip, side skirts, and rear skirt on the Classic xB. It's like the body kit that everyone would want on the car, so they make it that way from the factory. I feel like the comments about the 5axis xB2 indicate that people would like the stock xB2 better if it came with some skirts.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Tom
Yup. That screams Chevy Venture to me.
Old 02-09-2007, 05:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow. I get laid up with the flu, and look what happens? After slogging through the whole thread, here are my flu-addled impressions:

Well. I'm sure glad I didn't get myself all worked up in anticipation.

Dis.Ap.Point.Ed.

Granted, I'm sandbagged with the flu and operating with limited cognitive ability right now, but when I saw that first pic, I had to read the text, look at the pic, read the text, look at the pic... to figure out that they were even two different cars. It looks like they took a three-dimensional average of the xA, the xB 1.0, and the t2B, and then threw out anything left over that was too distinctive.

The great charm of the xA and xB 1.0 is that they *are* Japanese cars. Now Scion's got two bland American cars to sell.

I guess if the folks at Toyota wanted Scion owners to "move up" to Toyota or Lexus-branded cars, that's one way to do it. (Though if I had to do it, I'd see how much of a pain it would be to import a Yaris 5-door from Canada.)

I kinda understand the feelings of the folks who say "wait 'til you see 'em modded," but I think the point of modding should be to make a car look better, not to make it look good in the first place. The xA and original xB looked fine straight off the lot. Sure, you'd want to put rims on, drop it, &c. &c., but neither the xA or xB 1.0 need a body kit to take away the horror. (Horror's really too strong a word. I don't even think they're offensively bland.)

The box is dead. Long live the box!

I will give 'em this: the optional carbon-fiber engine cover is cool.
Old 02-09-2007, 05:21 AM
RMS
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am pretty disappointed. I was hoping they just dropped in the 1.8L. Turbo option Maybe a slight body mod but kept it boxy. The new xB should NOT have taken the xB badge!!!!
Old 02-09-2007, 08:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Gsnorgathon
I kinda understand the feelings of the folks who say "wait 'til you see 'em modded," but I think the point of modding should be to make a car look better, not to make it look good in the first place. The xA and original xB looked fine straight off the lot. Sure, you'd want to put rims on, drop it, &c. &c., but neither the xA or xB 1.0 need a body kit to take away the horror.
I totally agree. Nothing special.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:38 AM
SL Member

It looks pretty nice on their website:

http://scion.com/nextgen/

I love that AVN unit on the device.. Anyone know where I can get details on that accessory? It looks like it plays dvds.. does it also allow you to connect your video ipod and play movies that are on the ipod with audio coming through the speakers?
Old 02-09-2007, 08:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Also, just to clarify, until you see one of the new Xb's in person, all the talk about it looking like a Honda Element is crap! It still resembles the boxy shape, however with a little more curvage, as well as a longer front end to hold the engine everyone was whining about not having before. The element is HUGE compared to the new Xb. This looks nothing like a Honda Element in person. You will all be very pleasantly surprised, especially with all of the new toys (and yes performance ones too, not just the Supercharger....*zips lips*). I got this pic taken at SEMA in Nov.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by 1epoXyBox
Originally Posted by Gsnorgathon
I kinda understand the feelings of the folks who say "wait 'til you see 'em modded," but I think the point of modding should be to make a car look better, not to make it look good in the first place. The xA and original xB looked fine straight off the lot. Sure, you'd want to put rims on, drop it, &c. &c., but neither the xA or xB 1.0 need a body kit to take away the horror.
I totally agree. Nothing special.

Old 02-09-2007, 03:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Just for comparison:
Here's Tomas's new xb profile (hope you don't mind that I borrowed it Tomas):

And here's a profile of the Chevy Venture:

And just so you know, I'm sure the scale is not correct, it's just for silhouette comparison.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Storm13
Just for comparison:
Here's Tomas's new xb profile (hope you don't mind that I borrowed it Tomas):

And here's a profile of the Chevy Venture:

And just so you know, I'm sure the scale is not correct, it's just for silhouette comparison.

wow

well done
Old 02-09-2007, 04:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I personally am disappointed that the new xB looks so much more (imo) generic american UUV. It seems much less modular, more 'hard-coded', and much less unique. I don't care for the way that the front grille is misaligned with the headlights, and I don't care for the complete asymmetry on the dash. To me, the front end and the dash seem more thrown together than thought out. I don't entirely 'mind' the car itself, and I think it's great that they gave it a healthy powerplant.

Above all else, I am disappointed that the new car will carry the xB designation. It feels like an insult.

It's sad to see the xB become deprecated by toyota. Still, I find it encouraging that the common thinking is that the classic will become a very sought-after collectible. I am trying to scoop up as many parts as i can right now. Basically anything on my 'pipe dream' list. I have a strong feeling that most things will be much harder to come by (or even find!) once the new 'box' comes out.
Old 02-09-2007, 04:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i agree.

it's a shame
Old 02-09-2007, 04:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i don't think comparing silhouette's is really fair though. You and I could have the exact same silhouette's but I bet there's a big difference in our looks when you add the rest of our features to it. Same goes for the cars. O well to each their own.
Old 02-09-2007, 04:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The 1st gen xB was already listed as a future collector's car by Money magazine... This contraption will never receive such a designation.

-THE DON
Old 02-09-2007, 05:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i simply hate the new model because it's a foot longer than the current xB. while that doesn't make any difference if you live in the burbs, i live in manhattan and that extra foot will make it more of a b.i.t.c.h to park! i love how small and nimble the current xB is.
- sh00k

Quick Reply: 2008 Scion xB & xD Photos Leaked One Day Early