Notices

2008 Scion xB & xD Photos Leaked One Day Early

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 09:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was just going back through this thread when my 9-year old daughter came up, saw the title, and said "there are new 2008 xB's?" I showed her the pic and guess what she said. "That's not an xB, that's UGLY!" BTW, she's the one that drew the picture of my camo xB in my avatar.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

...from the mouth of babes...
I hope my son grows up like her...
Old 02-15-2007, 10:06 PM
RMS
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by dudehitt
I was just going back through this thread when my 9-year old daughter came up, saw the title, and said "there are new 2008 xB's?" I showed her the pic and guess what she said. "That's not an xB, that's UGLY!" BTW, she's the one that drew the picture of my camo xB in my avatar.
Brings a tear to my eye.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm still kind of on the undecided side. It's defineitely not an xB, but it's not that bad. After seeing those interior shots I told my wife we should trade in the Montana. I just don't know
Old 02-15-2007, 10:09 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 1epoXyBox
^^^^WORD!

The Don speaks the truth. Now kiss his ring.

Would mine do?

Old 02-15-2007, 10:14 PM
RMS
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm still kind of on the undecided side. It's defineitely not an xB, but it's not that bad. After seeing those interior shots I told my wife we should trade in the Montana. I just don't know
Now that's not a bad idea. You see it can't replace the lil' xB but it can surely replace a mini van. Now what does that say?
Old 02-15-2007, 10:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by CBSIMONSEZ
^^^^ ok ... we are going on 2 weeks now .. and your still on your soap Box DON. Common .. all the hate in the world isnt going to change Scions mind. They get it ... you dont like it. You wont buy it, but someone out there will buy one in your place.
????
...or maybe you could go to another thread?

Discussion is healthy for ALL of us feelin' the pain...

Didn't you notice, most of us here are on Don's soapbox with him...

-I too am guilty

I hate that friggin new xB!

I will not be buying one in Don's place.

Go DON !
Old 02-15-2007, 10:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ ditto. new xb sucks a fat one. ps, how's it going in forrest hillz? ;]
- sh00k
Old 02-15-2007, 10:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RMS
Now that's not a bad idea. You see it can't replace the lil' xB but it can surely replace a mini van. Now what does that say?
exactly. Of course it would be a small minivan, the Montana is a beast. In 2000 when it was made it was the biggest of the big. Now they're all that size, even the Odyssey. I guess that's America and technology for you. We can make more power with less gas, so we make the cars bigger instead of saving the gas.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:41 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by mitchell
See, thats just it. Any thread, anywhere on SL that has to deal with the new xB is still full of the haters.

- The new Xb should be called a tC wagon

- The new xB looks like poop

- My daughter saw a pic of the new xB and said " Thats ugly "

- Scion has abandond its curent xB owners

- Scion is a sell out

- Scion isnt true to their word.

BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Scion didnt make this new B with current owners in mind. Like i said before, most owners are still have a lein on thier boxs and would end up upside down in a trade. Scion didnt make the new B to replace YOUR xB. You all love your original xB and thats great, but to keep going on and on and on on how its looks like this and runs like that ... what, you aint got nothing better to do with your time. It was funny the first few days or so, but now it just makes all the haters look like a bunch of sore losers.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:43 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by THE_DON
The xB2 is not the same concept. They looked at what made the tC successful and tried to force those ideas into a Tokyo city-car. What they created was some strange hybrid of two cars that appeal to two different audiences.
-THE DON
thats just it. Its NOT a tokyo-city car. We live in America, where these is life outside of the city. Give it up guys, the xB is no longer a "tokyo" city car. It is whatever Toyota/Scion wants to make it and now thats a bigger car. Accept it. We know how much you guys like the be "JDM". We get it.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:45 PM
SL Member

[quote="CBSIMONSEZ"]
Scion didnt make this new B with current owners in mind. Like i said before, most owners are still have a lein on thier boxs and would end up upside down in a trade. Scion didnt make the new B to replace YOUR xB. You all love your original xB and thats great, but to keep going on and on and on on how its looks like this and runs like that ... what, you aint got nothing better to do with your time. It was funny the first few days or so, but now it just makes all the haters look like a bunch of sore losers.
thats what I've been trying to say. Toyota already got your money. They are after another demographic now.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by The_Sciontologist
The xB2 is not the same concept. They looked at what made the tC successful and tried to force those ideas into a Tokyo city-car. What they created was some strange hybrid of two cars that appeal to two different audiences.
-THE DON
thats just it. Its NOT a tokyo-city car. We live in America, where these is life outside of the city. Give it up guys, the xB is no longer a "tokyo" city car. It is whatever Toyota/Scion wants to make it and now thats a bigger car. Accept it. We know how much you guys like the be "JDM". We get it.
It's not about JDM. There a lot's of tiny wagons and microvans all over asia that look good. There's no reason they can't be successful here.

If you don't like to hear the negative comments, take your tC (that looks like every other car on the road) home and leave us whiners to cry on each others shoulders. I really wish I had a beer to cry in.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

See, thats just it. Any thread, anywhere on SL that has to deal with the new xB is still full of the haters.

- The new Xb should be called a tC wagon
- The new xB looks like poop

- My daughter saw a pic of the new xB and said " Thats ugly "

- Scion has abandond its curent xB owners

- Scion is a sell out

- Scion isnt true to their word.

BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Yea... but you gotta leave room for others to have an opinion too.
No matter how long they have it.
As soon as you start trying to shut someone down for their opinion, you lose me.

this back and forth is why we're all here

...but you ain't got nothing better to do with YOUR time than make fun of us with nothing better to do with OUR time?

yea we're dwelling on it
And yes I am a sore loser.
I confess. i Hate the new xB

My favorite quote is "it looks like poopl"
I love that one.

And I really do I have better things to do.
I just enjoy this

So please excuse me while I BLA BLA BLA.

thanks

Old 02-15-2007, 11:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by midtowndesi
^^^ ditto. new xb sucks a fat one. ps, how's it going in forrest hillz? ;]
- sh00k
Ha
Pretty good thanks

Much different with a two year old.

I don't get here very often anymore
Old 02-16-2007, 12:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

thats what I've been trying to say. Toyota already got your money. They are after another demographic now.
i think your wrong with the last statement.

Toyota is still after the same demographic. (the youth demo)
They heard all the americanized complaints and saw the turn over from new buyers (bought and sold because it was not good for them).
Toyota changed the product to hopefully match the american taste and retain the turnovers (keep them in the toyota family...the whole goal of scion in the first place).

Toyota is not worried about sales numbers...or else they would be making more of these and pushing the sales numbers. Instead Toyota holds back production to low numbers (150,000 for the year compared to 1,800,000 for toyota).

basically, any vehicle that toyota makes can sell 50,000 a year.

as the first two models were japan rebadges, most of us were hoping to get more JDM type models in the future.
Scion's first model all for them alone, the ccX...(remember that???) kinda showed the way of the future. since then we have seen two more models both following the ccX lead in styling.

most of the haters of this new design (myself included) were hoping for some attitude in the new design (like the gen3 bB was to the gen2 bB). instead we got a rounded, softer, and less moving design.

on paper this has nice specs and features, but wrapped in the body it is in, i dislike it.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default Re: News release for xB

Originally Posted by RiceDragon
http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/st...4523527&EDATE=

2008 SCION xB PRELIMINARY SPECIFICATIONS

DIMENSIONS (inches)

Overall length: 167.3

Overall width: 69.3

Overall height: 62.6

Wheelbase: 102.4

ENGINE

Type: 2.4-liter, 4-cylinder, DOHC 16-valve EFI with VVT-i

Bore and Stroke: 3.48 x 3.78 inches

Displacement: 2,362 cc

Compression Ratio: 9.8:1

Horsepower: 158 hp @ 6,000 rpm

Torque: 162 lb.-ft. @ 4,000 rpm

TIRES AND WHEELS

Wheel Size: 16 x 6.5 inches

Tire Size: P205/55 R16

it says, "2008 SCION xB PRELIMINARY SPECIFICATIONS". does this mean there's a possiblity of a last-minute change???
Old 02-16-2007, 01:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

-THE DON
Actually, I live in the heart of Los Angeles. Thats where I spend most of my driving time. The xb1 is a perfect car to have in the city ("in America"). Its not about JDM to me. Its about having a functional vehicle for in city driving. I'm not sure you can appreciate that.
Old 02-16-2007, 02:23 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by 1epoXyBox
-THE DON
Actually, I live in the heart of Los Angeles. Thats where I spend most of my driving time. The xb1 is a perfect car to have in the city ("in America"). Its not about JDM to me. Its about having a functional vehicle for in city driving. I'm not sure you can appreciate that.
I understand, but Scion isn't making a car just for you. There are ALOT of people out there in "America" that DON'T live in the city and have to take highways to get around. The anemic xB1 motor just ain't doin it. They had to give it some bigger ***** so instead on designing a new engine and waste all the R&D, they used the tC engine. The 2AZ-FE would not fit in the classic box, so they made it bigger to fit the engine. get over it
Old 02-16-2007, 04:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Yea but did they have to make it ugly?

Quick Reply: 2008 Scion xB & xD Photos Leaked One Day Early