Does Scion need saving?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 06:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

http://jalopnik.com/369744/2009-honda-fit-is-go-again

one more reason scion needs to step it up. thats a good looking car.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Yeah sometimes I still wish I bought a Fit. Mostly because of the potential of dropping a K20 in it. Two things I didn't like. One, the A/C just plain sucks. I had it cranked on high and I was burning up. The other thing is the carpet, or lack of. It's some weird material and it totally ruins the otherwise great interior. That was last summer and price wise around here, for a 5speed Fit Sport with nothing extra, was only a few hundred dollars less than my xB2. That was another reason I didn't get it.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Based on the new Hako concept, Scion is doomed!

-THE DON
Old 03-19-2008, 10:03 PM
5 Year Member

When it comes to the age of the drivers, is the situation of parents buying the car for their children taken in to account? Sure, a 50 year old bought it, but a 17 year old is driving. I've never seen any explanation for those stats.

My perfect Scion would be something similar to the xB1 with the Corolla's 1.8 in it. The xD intrigues me in that way.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

Originally Posted by doorknob24

My perfect Scion would be something similar to the xB1 with the Corolla's 1.8 in it. The xD intrigues me in that way.
x2. i would have loved to see the current JDM bB with the 1.8l in it. probably would have traded in for one instead of a GTI
Old 03-20-2008, 01:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I take back what I said before. After that poor excuse of a concept car they showed at the NY Auto Show, they do need to step it up with the new tC's predissesor, or I will by something else other than a Scion.

Don't get me wrong, I love it, but the need a car with some performance.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:32 AM
Banned
SL Member

i think toyota needs to send there designers to the medical center to get a ____ testm cause the hako is wack
Old 03-20-2008, 04:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by FreedomOne
I take back what I said before. After that poor excuse of a concept car they showed at the NY Auto Show, they do need to step it up with the new tC's predissesor, or I will by something else other than a Scion.

Don't get me wrong, I love it, but the need a car with some performance.
if you "need" more performance you should have never bought a scion.

and why not just keep your tc?

I know the trend nowadays is to get a new car every few years , people could just keep a car for a while longer.

I know it's a crazy concept but ya know.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ I am over my head, sorry.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes the outside of the new Fit is much nicer than the current one, however if the interior and ride is anything like the current model... that will suck. I still prefer my xD over the Fit any day.

Though I do think that Scion does need saving as far as innovative designs go. Just looking on these forums and other heavily populated Scion forums, people have great ideas and art to show what they mean. It is starting to feel like politicians.. they come up with ideas that sound great but since they're so out of touch with the people its actually not that good lol.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:02 PM
5 Year Member

Default Bring back the box

I'm completely out of the Scion demagraphic. 62 years old, but I have 2 gen 1 Xb's. I bought the first in Janruary, '04 after seeing them on the road. Took a test drive on a lark and left the dealer with the car. I thought it was great looking and different. Above all it was practical. My wife liked it too but had a perfectly good Proteqe 5. Then in early '07 I heard that Scion was to stop making the Xb. We went and got a twin for my wife and sold the Protege. We both love the cars.

That said the new Xb is a horrible looking car imho. The styling is horrenduous and it's much too big. In short Scion took a good thing and ruined it. They need to put there tails between there legs and go back and do another redesign...FAST.

My 2 cents.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It has potential

Old 03-21-2008, 12:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

yea...now fix the front...
Old 03-21-2008, 05:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by doorknob24
When it comes to the age of the drivers, is the situation of parents buying the car for their children taken in to account? Sure, a 50 year old bought it, but a 17 year old is driving. I've never seen any explanation for those stats.

the 50 year old purchaser is in the stats.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and don't forget the spin-off series

Old 03-21-2008, 10:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Society
SL Member

fail. You can try to make the hako coupe look like an xb all you want, but the point is. Scion already has an XB. The concept is total fail.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not really-the xB is just an american bB and tha fact that the bB in Japan is quite different than ours shows there is room for some change and given Scions slump in the market this might be just the thing for the people that don't want the bigger, heavier new xB-it still needs to be styled well even if it's supposed to be funky.

The xA missed the mark (shown by it's sales) the xD is actually a better replacement for the xB 1st gen but as Scion grown into different model years the buyers will start looking at the brand and less at the "what model is this supposed to replacing aspect" and whether xB like or not, the fact is that there are reasons some people do or don't like every model-all that Scion has to do is keep it fresh and likeable to a good chunk of buyers and the variety just helps the to each his own personality that we all have.
Old 03-22-2008, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm just curious, but do Honda owners trash other Hondas like the tC and xB gen 1 people trash the xD and the xB2?

Or is this some warped-sense of loyalty to direct Scion on what they think is best (by trash-talking down their vehicles)?
Old 03-22-2008, 05:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Personally I really like the xD, I didn't like the tC when I first saw it but it has grown on me a lot-sometimes have thought about trading the xB for one.

I do not like the new xB much-not because it isn't like the first one-I just don't much care for it. I have seen a few modded ones that I like (even really like) but as a whole it's just not for me. The quality is great, the more comfortable and quieter side is nice I just wouldn't buy one given the other chices.

I do see the point in that why bash-we all have our own tastes and needs, we all drive the same brand and it's a good brand. All the models are good-just depends on the list of what makes a car good for you is and what holds the most value-then you choose accordingly.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

the xb2 is an abomination of first gen xB
if the xb2 was given a new nameplate I don't think many if any first gen xB owners would care about it or put it down.

and honduh owners are a whole different breed , but the fit owners aren't really enthusiasts so they might go either way.

with civics the only huge differences that have happened throughout the years are front suspension , and styling , size hasn't changed too much and the cars biggest differences is styling

Quick Reply: Does Scion need saving?