the back looks like a mad dog with bloodshot red eyes
the back looks like a cats face....lol
Old 11-18-2008, 06:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by D1G1T4L
Are you the guy in this commercial?
Hey, I was just posting my opinion. No need to be a ____ing _____.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I've noticed that the only people that seems to have a problem with the IQ and the Hako are the tC owners.
The tC was the only car designed for Americans, the others were orginally Japanese. Seems to me that the only car not fitting the Scion lineup is the tC. I say drop the tC and bring back the Celica or the Supra instead, or the fuse.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nooo....i think the IQ is cool...just not my cup of tea. i like coupes...

the box i like too. the first gen box. the xa i like. the xd i like also, the dash isn't in the center. points in my book. the xa i like more, so if it had xd interior i'd like it best of these three. coupe tc still wins out of all them.

...fuse is differant. hako is oddddd.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Stupid tC. Yes, I own one, and yes, I love it, and yes, I'd buy it again, but STUPID TC!! if it hadn't been so successful, in both reviews and sales #s, Scion probably would've left well enough alone and just given us the new bB and all would've been well. Instead Scion said "see, we designed a vehicle for American tastes and it sells better than the ones we imported from Japan. Lets 'Americanize' all of our future vehicles..."

As for the iQ, I think it's an excellent, excellent car... for my wife. If it's the right price it'll probably go on the list of cars to check out when her current car dies (Ford Focus, shouldn't take too long, lol) along with the Cube, Soul, etc. So you can put this tC owner into a different category than the others, as someone who likes and appreciates what this car will do for the brand. I'm looking at other vehicles for myself, but if this is priced right it will reinvigorate the brand and make my wife happy she doesn't have to buy an expensive, not-that-efficient Smart Car...
Old 11-21-2008, 02:08 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Metalive
I've noticed that the only people that seems to have a problem with the IQ and the Hako are the tC owners.
The tC was the only car designed for Americans, the others were orginally Japanese. Seems to me that the only car not fitting the Scion lineup is the tC. I say drop the tC and bring back the Celica or the Supra instead, or the fuse.

AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! id wouldve much preferred to be drifting a 400+whp sexy monster beast of a newly designed supra....but NOOO they blew it all away on....a tC.

lol im hating on it cuz im sick of the problems!(due to EX-Boosting)

TIME FOR CHANGE!(since we probably wont get any good change ANYWHERE (and i mean anywhere)else... )
maybe obama will get a IQ to roll around in...definitely a 1/2 inch steel body on bags rollin on 22's!

side note i definitely feel there should be an apostrophe before the I... 'IQ
Old 11-23-2008, 02:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dont be so petty, just because a few people disagree with you or you just dont like them/us, doesnt mean you should kill the car from the brand.

tC is way better than the Celica, Supra is in a different class. I say make mild adjustments to the tC, offer 2.4(or 3.0 if they could haha) v6 and switch to RWD with mild price increase. i call mild bumped up to $20k. as far as interior goes, the tC has the best interior of any toyota in my honest opinion, though the solara may be more luxury oriented and the xB has its own cool features as well.

iQ is a good move for the brand, but the whole use of the word iQ disgusts me, just like "smart car" there is nothing smart about a smart car. (no offense)
i think its interesting that there is STILL no REAL competition to the prius (as much as that pains me to say, not a fan of the prius)
Old 11-23-2008, 03:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

"Stupid tC"? I never said that.
I love the looks of the tC. I love to have one if i didn't hate the way it drove when i test drove one(was a used one BTW). It's probily one of the best looking cars for under $17,000. I did say that it does not fit in the line-up if you take a step back and look at the whole picture. Scion started out as a brand that brings small, funky looking, fuel efficient, and inexpensive cars to the USA, the tC is none of those.
Old 11-23-2008, 04:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

"Stupid tC"? I never said that.
I love the looks of the tC. I love to have one if i didn't hate the way it drove when i test drove one(was a used one BTW). It's probily one of the best looking cars for under $17,000. I did say that it does not fit in the line-up if you take a step back and look at the whole picture. Scion started out as a brand that brings small, funky looking, fuel efficient, and inexpensive cars to the USA, the tC is none of those.
i didnt say stupid tC either if you were directing that one at me, someone else said that.

to be honest i prolly didnt receive your main point all that well haha.

in the sense it doesnt fit in your absolutely right, its not all that efficient or small or really all that "funky"compared to the xB/xA/xD. but you did say drop the tC. in any case i think its good for scion to try and be more diverse. speaking of which, is it just me or did toyota totally make the scion designers its _____? lol the matrix (i think thats the one) looks shockingly similar to the xA in my opinion (outside at least)

you really didnt like the handling? i love the handling in mine and i dont even have the sway bar or coilovers in yet. maybe its just a preference thing

EDIT: lol i like how the site replaced the curse word with the word "biscuit" that made my day lol.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i just looked up the smart car, and i have to say holy ____ that is the biggest ripoff i've ever seen in my life, it is slow, super tiny, no really great interior features and heres the price:

$11,590 - $16,590 so this begs the question, WTF mate? sure its a division of mercedes but since when is a car with an interior/exterior that is no more interesting or stylish than a wet carrot. and the "convertible version" cost as much as a manual 2009 scion tC!

so for roughly $15k you get 1.0L I3 71HP 33/41 mpg
the convertible is $17,430 (local dealership)
Old 11-23-2008, 09:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the Celica IS coming back....for Japan only as a restyled tC fools! I looked at a japanese review of the iQ. there was a pic of a guy sitting in the backseat with a woman driving and his knees were in his chest. can't even fit a shopping bag in the back with the rear seats up. what a waste. Scion is headed for the wrong demographics. I tell ya, no kid would want this car. you gotta have yer beats...no room for beats in the iQ. and the Smart? at least you can order different panels and change them out if you get tired of the color of the car.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

restyled tC? ummm...

and then there is this

its difficult to tell, the first one is supposed to be called the FT-HS which is to be the new supra and the second is the new celica.

neither of which look like a tC to me, but there is no news as to what is coming to the US if anything. and if anything does come it will probably be under a scion badge as a higher end scion.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ that is not the new Celica by any means. found these over the weekend. here's your first modded iQ.

as I said about no room for anything in the car.
[/img]
Old 11-26-2008, 03:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha dude that last pic is great lol. that modded iQ is pretty awesome actually.

and about the celica toyota poster, what do you imagine the celica is then?
Old 11-26-2008, 09:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JDMJim
as I said about no room for anything in the car.
[/img]
note - if you're looking for a car to sit 4 adults and a weeks worth of luggage, you're looking at the wrong car. for this car, the rear seats are probably going to spend 99% of their time either folded flat (or removed? not sure how they work) leaving plenty of room. on that rare night where you pull Designated Driver duty, you've got the small jump-seats to haul your friends home from the bar.

looks perfect to me (who hasn't used his rear seats for anything other than the "conversation seating" in probably 2 years).
Old 11-27-2008, 12:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Technitarded
haha dude that last pic is great lol. that modded iQ is pretty awesome actually.

despite the Scion logo, it has now been popping up with Toyota badges
Old 11-27-2008, 03:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JDMJim
Originally Posted by Technitarded

despite the Scion logo, it has now been popping up with Toyota badges
wow looks pretty legit, i like the US tC better though.
Old 11-27-2008, 04:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just wait til the engine choice pops up. rumor for now is 2.4l 200hp. sounds like high compression to me
Old 11-28-2008, 04:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha yea i know thats such bs lol X-) they should pop a 3.0 v6 in the us version as a choice. or at least offer RWD

Quick Reply: It's confirmed: Scion iQ "The Future of Scion"