Notices

Lexus GT500 Gets Green Light at $170,000

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 03:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I never stated outright that ferraris and lambos are unreliable, but now that u mention it, ferraris are KNOWN for giving trouble, and Lamborghinis before audi took over were the same. Don't try to insenuate either that I hinge my opinion on what a magazine or some guy on the internet says, cause I can afford to speak from real world experience (working as a mechanic for a while, and being involved in racing and car/racing circles does that).

True car enthusiast don't buy cars just for the badge, and many people in this market bracket won't either.
In any case, i'm sure Lexus isnt looking to break any sales numbers with this car either...."low-volume flagship model"

Further more, this was hardly an official announcement, why is everybody getting their panties in a bunch?
Old 03-10-2006, 04:20 AM
Banned
SL Member

yaa well if u got a enough money to buy one you sure as hell have enough to repair soo whats your point...and still more fun to drive..and how the hell u know if this new lexus is relieable??? i'm sure its gonna give problems since they usually dont make these kind of cars
Old 03-10-2006, 04:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Unfortunately most people that buy exotic cars are NOT car enthusiasts, they're pople seeking to out-status each other. At least in this country.
I agree with the previous poster that the Toyota car looks dated, like something I sketched on my notebook in high school (Class of 87 baby!) It also has a rather non-descript kit car quality to the front end, which will probably not fly with people looking to buy a $170k car.
I applaud them for wanting to create a flagship showcasing F1 technology, but it should be in a more special wrapper than that.
Old 03-10-2006, 05:40 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

If Lexus wants to play with the big dogs, they may want to look to Mercedes as an example.

1. How many people are willing to pay over $300,000 for a Mercedes? I'd argue not very many. Even though they chose to badge the SLR under the MB badge, I'd argue that they could've been more sucessful had it been a Maybach. However, I can see how they'd want to leverage the historical value of the SL and the gull wing doors.

2. How many people will lose their mind and pay over $300,000 for what's essentially a stretched and polished S Class with more HP and reclining seats, i.e. Maybach. Enough to warrant building them.

3. Mercedes understood that their brand didn't have the same equity as Rolls or Bently, so they chose to bring back Maybach in order to compete in the stratosphere (although some people probably aren't aware of the historial relationship between MB and Maybach).

4. It would be interesting to see if Toyota/Lexus introduce a new brand to launch the GT under. I'm aware that this isn't a perfect comparison since Maybach's are arguableythe most expensive productiion cars in the world and there are people who place a lot of value on the price paid for a product but it'd be hard to justify a Benz at that price.

Lexus is traditionally known for creating exceptional cars at "value" pricing, at least in relation to their competition (Audi, BMW, MB) It'll be fun to see whether they continue to travel this path and play off of their value image or if they try to break into the realm of "supercars".

By the way, who ever thought you'd see a $100,000 Cadillac, i.e. the XLR V-Series.
Old 03-10-2006, 05:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i'd buy it, it looks hella tite, and its a TOYOTA at heart..im a die hard fan so HELLS YA TO TOYOTA
Old 03-10-2006, 06:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by TcDepo
VW OWNS/Builds

Bugatti<----fastest car in the world

Lamborghini

Porshe

Bentley

Audi

SKoda
bugatti is french
Old 03-10-2006, 07:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

As much as I like Lamborghini for its looks, Lamborghinis are just baller cars with no racing heritgage. Atleast Toyota races in F1
Old 03-10-2006, 10:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

..and how the hell u know if this new lexus is relieable??? i'm sure its gonna give problems since they usually dont make these kind of cars
Where do I start...
Old 03-10-2006, 12:28 PM
Banned
SL Member

bugatti is french[/quote]

Bugatti is owned by Vdub
Old 03-10-2006, 12:42 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by MJVsTC
..and how the hell u know if this new lexus is relieable??? i'm sure its gonna give problems since they usually dont make these kind of cars
Where do I start...

Only cause they make family cars relieable doesn't mean this super machine is...its not a guarntee...only cause its toyota
Old 03-10-2006, 12:44 PM
Banned
SL Member

i dont care what anyones says i rather be seen drivin this bad boy this is what i call BALLIINNNN....

Old 03-10-2006, 04:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yaa well if u got a enough money to buy one you sure as hell have enough to repair soo whats your point...and still more fun to drive..and how the hell u know if this new lexus is relieable??? i'm sure its gonna give problems since they usually dont make these kind of cars
You don´t get it. Its not about paying to repair it, its about the annoying inconvenience of not having it in the instance you want to use it. Further more, the Lexus isnt out, and YOU havent driven it, so why do u think you can clain another car is more fun to drive....furthermore than a ferrari (or any other exotic car), which i´m willing to bet you havent driven either. As much also every one shouldnt assume its reliable just because it is a toyota/lexus, you shouldnt assume its UNreliable just because lexus doesnt typically produce thes types of cars. Toyota has THE most reliable engine on the F1 grid, and that will carry over to this car.
Yes, the ferrari F430 spyder is gorgeous, i´d rock it, but more likey i´d buy it for my girlfriend Seriously though, once the lexus bring its credencials, i´d much rather have a F1 V10 screaming at my hand than a ferrari (or hell, why not take turns with both )

xknowonex

Lamborghni does have racing heritage......lots of it too

Tmanion I really dont think lexus is gonna try to sell to many of these cars... some of u are totally missing the point....
Old 03-10-2006, 04:37 PM
Banned
SL Member

what u talkin about toyota is the best egine in the of F1 grid they get $hit on by Team Ferrari and Team Mclaren/Mercedez Benz and BMW...they will never be in that class...idc what u say lexus is toyota no matter what...**** relieability if u got the money to spend that much **** it u got enough to fix it and still feel good about havin a ferrari in your garage...ooo and by the way Toyota Racing builds its F1 race car entirely in-house at the Toyota Motorsport factory in Cologne, Germany. the engine is german made sorry buddy it aint japanese
Old 03-10-2006, 05:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what u talkin about toyota is the best egine in the of F1 grid they get $hit on by Team Ferrari and Team Mclaren/Mercedez Benz and BMW...they will never be in that class...idc what u say lexus is toyota no matter what...**** relieability if u got the money to spend that much **** it u got enough to fix it and still feel good about havin a ferrari in your garage...ooo and by the way Toyota Racing builds its F1 race car entirely in-house at the Toyota Motorsport factory in Cologne, Germany. the engine is german made sorry buddy it aint japanese
You sir, are an idiot. I never said toyota had the best engine, I said it had the most reliable, and that is a FACT. Furthermore, Toyota was THE newest team on the F1 grid in the 2005 season, having been in F1 for only 5 years, and had they raced the US GP they would have been ahead of ferrari at the end of the day, in 3rd place. U need to pull your head out of your dumb fcukin @ss and realise that toyota has has always been, is and will always be some of the best competition you will ever find on the racing scene, bar none. And if you think because TTE runs toyota´s F1 operation, that there arent any Japanese working there, you arent just stupid, you are deluded, and even if they didnt, it would just mean that toyota has German engineers at their disposal, which would demonstratre that it doesnt really matter that this car is a lexus. I think you have some pent up issues to deal with, kindly **** off and stop making yourself look like a biased eeeeeeeejjjjjit
Old 03-10-2006, 05:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oooooh, snap!
Old 03-10-2006, 05:48 PM
Banned
SL Member

dood japanease cars will never be the fastest cars in the world europeans are by far are the best built cars in the world...so goo **** off u piece of $hit ******..dont get mad cause they are german made the F1 motors Biatchhh. and u think all european cars are unrelibale u fcukin bias piece of $hit ****...your probualy 1 of those people that read CR and believe anything they say...
Old 03-10-2006, 05:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dood japanease cars will never be the fastest cars in the world europeans are by far are the best built cars in the world...so goo **** off u piece of $hit ******..dont get mad cause they are german made the F1 motors Biatchhh. and u think all european cars are unrelibale u fcukin bias piece of $hit ****...your probualy 1 of those people that read CR and believe anything they say...
That wasn't very nice.
Old 03-10-2006, 06:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hope that outburst made you feel better. You should get back to class and get a grasp on the technicalities of the english language, and just maybe learn how to insult somebody. Possibly even expand your vocabulary further than ´****´and ´****´. Really, I´m trying not to direct anything personal at you, but when you disrespect the board with your distasteful conduct, while being in the wrong like that, I can´t help it.
I never ever said I dont like european cars, nor that all are unreliable. Maybe while you are back at school you could pick up reading comprehension as well.
Who makes what hardly concerns me, as long as companies in the world produces fun, fast cars, that I get to drive i´ll continue to be happy. Lexus´or anyother car manufacturer´s success has nothing to do with me, because I dont own any shares in any of them (yet). So put that in your crack pipe and fukc off, you ignorant, pickle sucking, braid dead, **** packing son of a b!tch.

pudrate, pinche sangron

apologies in advance to the mods and anybody reading that might have taken offence...except the ***** who I responded to of course
Old 03-10-2006, 06:26 PM
Banned
SL Member

why dont u go tickle ur @sshole with a pink feather $hitbag ******.
!!!
Old 03-10-2006, 06:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

WooH!!!! Chill out both of U!!!
...europeans are by far are the best built cars in the world
European built cars are known as premium performance vehicles, but NO WAY can u call them the "best" cars in the World.
It truely depends on what u define as "best".
Is best meaning optimal performance but shiety reliability/durability? Or vice versa?
I know first hand that some Euro-mobiles aren't & haven't been in any sense realiable, infact they've had scheduled breakdowns.
In my book, if a car is "scheduled" to eatshiet, that rules out its chances of the in "best" catagory. On the same token, there are the ultimate machines tuned for perfection (like Ferrari, Rolls, McLaren, etc...), however from my experience the more performance oriented the car is, the more unreliable it becomes @ the same time the more reliable a car is, the less performance tuned its geared towards (not true in every single case, just from my overall experience).
And to say:
...japanease cars will never be the fastest cars in the world...<--
~ I respond with: NEVER SAY NEVER.

Quick Reply: Lexus GT500 Gets Green Light at $170,000